PDA

View Full Version : Palmer expected to play against the Pack

cmh6476
08-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Palmer Expecting To Play Against Pack -- Mon Aug 21 9:30 am --

The Bengals quarterback said Sunday afternoon that he is expecting to play Aug. 28 against Green Bay. "I'm preparing to play. I'm practicing to play," Palmer said. "That's been part of the plan (since March). I'll see how I feel later in the week, but right now I'm expecting to play. ... I'll know later on this week." The deciding factors will be more physical than mental. "The thing we keep worrying about is swelling," Palmer said. "That's one of the things we need to worry about. As long as we don't have a bunch of swelling and tenderness, I'll be ready to roll." (Cincinnati Enquirer) (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/SPT02/608210381/1066)

tyton75
08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Is it bad for me to hope he gets hurt?!

Warrior5
08-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Is it bad for me to hope he gets hurt?!

I wouldn't say it's bad, but I personally want Palmer to start against the Chiefs on opening day. The Chiefs need to play the best the Bengals have in game 1 in order to assess where they're really at.

cmh6476
08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't say it's bad, but I personally want Palmer to start against the Chiefs on opening day. The Chiefs need to play the best the Bengals have in game 1 in order to assess where they're really at.
that and if he's worried about the knee still it might be the best-case scenario for the Chiefs.

Sam Hall
08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
I can't help but think he's coming back too early. The Bengals probably don't have much choice though. They will be like a deer in headlights if Anthony Wright starts when they come to Arrowhead.

Simplex3
08-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I wonder if his LT has thought twice about throwing DE's on the ground around Palmer's feet?

StcChief
08-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Needing play against GB in PS game ok....
Needing to win on Week #1, is kinda risky if he isn't completely there.
Risk season is not worth it.

Mr. Laz
08-21-2006, 10:23 AM

:rolleyes:

hell no ....... i want every start Quarterback we play to get a week long injury right before we play them.

forget playing against the best ..... we need wins

we need enough cheap wins early in the season to give us a chance to get better during the year and still have a chance for the playoffs.

ChiefFan31
08-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Im all for Carson starting in Week 2. That will be okay with me.

Kinda funny though...Green Bay. That defense would be as good as any to start against. He uniform will probably be as clean when he comes out as when he came in.

sedated
08-21-2006, 01:28 PM
a win is a win.

we need as many easy ones as possible.

(did I mention the Bungles board calls AWright "Radio"?)

BucEyedPea
08-21-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm no Doc, but if they're worried about swelling and tenderness, doesn't sound like he's ready. Anyhow, last I heard I thought it was CP, himself, that just didn't feel ready...which makes me wonder if he's wary of being hit?