PDA

View Full Version : vh1 classic stripped

Dark Horse
08-19-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm looking through the music section of Walmart the other day and as I get to the z's, I'm thumbing throug ZZ top and Rob Zombie. I notice next to it a CD titled Cassic Metal Mania Stripped. I picked it up and the artists read like a who's who of Hollwood Hair Metal, a collection of "power Ballads". I'm thinking nobody does a Power Ballad better than these lipstick wearing, spandex clad riff rangers. When I got to my truck and popped it in it hit me what stripped meant. The boys at VH1 Classic must have been out of their drug loving minds when they put this collection of sappy stripped down accoustic love songs together. If I wanted to listen to John friggin Denver I would listen to John friggin Denver. The thing that made these songs good in the first place was the metal edge. You add heavy drums and distorted guitars and vocals to a song with an actual melody and usually it sounds pretty good. You take away the edge and it sounds like well, the afore mentioned John friggin Denver.
I've got one thing to say to these heroes of hairspray, either plug into your Marshall Stacks and crank it up so that the guitars and vocals distort to the point where no one can tell you suck or shut the hell up!

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm looking through the music section of Walmart the other day and as I get to the z's, I'm thumbing throug ZZ top and Rob Zombie. I notice next to it a CD titled Cassic Metal Mania Stripped. I picked it up and the artists read like a who's who of Hollwood Hair Metal, a collection of "power Ballads". I'm thinking nobody does a Power Ballad better than these lipstick wearing, spandex clad riff rangers. When I got to my truck and popped it in it hit me what stripped meant. The boys at VH1 Classic must have been out of their drug loving minds when they put this collection of sappy stripped down accoustic love songs together. If I wanted to listen to John friggin Denver I would listen to John friggin Denver. The thing that made these songs good in the first place was the metal edge. You add heavy drums and distorted guitars and vocals to a song with an actual melody and usually it sounds pretty good. You take away the edge and it sounds like well, the afore mentioned John friggin Denver.
I've got one thing to say to these heroes of hairspray, either plug into your Marshall Stacks and crank it up so that the guitars and vocals distort to the point where no one can tell you suck or shut the hell up!

Heavy metal sucks major ass.

I'd rather listen to John Denver.

Dark Horse
08-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Heavy metal sucks major ass.

I'd rather listen to John Denver.

I'm an Old school guy and I like just about any classic rock and even a little bit of John Denver. I can't believe I just said like and Denver in the same sentence though.

Pitt Gorilla
08-19-2006, 11:57 AM
I've got one thing to say to these heroes of hairspray, either plug into your Marshall Stacks and crank it up so that the guitars and vocals distort to the point where no one can tell you suck or shut the hell up!Eh, I prefer the Ozzy/Wylde "ballads;" no more tears, Momma I'm coming home, etc. I'm not sure "hair" bands had an edge.

Dark Horse
08-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Eh, I prefer the Ozzy/Wylde "ballads;" no more tears, Momma I'm coming home, etc. I'm not sure "hair" bands had an edge.
Yeh you're probably dead on there although some hair bands like Motley Crue and Skid row had a real edge to them and their ballads were killer. Home sweet home and your all I need by Crue were good as well as 18 and life by Skid Row