PDA

View Full Version : Peter King suggets Dallas seriously considering starting Romo over Bledsoe

KCChiefsFan88
08-20-2006, 07:32 PM
That would be TONY Romo.

Just what Dallas needs, besides the TO circus... a QB controversy

Chief Roundup
08-20-2006, 07:44 PM
Heard that too. I have never been a Bledsoe fan but man that would suck for his ego. New England and now Dallas.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Heard that too. I have never been a Bledsoe fan but man that would suck for his ego. New England and now Dallas.

Bledsoe has always been one of those guys with a big gun, but a two cent head when its clutch time. Jeff George was the exact same way. I wouldnt doubt Parcells is wanting to sit his butt.

ChiefsCountry
08-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I have liked Romo for a while, I wanted the Chiefs to try to get him for QBOTF. Too bad our search doesnt have 2004 in it, I would prove it then.

Basileus777
08-20-2006, 08:03 PM
This is basically just Peter King's "feeling", it seems to have little basis.

Congrats NBC....Peter King & NBC Guys are now on record as to trying to start a QB controversy in Dallas.

I doubt this happens unless Bledsoe gets hurt or plays poorly during the actual season.

milkman
08-20-2006, 08:07 PM
This is basically just Peter King's "feeling", it seems to have little basis.

Congrats NBC....Peter King & NBC Guys are now on record as to trying to start a QB controversy in Dallas.

I doubt this happens unless Bledsoe gets hurt or plays poorly during the actual season.

As I told NZoner in another thread, I've been hearing the same speculation from Mortenson and Clayton all week on ESPN Radio.

So this might have some substance.

Florida_Bronco
08-20-2006, 08:16 PM
What happened to Drew Henson?

Deberg_1990
08-20-2006, 08:19 PM
What happened to Drew Henson?

Hes still there but he sucks. No other way to describe it.

cdcox
08-20-2006, 08:21 PM
That's crazy talk. Romo has never thrown an NFL pass. Bledsoe has some warts, but he is reliable. The NFC east is going to be a dog fight; there is no time for on-the-job training.

Bowser
08-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I suggest Peter King is a Mike Martz loving tool.

tk13
08-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I think they should just scrap the QB for an extra lineman and have TO throw passes to himself.

banyon
08-20-2006, 09:07 PM
If they're going to go for broke, why not Tony Banks?

Amnorix
08-20-2006, 09:37 PM
That's crazy talk. Romo has never thrown an NFL pass. Bledsoe has some warts, but he is reliable. The NFC east is going to be a dog fight; there is no time for on-the-job training.

Yes, you can rely on him for at least one dumb play at crunch time. You can rely on him to think that his arm, which is among the strongest and most accurate in the NFL, can overcome triple team coverage. You can rely on him to lose patience and force the ball 15+ yards down the field when the defense is giving him the short underneath passes.

And you can count on him to hold onto the ball for too long when it counts.

Frankly, you can rely on him to take you to the playoffs, maybe, if you've got alot of talent around him, but you can also rely on him to lose you the game against top-notch defenses. It's that simple.

10 years of watching him was plenty for me to see all I needed to.

dj56dt58
08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, you can rely on him for at least one dumb play at crunch time. You can rely on him to think that his arm, which is among the strongest and most accurate in the NFL, can overcome triple team coverage. You can rely on him to lose patience and force the ball 15+ yards down the field when the defense is giving him the short underneath passes.

And you can count on him to hold onto the ball for too long when it counts.

Frankly, you can rely on him to take you to the playoffs, maybe, if you've got alot of talent around him, but you can also rely on him to lose you the game against top-notch defenses. It's that simple.

10 years of watching him was plenty for me to see all I needed to.
so your saying he's not as good as tom brady?

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Dude is famous for ribs.

StcChief
08-21-2006, 06:29 AM
Bedsoe would have to FU bad.

These guys are trying to create/make a story.

They should just report. And not TRY and become a coach/analyst.

greg63
08-21-2006, 06:42 AM
That would be TONY Romo.

Just what Dallas needs, besides the TO circus... a QB controversy

Why yes; yes it is. :p

jspchief
08-21-2006, 06:43 AM
This is excellent news.

Terrell Owens wasn't happy when he had Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb behind center. Anyone remember the "rather have Favre" comment?

Bledsoe probably didn't have enough mental fortitude to handle Owens' antics, let alone some clown that's never thrown a pass in a real game. One solid game of Romo missing an open Owens or over/under throwing him and the 3rd stop of the Terrell Owens Circus will begin the grand finale.

This could get good much sooner than expected.

Amnorix
08-21-2006, 07:12 AM
so your saying he's not as good as tom brady?

You did a great job of reading between the lines there. :)

Amnorix
08-21-2006, 07:13 AM
This is excellent news.

Terrell Owens wasn't happy when he had Pro Bowler Donovan McNabb behind center. Anyone remember the "rather have Favre" comment?

Bledsoe probably didn't have enough mental fortitude to handle Owens' antics, let alone some clown that's never thrown a pass in a real game. One solid game of Romo missing an open Owens or over/under throwing him and the 3rd stop of the Terrell Owens Circus will begin the grand finale.

This could get good much sooner than expected.

ROFL ROFL

Now that you mention it, I'd love to have Parcells "last" team immolate under him.

Duck Dog
08-21-2006, 07:21 AM
TO keeps slipping down my fantasy list. He now sits at #20 in my top 40. And is just about to slip out of my top 10 WR list.

The Rick
08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Hope this isn't true. I took Bledsoe in my fantasy draft yesterday...