PDA

View Full Version : No Heavyweight belts in USA hands.

Baby Lee
08-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Major props to Maskaev. Getting jobbed by the ref in the early going. Getting outboxed by Rahman. 37, looking like he's out of gas, and just kept coming and coming and coming, and a TKO in the last 10 secs of the 12th, after 2 knockdowns earlier in the round.

And that footage of Maskaev knocking Rahman out of the effing ring in 99, SICK.

ENDelt260
08-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Meh, just invent another one.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Rhonda Moss has potential to change everything.

She's a REAL "heavyweight."

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Meh, just invent another one.Look, 12 is fine. But 13? That will utterly destroy the sanctity of the titles.

Ultra Peanut
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Also, EVANDER HOLYFIELD IS HERE TO RESTORE AMERICA'S BOXING HONOR.

Baby Lee
08-19-2006, 10:15 PM
The Thread title aside, that match was BALLS.

The ref yelling out NO HOLDING!! NO HOLDING!! while they were standing feet apart, getting you all pissed at him. Maskaev looking old, but never falling apart. Rahman getting the 'pull apart,' only to have Maskaev own him on renewed boxing [really, the ref was trying to help Rahman by pulling them apart every time Maskaev even touched Rahman's back, but Rahman would've fared better to have the two leaning on each other all day, than having Maskaev get the first 3-4 solid shots every time they were separated]. Then Maskaev pouring it on in the 12th, knocking him down twice, taking the life out of his eyes.

Primo stuff.

Fruit Ninja
08-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Heavy weight boxing right now is a joke. Lightweights, and Welterweights is where its at.

Logical
08-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Personally I have lost interest in boxing period.

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Boxing is dead! MMA has taken oever as far as combat sports go.

If you want to check out a real fight, Watch UFC 62 saturday.

Rausch
08-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Boxing is dead! MMA has taken oever as far as combat sports go.

Boxing will always be the sweet science (and I'm a MMA fan.)

Considering the money in Boxing it won't ever be completely dead, but it's every bit as much on life support as MLB is...

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 02:48 AM
Boxing will always be the sweet science (and I'm a MMA fan.)

Considering the money in Boxing it won't ever be completely dead, but it's every bit as much on life support as MLB is...
Call it what you want. MMA is FAR more technical than boxing coud ever dream of being.

Smed1065
08-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Personally I have lost interest in boxing period.

It is bad when other fans agree that they suck I guess...

Holyfield was done from Krispy Kreme in Atlanta, he might have a chance away from ATL...

Braincase
08-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Boxing is broken, and as soon as the likes of Don King and Bob Arum are out of the sport forever, the better off it will be.

jspchief
08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Maskaev is a naturalized citizen that has lived here for almost 15 years.

If that belt is not in US hands, whose hands is it in?

JimNasium
08-20-2006, 12:59 PM
That match was awesome. I didn't buy it on the 12th but watched the replay last night and I've got to hand it to Maskaev, he stuck with his game plan and ignored some terrible refereeing. For those of you who say boxing is dead you obviously are not paying attention to the other weight divisions. There are a ton of talented boxers out there right now. Boxing is more than the heavyweight division.

ENDelt260
08-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I saw part of a UFC fight on tv at a bar last night. What I have to say is this... if I'm lying on the ground, face to face with someone, and their legs are wrapped around the small of my back... it'd goddamned well better be a chick.

Those guys may be badasses, but that was some of the gayest shit I've ever seen.

Fruit Ninja
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I lost interest in MMA fighting a long time ago. I got the last pay per view ufc, and it sucked ass. I just cannot get into anymore.

Skip Towne
08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I saw part of a UFC fight on tv at a bar last night. What I have to say is this... if I'm lying on the ground, face to face with someone, and their legs are wrapped around the small of my back... it'd goddamned well better be a chick.

Those guys may be badasses, but that was some of the gayest shit I've ever seen.
Hey Big Daddy!! Come look what Endelt said!!

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 02:30 PM

Lack of knowedge is all that is.

Those "gay bad asses" would demolish the best boxer on the planet Even if they were outweighed up too 50-100lbs

ENDelt260
08-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Lack of knowedge is all that is.

Those "gay bad asses" would demolish the best boxer on the planet Even if they were outweighed up too 50-100lbs
Not big on reading, are you?

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Not big on reading, are you?
Not knocking you. Just trying to inform on how big the gap is, And why exactly it is we do that "gay shit".

DaneMcCloud
08-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Not knoking you. Just trying to iform o how big the gap is, And why exactly it is we do that "gay shit".

Apparently, not that big on the English language as a whole.

Immaculate
08-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Apparently, not that big on the English language as a whole.
My keyboard is beyond ****ed. That's what happens when you drop a corona on it. Dumbass women. :banghead: