PDA

View Full Version : truman state mascot is...

seclark
08-21-2006, 07:40 AM
my bulldog, boscoe. for the football games anyway. we'll see how it works out.
sec

PastorMikH
08-21-2006, 08:00 AM
That's cool. How's the football team looking up there this year?

Got an old college buddy that is supposed to be helping with some assistant coaching up there (at least he was last I talked to him). Just checked the website and he's the WR coach.

Phobia
08-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Awesome. I'm totally name-dropping now.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 08:01 AM
TSU sucks.

seclark
08-21-2006, 08:10 AM
TSU sucks.
screw you...it took me 3years to flunk out of that place.
sec

Simplex3
08-21-2006, 08:16 AM
sec
ROFL

God I love this place.

PastorMikH
08-21-2006, 08:17 AM
TSU sucks.

Looks like their football isn't too strong, but they do have lots of young players. I noticed in the HC's page they were talking about "Near Upsets". I guess when you have to talk about those instead of Wins you have a ways to go.

Iowanian
08-21-2006, 08:19 AM
"Mascot craps on homecoming queen"
Owner sued for replacement cost of dress and embarrassment.

Coming to a Kirksville paper near you.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Looks like their football isn't too strong, but they do have lots of young players. I noticed in the HC's page they were talking about "Near Upsets". I guess when you have to talk about those instead of Wins you have a ways to go.
I think they may be good at Volleyball or something. I'm just not sure.

Soupnazi
08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
TSU sucks.

I take it that Saul is still bitter about being rejected by Truman State. It sucks having to settle for a K-State education. Don't worry, we'll continue to populate your college with our intellectual table scraps.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
I take it that Saul is still bitter about being rejected by Truman State. It sucks having to settle for a K-State education. Don't worry, we'll continue to populate your college with our intellectual table scraps.
http://www.ksallink.com/Images/sportsschedule/Washburn.jpgashburn Ichabods!

Soupnazi
08-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I think they may be good at Volleyball or something. I'm just not sure.

Had to defend my alma mater a little. As far as sports go, there's not much to be proud of, really. They did have a pretty good run in men's basketball a few years ago, and the rugby team is always nationally ranked but that's about it. Obviously, you ain't going to Kirksville to play big time college sports.

Demonpenz
08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Had to defend my alma mater a little. As far as sports go, there's not much to be proud of, really. They did have a pretty good run in men's basketball a few years ago, and the rugby team is always nationally ranked but that's about it. Obviously, you ain't going to Kirksville to play big time college sports.

or for education....or for the women....

chagrin
08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
my bulldog, boscoe. for the football games anyway. we'll see how it works out.
sec

Heh, "George, there's no time! Tell him your code! Shout out your code,
man!!"

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Western sucks, too. Damn Griffons.

Soupnazi
08-21-2006, 08:54 AM

Cue the two taps of the snare drum and the cymbal crash.

Demonpenz
08-21-2006, 08:56 AM

*breaks out the fight song for western*
Fight on griffons you'll go on to fame
victory missourn western state
Fight on griffons were here to stay!
Our yearly gross at our job will be 26k
Strong As an eagle fast as a lion
no other school was willing to take demonpenz
Fighton griffons victory missouri western state!

Chief Henry
08-21-2006, 09:27 AM
SEC,

Thats way cool. Will they have him decked out in Purple too. Maybe he'll get on KTVO too. Since I picked up a dish several years ago, we don't get to see KTVO anymore.

Maybe the guys on KRXL will want him to bark for there morning radio show during Homecoming week.

PastorMikH
08-21-2006, 09:59 AM

When did you graduate?

And about the only reasons I know of for a person to attend TSU is because they are residents of Kirksville or wanting to get out of Iowa.:)

Actually, we had a kid graduate from here last year that is attending TSU this fall.

kc rush
08-21-2006, 10:09 AM
When I was there (late 80's-early 90's) the football team was decent and could compete with NWMSU. The Hickory Stick game was always entertaining.

