PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Xbox 360 or ??????

mac58
08-20-2006, 07:44 AM
the only game i play is Madden online. . .do u think its worth dropping the $500 on new system or should i just buy the new madden for regular Xbox. . .

are there still gonna be people online for regular xbox?

is the game that much better on 360?

rad
08-20-2006, 07:45 AM
From what I've heard, only if you have a Hi-Def TV.

Adept Havelock
08-20-2006, 09:05 AM
the only game i play is Madden online. . .do u think its worth dropping the $500 on new system or should i just buy the new madden for regular Xbox. . .

are there still gonna be people online for regular xbox?

is the game that much better on 360?

It's got better graphics, but I doubt the gameplay is any different.

Madden 07 for the old Xbox is not bad though. The ability to control lead blockers helps the run game, IMO...

Errrr...or so I've read. ;)

[/hands in pockets, walking away whistling]

Bowser
08-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Instead of dropping the cash on a 360, sell your house and all your possessions, take that cash to Vegas, and put it all on red.

You'll thank me later.

Coach
08-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Instead of dropping the cash on a 360, sell your house and all your possessions, take that cash to Vegas, and put it all on red.

You'll thank me later.

ROFL

Hell of a way to get bankrupt in a hell of a hurry. :D

burt
08-20-2006, 11:04 AM
It's got better graphics, but I doubt the gameplay is any different.

Madden 07 for the old Xbox is not bad though. The ability to control lead blockers helps the run game, IMO...

Errrr...or so I've read. ;)

[/hands in pockets, walking away whistling]

Geez, a 40 something year old man that plays video games..... :shake:

yes get the Xbox 360..you will be glad you did.

[/hands in pockets, walking away whistling, while attempting to look innocent..] ROFL

Sure-Oz
08-20-2006, 11:06 AM
When does the PS3 come out?? I'd wait for that..but it'll probably be like $800 since vg systems are hella expensive now!

ILikeBigTiddys
08-20-2006, 11:10 AM
They're all overrated

cyborgtable
08-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I hate the 360 so much, have you played madden 06 on it, the game is pathetic. That aside 500 dollars for the 360 really isn't worth it because without a high-def T.V. the graphics aren't much better, and the Dual layered dvd's the 360 uses don't hold that much more data than the standard X-box disk, therefore the addition in gameplay will be slight. Either wait for the PS3 or get it for the normal X-box

mac58
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
will there still be online players for regular Xbox madden 07. . .

KCChiefsFan88
08-20-2006, 02:26 PM
When does the PS3 come out?? I'd wait for that..but it'll probably be like $800 since vg systems are hella expensive now!

PS3 and Nintendo Wii are scheduled to come out in the middle part of November (Week of November 13th around there).

PS3's US retail price is going to be around $600.

Valiant
08-20-2006, 03:03 PM
I hate the 360 so much, have you played madden 06 on it, the game is pathetic. That aside 500 dollars for the 360 really isn't worth it because without a high-def T.V. the graphics aren't much better, and the Dual layered dvd's the 360 uses don't hold that much more data than the standard X-box disk, therefore the addition in gameplay will be slight. Either wait for the PS3 or get it for the normal X-box

Do not let this guys biased hatred effect your decision..

The 360 is still an improvement over the xbox on graphics and games even on a nonHD tv... The same excuse could be used for all the new consoles coming out in November... As for the disc argument, most companies do not use most of the disc anyway, so its a moot point..

As for which console you want..

360- has a better live setup then the xbox, 400 dollar premium system, will play most of the older games with live(emulator thru live and hard drive), and the games look great..

ps3- copying xbox live finally, 600 dollar premium system, will play all playstation games, and the games look great..

Wii- copying the xbox live and taking it a step further with emulators of all nintendo consoles, and some sega consoles.. 230-250 dollar system, the games look great but do not compare to the other consoles(think souped(sp?) gamecube on crack)... Also is going to have a gyration controller, should be interesting...

ChiefsLV
08-20-2006, 06:29 PM
I wasn't going to buy a 360 because you need Hi-def to "do it right." It looks like the same old shit on standard definition, hella blurry. So not wanting to drop $1000 on a Hi-def flat panel plus the $400 or so to get the Xbox, I, like you was holding out. Then I found out they have a cable for the 360 that let's you hook it up to a computer monitor. I used my existing flat panel I use for my computer and run it in 1280x1024. I get all the awesomeness of the 360 graphics in a "higher definition" resolution without having to drop all the extra dough on a new TV. Also, like my panel, most have two inputs, so it's easy to switch between PC and 360, no plugging and unplugging every time I want to play.

Sam Hall
08-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Say what you want about the name, but I'm getting the Wii.

The Virtual Console sounds really good to me.

ChiefFan31
08-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I dont know man. I have an Xbox360 and I dont play it all that much. And I have some games too. I just really want the HDTV experience with it, and with my broke ass, that aint happening anytime soon. Sniff sniff.

The graphics are def superior, but like posted above the gameplay will be the same with the OG Xbox.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Wait for the PS3, it's going to be worth the blue ray player just to get one, since the players are $500 right now anyways.

ChiefFan31
08-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Wait for the PS3, it's going to be worth the blue ray player just to get one, since the players are $500 right now anyways.

