PDA

View Full Version : Is our offense even our offense anymore. . .

mac58
08-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Im a bit worried about our offense this year. . .

NO ROAF
NO RICHARDSON
NO SAUNDERS
NO RECIEVERS
A BANGED UP O-LINE
NO OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH

alot of our key ingredients are no longer with us. . .our offense was always a great TEAM...a TEAM in which made Derrick Blaylock look like a stud. . .I dont know, Im just not feeling great after these two preseason games. . .I hope Im wrong. . .

MGRS13
08-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Im a bit worried about our offense this year. . .

NO ROAF
NO RICHARDSON
NO SAUNDERS
NO RECIEVERS
A BANGED UP O-LINE
NO OFFENSIVE MINDED COACH

alot of our key ingredients are no longer with us. . .our offense was always a great TEAM...a TEAM in which made Derrick Blaylock look like a stud. . .I dont know, Im just not feeling great after these two preseason games. . .I hope Im wrong. . .
I'm told that this is just silly worrying and nothing is wrong, just because we cant run cant score cant stop the run cant stop the pass, hey its just preseason as if somehow we are going to run a completly different team out onto the field on opening day.

milkman
08-20-2006, 05:44 PM
If it's not our offense, who's offense is it?

tfree32
08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I have to agree...when the running game's not working, there's not much hope for the season. Hopefully they can get guys healthy and build some continuity. If the running game's not working, and defenses can key on the passing game, that's going to be trouble.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Guys, lets face it, this probably wont be the same offense we have all been used to for the past 4 seasons. However, we owe it to the new staff to find a rhythm and figure out what works best for this team. Give it some time, it may take a few games, but eventually they will find something that works. Personally, i think they should go to some shorter pass patterns since Green wont be getting the sort of protection hes been accustomed to with Roaf in there. Besides, what did we ever win with the Saunder offense besides a few accolades?? Im willing to be patient at least half the season.

Demonpenz
08-20-2006, 06:31 PM
oh we've always had no recievers

sedated
08-20-2006, 06:37 PM
NO ROAF
NO RICHARDSON
NO SAUNDERS

people always forget about Welbourn

(and no Priest)

Count Alex's Losses
08-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Jesus Christ.

Here's a reality check, numbnuts.

Through two preseason games this year, our first-team offense has scored one touchdown.

Through two preseason games last year, our first-team offense had scored one touchdown.

leviw
08-20-2006, 06:51 PM
NO RECIEVERS

As this (01-05) offense EVER had receivers?

bobbything
08-20-2006, 07:02 PM
As this (01-05) offense EVER had receivers?
2005 - Kennison had about 1100 yards. Gonzo had close to 1000.
2004 - Kennison had about 1000 yards. Gonzo had 1200.
2003 - We had 4 players with 700+ yards in receptions (Holmes, Gonzo, Kennison, Morton)

2002 and 2001 - not so much.

leviw
08-20-2006, 07:09 PM
2005 - Kennison had about 1100 yards. Gonzo had close to 1000.
2004 - Kennison had about 1000 yards. Gonzo had 1200.
2003 - We had 4 players with 700+ yards in receptions (Holmes, Gonzo, Kennison, Morton)

2002 and 2001 - not so much.

Thank you for proving my point.

We still have Kennison and Gonzo. Thank goodness no more Morton. I'm sure most would say Priest is our only real loss out off that list, and he's a running back.

boogblaster
08-20-2006, 07:13 PM
This offence is not the same but there is still talent...we have to see if the game day coaching is as good ...losing Al is a worry .. he had good game-day management...BOOG OUTT....

Simply Red
08-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Jesus Christ.

Here's a reality check, numbnuts.

Through two preseason games this year, our first-team offense has scored one touchdown.

Through two preseason games last year, our first-team offense had scored one touchdown.

Yeah. What he said... Clearly we can't show our hand yet. Agenda! It is all about what Agenda a team has in preseason. i.e. : Is our team's goal to MAKE A STATEMENT? preseason or not! -or?- Is our main objective to, give the fans their appetizer by letting the starters play a series or two. BUT continuing our main goal. To avoid all risks of injury to any starter?

leviw
08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah. What he said... Clearly we can't show our hand yet. Agenda! It is all about what Agenda a team has in preseason. i.e. : Is our team's goal to MAKE A STATEMENT? preseason or not! -or?- Is our main objective to, give the fans their appetizer by letting the starters play a series or two. BUT continuing our main goal. To avoid all risks of injury to any starter?

If only you would have added a "...play to WIN the GAME!" phrase there, I'd be convinced you were Herm himself.

Great emphasis on "Agenda!".

That was key.

Simply Red
08-20-2006, 07:27 PM
If only you would have added a "...play to WIN the GAME!" phrase there, I'd be convinced you were Herm himself.

Great emphasis on "Agenda!".

That was key.

You and I both know that was a great reply to all of the preseason Riggamorole!

ChiefsCountry
08-20-2006, 08:02 PM
This offense that we run has so many different versions of it. Its not always the high flying circus that us and Chargers and Rams ran with it. It can be a grind it out offense with tight end base play see Redskins of the 80's.

Sam Hall
08-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I think the team we're seeing right now is not the team we will see on opening day. The coaches are running a vanilla game plan because it's the preseason. We will be better on both sides of the ball.

KCChiefsFan88
08-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I said this in another post, but I'm giving Solari the benefit of the doubt (for now).

The Chiefs starting offense (the offense with Trent in there) has had 4 drives this preseason. 1 drive resulted in a TD (the 13-play drive against Houston), 1 drive involved the Chiefs driving with the football on 4 or 5 consecutive passing plays, only to have the drive killed by consecutive penalties, and 2 of the drives were essentially dead drives (3 and out or close to that).

Once you throw in all the pre-snap motion/shifting, the return of Will Shields and Brian Waters and throw out 4th string-caliber Casey Printers the offense should look a lot close to what we are used to versus what we've seen in the preseason thus far (which really hasn't been THAT bad if you look at the four drives where Trent was in there at QB).

I'm not suggesting the offense is going to be at the level it was the past few seasons. NO offense could possibly do that after losing the likes of Priest Holmes, Willie Roaf, T-Rich and Al Saunders in one offseason (and even lesser contributors like Chris Horn and Marc Boerigter).

However there is no reason this offense still can't be top 10 caliber with Trent, LJ, Gonzo, Kennison, Shields, Waters, etc.