The school provided a good education for the money, and I was po' so it was all I could afford.

The locals were interesting. I ended up working in Kirksville for a couple of years after graduating so I got so see more of the quirks than the average college student.

Glad to be back in KC, but I would love to go back for a visit to see how the place has changed over the past 10 years.

Reaper16
08-21-2006, 10:59 AM
When I was there (late 80's-early 90's) the football team was decent and could compete with NWMSU. The Hickory Stick game was always entertaining.

That's because NW sucked ass back then. Coach Tjeerdsma didn't arrive until 1994.

seclark
08-21-2006, 11:52 AM
SEC,

Thats way cool. Will they have him decked out in Purple too. Maybe he'll get on KTVO too. Since I picked up a dish several years ago, we don't get to see KTVO anymore.

Maybe the guys on KRXL will want him to bark for there morning radio show during Homecoming week.
not sure if they'll dress him up or not henry...i'm not sure how he's going to do. he goes nuts when he sees a ball or a frisbee being thrown around. he's eaten dozens of tennis balls and plastic pop bottles. about a year ago, he tried chewing on a tire on my 4wheeler and got his head ran over. broke his jaw and had to have it wired back together. he still tries to bite the tires whenever i ride.
sec

beavis
08-21-2006, 01:05 PM
It's like a disco with books.

Frazod
08-21-2006, 01:08 PM
sec

Friggin slacker. I did it in half a semester. :D

donkhater
08-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I graduated in '94. Last class to graduate from Northeast Missouri State University. Football team was good (made the playoffs at least a couple times) and the basketball team was horrible.

I think it was my sophmore year, Missouri Western was just ranked #1 in Div II basketball and they came to NMSU. The Bulldogs hadn't even won a conference game that year and pulled off the upset. Stormed the court. Still one of the top 3 basketball games I've ever seen.

Went back about 4 years ago and didn't even recognize the campus, they've done so much renovation.

kc rush
08-21-2006, 01:47 PM
I graduated in '94. Last class to graduate from Northeast Missouri State University. Football team was good (made the playoffs at least a couple times) and the basketball team was horrible.

I think it was my sophmore year, Missouri Western was just ranked #1 in Div II basketball and they came to NMSU. The Bulldogs hadn't even won a conference game that year and pulled off the upset. Stormed the court. Still one of the top 3 basketball games I've ever seen.

Went back about 4 years ago and didn't even recognize the campus, they've done so much renovation.

That was when my wife graduated, happy to have NMSU on the diploma rather than TSU.

I'm no basketball fan, so I don't remember that game. I definitely need to check the place out again. I wonder if any of the off-campus slum homes I lived in survived (something must have burned down by now).

seclark
08-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Friggin slacker. I did it in half a semester. :D
that's why you moved on to bigger and better places, and i'm still living in this $hithole whoring out my bulldog to put kraft macaroni and cheese on the table.
sec

Frazod
08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
that's why you moved on to bigger and better places, and i'm still living in this $hithole whoring out my bulldog to put kraft macaroni and cheese on the table.
sec

Damn, you make going in the Navy sound like winning the lottery.

Baby Lee
08-21-2006, 02:35 PM
I graduated in '94. Last class to graduate from Northeast Missouri State University.
Same here.

And what's the deal with the Pastor's and DP's remarks about the quality of education?

Have they abandoned academic standards over the past 8 or so years?

Thought I'd heard where they'd gotten the AVERAGE incoming ACT score to 30 or so late in the 90s.

donkhater
08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Same here.

And what's the deal with the Pastor's and DP's remarks about the quality of education?

Thought I'd heard where they'd gotten the AVERAGE incoming ACT score to 30 or so late in the 90s.
Beats me. When I was attending it was hands down the best state school in Missouri (Mizzou included).