Actually I believe the one Blu-Ray player that is out right now is a Grand. The HD-DVD players are 5 bills. (both models)

cyborgtable
08-21-2006, 05:41 AM
Actually Sony has had an online system well before the X-box was even out

greg63
08-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Should I buy Xbox 360 or ??????

I refer you to my eight ball.

jidar
08-21-2006, 07:14 AM
I've owned every major console since the NES, so I think I have some perspective here beyond the typical fanboys. I'm purely platform agnostic, if anything I consider myself a PC gamer first.
With that in mind...
I have a 360 hooked up to a 52" DLP (HD), and if you ask me it's absolutely awesome.

Graphically the console is just far superior to all other consoles up to this point. I still get blown away by the clarity of it. If you have an HDTV then you definately want this.

If you don't, I'd still prefer it though. The ability to start/stop/reset the console from the controller still tickles me. It makes me wonder why it took so long for consoles to do that? Also the Live functionality is great, my 360 HDD is full of downloaded demos and arcade games. There have been plenty of times I came home and a bit bored and looking for something to do, so I just fire up Live and go to "new downloads" to check out what's going on. Usually there is something new on there to pique my interest.

Frankly, with the combination of the graphical updates, convenience and online functionality, the 360 is just the best console to come out, ever.

If you don't count the seemingly high rate of defects anyway....

Mr. Christopher
08-21-2006, 08:02 AM
If Madden is the only thing that you are going to play, I would not think it's worth paying $399 for a 360 plus the $60 it will take for you to get Madden. I'm sure that there will still be people playing online with the regular XBOX.

HOWEVER, Microsoft has discontinued to issue the original XBOX, they are now out of production. If you have a high definition television, and plan to play Halo 3 or other games, it might be worth it to get a 360 now.

As a manager of an EB Games, I know that we have a special right now that if you trade in your old XBOX, you get $80 credit toward a 360 with the purchase of Madden. PLUS, if you have NCAA 07 and didn't like it, they are giving $30 credit on a trade in for that as well toward Madden. Now may be the time for you to get a 360 if you are thinking seriously of doing it.

Mr. Christopher
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
PS3 comes out roughly around November 20th. It is going to be about $600 without the homeowner's insurance policy for when it burns your house down.

I'm not against Sony at all. I have a PS2 and I love it. But if you're shelling out $600 plus between $70 and $100 a game, it makes me think that I would get a better value out of the 360. The difference between Blue Ray technology and HD technology is only different in terms of how much can be stored on the discs (Blue Ray can store vastly more information than regular CD or DVD formatted discs). HOWEVER, Sony has yet to fully utilize Blue Ray, so you'll be spending more money on something that doesn't even tap into its potential technology.

Me? I'm holding out for the Wii. Corny name, I know, but the system is only going to be $200, and the controls are going to be awesome. I think it will be the system to put Nintendo back into the forefront of console gaming.

Mr. Christopher
08-21-2006, 08:15 AM
will there still be online players for regular Xbox madden 07. . .
I can see that this is actually the heart of your question, rather than which system is better.

Will there be online players for Madden 07 on the regular XBOX, yes, but the number will be declining rapidly. With my experience in the sales side of the industry, I've seen people go broke trading in their old XBOXes and getting 360s. We've had a TON of reservations on Madden for the 360, but fewer for the XBOX. Since Microsoft has stopped producing XBOX, and the number of games for XBOX is declining rapidly, I really feel that you might be better of getting a 360 now, because you're going to find yourself in a situation where you will want to get it eventually anyway.

The other thought is if you have a PC, do it that way. Microsoft is working to integrate online play between PC gamers and 360 gamers, but I'm not SURE if it's going to be available for Madden 07.

HC_Chief
08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
I've owned every major console since the NES, so I think I have some perspective here beyond the typical fanboys. I'm purely platform agnostic, if anything I consider myself a PC gamer first.
With that in mind...
I have a 360 hooked up to a 52" DLP (HD), and if you ask me it's absolutely awesome.

Graphically the console is just far superior to all other consoles up to this point. I still get blown away by the clarity of it. If you have an HDTV then you definately want this.

If you don't, I'd still prefer it though. The ability to start/stop/reset the console from the controller still tickles me. It makes me wonder why it took so long for consoles to do that? Also the Live functionality is great, my 360 HDD is full of downloaded demos and arcade games. There have been plenty of times I came home and a bit bored and looking for something to do, so I just fire up Live and go to "new downloads" to check out what's going on. Usually there is something new on there to pique my interest.

Frankly, with the combination of the graphical updates, convenience and online functionality, the 360 is just the best console to come out, ever.

If you don't count the seemingly high rate of defects anyway....

Yep.

I love my 360. The games look and sound fantastic! The ability to stop games, power-on and shut down the console from the remote is a nice touch. My only complaint = heat dissipation. If you plan on keeping your 360 in a cabinet, like I do, be sure to add a fan!! I had to knock out a section on the back of my stereo cabinet rack (glass front) and add a room fan to push the heat out. The 360 is VERY particular in regards to heat. Prior to adding the fan, I got constant "disc unreadable" errors in the middle of a game, which really sucked! Now I have a loud freaking fan humming constantly, but I can block it out (used to PC gaming where fan noise is the norm).

htismaqe
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM

Wait for something that as of yet is unrealized?