PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV being installed as i speak. . .

mac58
08-20-2006, 07:34 AM
no more dragging my ass to bars every Sunday, can watch the chiefs have another sub par season from the comfort of my home . .and finally NFL network!. . .got a pretty good deal 69$ a month for football season with the ultimate channel package. . .

Bwana
08-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Outstanding! You should enjoy it, I know we do around here.

Al Bundy
08-20-2006, 08:07 AM
I got mine last sunday and I love mine, I dont know how I lived without it.

Skip Towne
08-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Your signal quality should be in the 90's when he leaves if you have clear skies. If it is in the 70's or 80's you'll be back on here whining that Directv is no good. To check it go into the menu, then Settings, then Setup, then Satellite, then View signal strength.

Donger
08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know if their PVR's remote (R15) has both RF and IR? I'm considering switching from Dish to them and need to have a RF capable remote.

58-4ever
08-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm moving and trying to decide if I'm going to continue with DirecTV. I haven't had much trouble with them, but my new landlord says I have to put a post up instead of attatching it to the house.

Plus, almost every Chiefs game was on local TV last year and I found myself watching mostly the local games even though I had the Sunday ticket.

Skip Towne
08-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know if their PVR's remote (R15) has both RF and IR? I'm considering switching from Dish to them and need to have a RF capable remote.
The R15 has the little antenna that mounts on the back of the receiver but I can't get it to do the RF thing. You can make any remote become an RF remote with a kit from radioshack or a big box store. You can probably Google it and find one online.

Skip Towne
08-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm moving and trying to decide if I'm going to continue with DirecTV. I haven't had much trouble with them, but my new landlord says I have to put a post up instead of attatching it to the house.

Plus, almost every Chiefs game was on local TV last year and I found myself watching mostly the local games even though I had the Sunday ticket.
You can call Directv and tell them you want to use the "Movers Program". You take the receivers and the remote with you to your new place. They will come out and install them at your new place for free. Leave the dish at the old place.

mac58
08-20-2006, 11:13 AM
my signal was between 96 and 97 when he left. .

mac58
08-20-2006, 11:14 AM
and yeah i havent turned off NFL channel since I got it and problobly wont for about 4 or 5 months. . .

Mr. Laz
08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
my signal was between 96 and 97 when he left. .
watch out for trees that could sag when they get wet and block your signal.

my signal + rain = complete crap :(

Skip Towne
08-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Did he mount the dish high enough that the signal won't be blocked by elephants passing by?

cdcox
08-20-2006, 12:36 PM
If you are an out of area KC fan this is the only way to go.

From the Hall of Fame Game to the Pro Bowl there are 333 games. If you have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket, you have access to every single one of them from the comfort of you living room.

DirecTV and the NFL have established a great relationship and now you are part of that family.

ChiefFan31
08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
You can call Directv and tell them you want to use the "Movers Program". You take the receivers and the remote with you to your new place. They will come out and install them at your new place for free. Leave the dish at the old place.

Gotta love the Movers program. Was at my buddies house yesterday where I lived at for awhile. He was telling me to get a ladder out and take that old dish home.

I told him no way, he looks dialed in with that old birdshit covered dish on there ROFL

ImAWalkingCorpse
08-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I got this a couple of weeks ago too. I absolutely love it.

Mr. Laz
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Did he mount the dish high enough that the signal won't be blocked by elephants passing by?
or pigeons ... ducks ... a particularly large swarm of gnats?

:p

htismaqe
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
The R15 has the little antenna that mounts on the back of the receiver but I can't get it to do the RF thing. You can make any remote become an RF remote with a kit from radioshack or a big box store. You can probably Google it and find one online.

The little antenna on the back is UHF, is it not?