PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Seahawks...

Joe Seahawk
12-16-2000, 10:58 AM
Nasty weather today!

Seahawks in an upset....Joe

Forecast as of 4:15 am PST on December 16, 2000
Today
Becoming very windy...with rain. Near the Everett area...rain mixed with snow early this morning. Highs near 45. Southeast wind 25 to 35 mph. <BR>

Rick Stephens
12-16-2000, 11:07 AM
Would love to see the Seahawks pull the upset and knock a few players from the Raiders out of the game.

morphius
12-16-2000, 11:19 AM
Joe - I will be rooting for your team as well as anyone.

Morphius
preparing to wash out my mouth again.

Rick Stephens
12-16-2000, 06:20 PM
Congraulations to the Seahawks !

KCWolfman
12-16-2000, 06:21 PM
Alright Chickens. Good Call Joe.

Here's to denver tying the raiders... next week.

stevieray
12-16-2000, 06:22 PM
Seahawks played with HEART, besides the refs and Feagles trying to give the game to the Raiders. Congrats, Joe!

Bwana
12-16-2000, 06:22 PM
Joe Congratulations! It's always nice to see the "Chucky Doll" with a sour look on its face http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Otter
12-16-2000, 06:28 PM
Did I ever mention how much I like the Seahawks?

ROYC75
12-16-2000, 06:30 PM
How many Raider Fans will be root'n for a Chiefs win now ? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

ROYC75
12-16-2000, 06:35 PM
SORRY...DBLE POST! :D

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 12-16-2000).]

BigOlChiefsfan
12-16-2000, 06:48 PM
I'm still not so sure about that fumble/safety call...having the refs give a game away sux, even when it wounds the raiders. If that call had been against the CHIEFS I'd have thrown a brick thru the TV.

Kudo's to your team, Joe. They played a good game...but I have to say that I thought we had a lock on all the crappy kickers in the AFC West, looks like one or two slipped thru our net.

JQ and Ugly Duck, welcome aboard the CHIEFS bandwagon, don't pay any attention to the low tires, they smooth out this years bumpy ride. We saved a section in back for y'all temporary riders. Go ahead and root for a KC win over Denver, there's mouthwash back there in the temp seats...what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
GO CHIEFS!!!

G_Man
12-16-2000, 06:52 PM
That safety was the correct call. I was p*ssed because they were calling it down at the one and I was screaming safety. Then they reversed it. :D

The poor call was the unneccessary roughness against the Seattle DB (right before the INT). I hate the calls that discriminate against aggressivness, and that was way too close to call.

G_Man
12-16-2000, 06:53 PM
And besides, it was against Rison. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Logical
12-16-2000, 06:54 PM
Congratulations Joe

Great victory for those Seahawks. Always glad when the Raiders lose. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

redhed
12-16-2000, 07:56 PM
HOORAY!! HOORAY!! PROPS TO 'DA SEAHWAKS!!!
I love it when the chokeland faidahs LOSE!!
YEAH BABY!!
Nice game by yer boys, and a nice call Joe Cool. :cool:

rh :mad:<BR>

Joe Seahawk
12-16-2000, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys,

Nasty weather was an understatement!

My seats stay dry in normal rain, yet today I had sideways rain in my face... :)

I am so glad the guys stayed tough even after the stupid mistakes...Also I hope Wheatley is not hurt too bad, I just got home so I have not heard the severity of his injury.. Division is up for grabs now..

You're welcome Denver.....Joe<BR>

DaWolf
12-16-2000, 09:07 PM
I have no sympathy if the Raiders cry about the ref regarding this game. The refs have already admitted they cost us 3 games.

I was really getting worried there that the Raiders were going to get lucky again. They already won 2 games because of blocked kicks, and if they were going to come back in this one because of a muffed, EP, I was going to be pissed. Then homeboy kicked it out of bounds, deja vu. Then that bad call on the personal foul, but lickily Gannon sealed it with the INT. Good job Seahawks!

