PDA

View Full Version : D tackles: Why is it either Sims/Dalton or Reed Edwards

ILChief
08-19-2006, 10:49 AM
It seems like from what I've read about training camp and saw in the preseason games, Sims and Dalton AND Reed and Edwards are inseperable. Why not mix it up and stick Sims next to Edwards and/or Reed next to Dalton. It appears that Edwards and Dalton play the same tackle position and Sims and Reed play the same position, so putting Sims in with Reed and Dalton next to Edwards might not make sense, but I'm not a defensive line expert. But mixing and matching the tackles can't hurt as the current situation doesn't seem to be producing any pressure on the QB.

P.S. There's only one M in Sims

SNR
08-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Ranking our first four DTs... according to what I've seen anyway...

Reed
Dalton
Edwards
Sims
Wilkerson
Dixon

So that would work out just well

milkman
08-19-2006, 10:57 AM
P.S. There's only one M in Sims

You're wasting keystrokes.

Nobody listens, or cares.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
You're wasting keystrokes.

Nobody listens, or cares.

Hes waisting keystrokes by continuing to chat about any of these DT's. They all suck, everybody knows it......lets move on.

Hydrae
08-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Hes waisting keystrokes by continuing to chat about any of these DT's. They all suck, everybody knows it......lets move on.

They may all being steaming piles of shit but they are our steaming piles of shit and we need to figure out which two smell the least. This is a legit question to which I also would be interested in hearing an answer.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 11:20 AM
It seems like from what I've read about training camp and saw in the preseason games, Sims and Dalton AND Reed and Edwards are inseperable. Why not mix it up and stick Sims next to Edwards and/or Reed next to Dalton. It appears that Edwards and Dalton play the same tackle position and Sims and Reed play the same position, so putting Sims in with Reed and Dalton next to Edwards might not make sense, but I'm not a defensive line expert. But mixing and matching the tackles can't hurt as the current situation doesn't seem to be producing any pressure on the QB.

P.S. There's only one M in SimsI think that Sims and Dalton were originally considered to be the starters. When Reed and Edwards moved ahead of them on the depth chart, I think Herm was trying to send a message to both guys. The problem is, neither of them have responded to that message. Even against 2nd and 3rd stringers, these guys are not standing out.

In other words, it's not about trying to keep the tandems together as much as Dalton and Sims are both sucking to the point that neither has individually earned a chance to run with the first team.

Maybe mixing it up would create a recipe that couldn't have been predicted, but to be honest after watching dalton and Sims this pre-season, I don't the think they're the ingredient for any edible recipe.

Dark Horse
08-19-2006, 01:17 PM
they might as well have the same number and the same name looks like our young linebackers have their work cut out for them.