Very high admission standards and was the only liberal arts college in the state university system. The state legisitlature said that if they changed their curriculum (to liberal arts based) and admissions standards (back in the 80's) then they would be entitled additional funds. When NMSU did this, the legistlature balked at a funding increase saying that it was a regional univeristy like any of the others. So they decided to change the name of the school to distinguish them from the other regional universities in the state.

Soupnazi
08-21-2006, 03:03 PM
When did you graduate?

And about the only reasons I know of for a person to attend TSU is because they are residents of Kirksville or wanting to get out of Iowa.:)

Actually, we had a kid graduate from here last year that is attending TSU this fall.

I graduated in 1999. Hard to believe it's been that long already. TSU still has very high admission standards, and last I checked, the average incoming freshman had a GPA of ~ 3.8 and an ACT score of 28.5. So, yeah, it's still highly selective.

Kirksville is hilarious. You'll see stuff there that you won't see anywhere else. Last time I was there, this shithole home I lived in my senior year had burned to the ground since I left. Apparently the neighbors (who had about 13 people living in this house) had a fire with a space heater and it damn near took out the whole block. Word is that the jackasses actually went back in to save the marshmallows and tried to cook out while the house was burning.

seclark
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
friday night's kirksville corona night at the dukum inn...it's a natural light w/a lime.
sec

kc rush
08-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Kirksville is hilarious. You'll see stuff there that you won't see anywhere else. Last time I was there, this shithole home I lived in my senior year had burned to the ground since I left. Apparently the neighbors (who had about 13 people living in this house) had a fire with a space heater and it damn near took out the whole block. Word is that the jackasses actually went back in to save the marshmallows and tried to cook out while the house was burning.

ROFL Why doesn't this surprise me?

Frazod
08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
I graduated in 1999. Hard to believe it's been that long already. TSU still has very high admission standards, and last I checked, the average incoming freshman had a GPA of ~ 3.8 and an ACT score of 28.5. So, yeah, it's still highly selective.

I remember hearing how they were trying to bill the place as "The Harvard of the Midwest." Kind of hard to compare anything to Harvard when you'd be knee deep in cowshit five miles in any direction.

As for Kirksville, yes, it does seem to be a strange and unique little place. DOs, crickers, rednecks and well-to-do college students fighting for elbow room in Pagliai's on a Friday night. :D Boring as hell if you're a teenager. Lots of fires, too. Too Talls apparently burned up under suspicious circumstances AGAIN not too long ago - I heard this somehow ended up in the mayor being run out of town.

seclark
08-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Lots of fires, too. Too Talls apparently burned up under suspicious circumstances AGAIN not too long ago - I heard this somehow ended up in the mayor being run out of town.

it's true...they've rebuilt it once again and it's called too talls two, the towering inferno.
sec

kc rush
08-21-2006, 03:39 PM
friday night's kirksville corona night at the dukum inn...it's a natural light w/a lime.
sec

I forgot about the Dukum.

Since they had the Pepsi plant there when I started in 1988 (its probably still there), it seemed that Coke was always outrageously expensive. There were times you could get a 12 of Natty Lite for less than a 12 of Coke.

kc rush
08-21-2006, 03:41 PM
I heard this somehow ended up in the mayor being run out of town.

I had read that she owned the bar and she fled to Mexico when it burned.

PastorMikH
08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Same here.

Where'd I say anything about the education recieved there? That was more to do with people having to go to Kirksville to attend there. The wife graduated from NMSU in '89. (and yeah, she was a resident.:)

LocoChiefsFan
08-21-2006, 08:10 PM

The school provided a good education for the money, and I was po' so it was all I could afford.

The locals were interesting. I ended up working in Kirksville for a couple of years after graduating so I got so see more of the quirks than the average college student.

Glad to be back in KC, but I would love to go back for a visit to see how the place has changed over the past 10 years.It's still the same. Except we have some more gas stations and used car lots. Oh yeah, we have a Ruby Tuesdays. Big time now!! LOL!!!
They are still adding on. Just finished a new dorm north of Centennial Hall.