Joe Seahawk
12-16-2000, 09:10 PM
By rule it is a safety...no question about it!

The officials said postgame:

"The defensive player (Pope) recovered the ball on the 1-yard line, virtually took it into the end zone and then stayed in the end zone," referee Bernie Kukar said. "In effect, what this amounts to is a player carrying the ball into his own end zone.

"We were looking to see if he was touched down by contact, which he was not, and he made no attempt to get out of his own end zone. Therefore, it is a safety."

The Seahawks saw it as a safety, too.

"The rule says that on a fumble momentum can't carry you into the end zone," Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said. "Don't ask me why it's different for an interception versus a fumble, but that's just the rule."

DanT
12-16-2000, 09:19 PM
Like G_Man, I also thought that the play should have been called a safety. I was a little surprised that the announcers didn't say so right away and then started wondering if there had been a rule change or something. I was glad to see the refs then call it a safety--just like they should have.

Just for laughs, I just went over to the RaiderNation board to lurk. It's funny reading the Raider fans ***** about what is undoubtedly a correct call--some of them seem to think the NFL is going to apologize for it--what a bunch of maroons!

DaWolf
12-16-2000, 09:24 PM
Dan,
These are Raider fans. The same criminals, ERR, people who blamed the 90's on a leaguewide conspiracy against them...

DanT
12-16-2000, 09:29 PM
...with Ugly_Duck being the notable exception. His gracious and well-informed presence is always welcome on this board!

Ugly Duck
12-16-2000, 09:41 PM
Not so gracious today, my man. Joe & Co let me down bigtime this season. I actually stooped to the level of rooting for his Seahawks to beat Denver, and I dirtied myself in vain. Now this....

This game didn't turn on a bad call. None of the myriad weird plays were the turning point. The freaky kicker, the deflected interceptions, the driving rain. Seattle just played with more intensity - they took the game. I still say Oakland is a better team, but not when they don't match the emotion of their opponents.

Now I'll sink even lower and get even dirtier - GO CHIEFS!!! Oh yeah, I'm a bigtime Chiefs fan! KC Rules!! Grrrrr-bak!

DanT
12-16-2000, 09:49 PM
Hey Ugly Duck,

It was fun watching the defending AFC West champs give you guys a game. I get a kick out of AFC West games. I even like watching the Chargers!

--Dan

Joe Seahawk
12-16-2000, 11:10 PM
Duck, Hang in there man, this loss must have stung, but maybe it's just what the dr. ordered before the playoffs.

We tried like hell to upset Denver twice, and although they were close games, we just didn't get the lucky bounce we needed to overcome our horrible QB play.

and duck, I hate to say it but...How do you like our undrafted rookie free agent kicker that is 11/12 from over 40....OUCH!

Good luck in the playoffs....Joe

Could not handle a sweep by K.C Den,and Oak.

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 12-16-2000).]

Archie F. Swin
12-16-2000, 11:50 PM
SWEET . . . not only did da Raidahs lose today BUT the Chiefs/Donx Game will be on my TV tomorrow!

Its ALL Good!

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

Joe Seahawk
12-17-2000, 03:22 AM
The player that sets the tone for our young players. Ricky really is a great player.

http://a4.g.akamaitech.net/7/4/623/002/nfl.com/media00/photos/seahawks/001216_watters_s.jpg

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 12-17-2000).]

alanm
12-17-2000, 08:20 AM
C'Mon U.D. Time to get down and dirty with us Chief fans today. I've got a feeling that the Chiefs are going to roll today!! I just hope they come out smoking!!!

Mile High Mania
12-17-2000, 10:42 AM
Joe - congrats to your team, the Broncos appreciate it!

Ugly Duck
12-17-2000, 11:36 AM
You got it, AlanM......I am Mr. KC Fan today. C'mon, SlyMo! Grrrr-bac! Lets go, all you red-wearing scumbags! KC! KC! KC!