PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Niklos

SNR
08-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I remember a play late in the Giants game where he caught a short pass from Smoker and ran one or two yards to the sideline before being wollaped by a Giants LB. He didn't go down. In fact, he wollaped the other LB just as hard and kept trying to run, except for the fact that the LB was holding on for dear life to his legs. Then a safety and a CB come in to hit him hard out of bounds too, and Niklos didn't ****ing go down.

After all three of those hard hits, a bunch of Giants finally came in and just brought him down. But not after gaining another 3-4 yards after that first hit from the first LB.

That by far was the best play of the evening for the Chiefs, because it showed toughness, grit, and determination, even late in the game when no one was watching. Which is more than I can say for this defense or backup Oline.

I know it's stupid to think Niklos will make the squad, but damn, I am a fan of this kid after seeing that play.

Saulbadguy
08-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Niklos played well.

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Why won't he make the team?

The Chiefs usually carry two fullbacks.

Who, besides Cruz, is ahead of him on the depth chart?

SNR
08-19-2006, 11:05 AM

Who, besides Cruz, is ahead of him on the depth chart?I thought last year we only carried TRich and then 3 backups

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM

Who, besides Cruz, is ahead of him on the depth chart?

He will make the team...if not the roster, then on the PS (unless someone else nabs him off waivers.) Unless they plan on keeping Dee Brown, and expecting him to fill-in at FB too.

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I thought last year we only carried TRich and then 3 backups

Ronnie Cruz was on the roster last year.

He played in 14 games on ST's and was inactive for two.

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
He will make the team...if not the roster, then on the PS (unless someone else nabs him off waivers.) Unless they plan on keeping Dee Brown, and expecting him to fill-in at FB too.

I expect the Chiefs to keep 3 RB's (LJ, Bennett, and Brown, with Derek Ross to the PS), and two FB's (Cruz and Niklos).

SNR
08-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Ronnie Cruz was on the roster last year.

He played in 14 games on ST's and was inactive for two.Ah. Nevermind then

Mr. Kotter
08-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I expect the Chiefs to keep 3 RB's (LJ, Bennett, and Brown, with Derek Ross to the PS), and two FB's (Cruz and Niklos).

I'm betting four: LJ, Bennett, Brown, and Cruz; with Niklos and/or Ross on the PS. If they keep five, it will be Niklos...unless someone is cut that the Chiefs decide to pickup.

jlscorpio
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
i got Niklos' autograph for my son at training camp. He looks like a horse, and is a supercool guy.