PDA

View Full Version : Madden 360 - DO NOT start a franchise all willy-nilly

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Apparently, EA ****ed up and didn't include an option to keep Hall of Famers from popping up in Franchise mode. As such, without the following "workaround," you'll end up watching Chuck Bednarik and OJ Simpson and Jack Lambert ruin your franchise.

Toss in the reports of fatigue apparently being completely nonexistent, and I'm seriously beginning to regret even renting this from Gamefly, before I've even received it.

I've received a response directly from the Madden team.

Apparently, the people who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature":

"Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players. Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Jim Jones
08-22-2006, 05:08 AM
The 360 version is terrible. Missing a crapload of features.

Guru
08-22-2006, 06:18 AM
Let the underachieving EA bashing begin.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 06:28 AM
PC version FTW!

NJ Chief Fan
08-22-2006, 10:14 AM
this shit is pissin me off, every time i try to edit rosters or try to play a game the whole thing aborts. wtf

Ultra Peanut
08-22-2006, 11:51 AM
this shit is pissin me off, every time i try to edit rosters or try to play a game the whole thing aborts. wtfIt's warez; who knows?

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
No, he's just stupid. Or his computer is a POS. Works fine for me. :D

htismaqe
08-22-2006, 12:10 PM

That's the great thing about playing games on PC...

"Every time I do X it crashes."

"Hmmm, works fine for me. I guess you're ****ed."

Cochise
08-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Sounds like EA is doing great things now in the absence of competition.

Demonpenz
08-22-2006, 12:27 PM
I couple years ago ea got sole rights to making nfl football games. I think this actually hurt video game playing because now there is no competition.

htismaqe
08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
No competition worked for the NFL...

Cochise
08-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I couple years ago ea got sole rights to making nfl football games. I think this actually hurt video game playing because now there is no competition.

I liked the 2k series. It needed work in some areas, but it had some great features.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Someone needs to make a better version of Maximum Football. It came out a few months ago. It's basically Madden without the pretty graphics and NFL logos.

It's also fully customizable, so you can make your OWN NFL logos and import them into the game. People have already done it.

Too bad it sucks. But the market IS there. Screw the NFL license. Make a football game that plays and looks great and let the gamers take care of the rest.

Pants
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
PC version FTW!

You're playing a ported version of Madden 2006 with the 2007 logo. Unless EA changed their Madden PC practices in the recent years.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I think they changed. The Xbox version is almost identical to the PC version this year.

Pants
08-22-2006, 01:55 PM
I think they changed. The Xbox version is almost identical to the PC version this year.

Cool.

Basileus777
08-22-2006, 03:43 PM
The PC version is basically a ported version of the current-gen madden 07 (PS2). It doesn't have any the features from the next gen (360) game.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 03:46 PM
It also has features the next gen game lacks.

htismaqe
08-22-2006, 04:03 PM
It also has features the next gen game lacks.

Like?

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
The ability to edit the roster...or players in the middle of a franchise.

ChiefsLV
08-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Xbox 360 version has some annoyances as well. Interface seems slow and clunky. The draft doesn't have the draft feel it did in past Maddens. The CPU makes offers to free agents that I dont want. Although it gives you the option of declining to sign the player when he accepts, I hope there is a way to turn this off. When the camera pans over the crowd during games, the game gets all jittery and annoying.

Reaper16
08-22-2006, 10:39 PM
It's ok; they'll just release a patch to fix the bugs! [/groan] We're entering the age of unfinished product being sent to stores, with the consumer picking up the slack in the form of downloadable patches after release, or *shudder* microtransactions for content that should have been included at retail.

NJ Chief Fan
08-22-2006, 11:27 PM

what do you think i could do to fix this problem? ive already uninstalled it and reinstalled it and had the same problem

Pants
08-23-2006, 01:34 AM
It's ok; they'll just release a patch to fix the bugs! [/groan] We're entering the age of unfinished product being sent to stores, with the consumer picking up the slack in the form of downloadable patches after release, or *shudder* microtransactions for content that should have been included at retail.

There's a solution to the problem: don't buy the shitty product.

If you were stupid enough to buy it, you deserve it.

Guru
08-23-2006, 01:39 AM
There's a solution to the problem: don't buy the shitty product.

If you were stupid enough to buy it, you deserve it.

Hell, I don't even consider buying a Madden game until I can get it used for about 5 bucks. I could care less if the season is already over. Needless to say, we still play NFL2K5.

DaFace
08-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Hell, I don't even consider buying a Madden game until I can get it used for about 5 bucks. I could care less if the season is already over. Needless to say, we still play NFL2K5.

I'm the same way. I downloaded 07 to try out (since it's free), but I usually just buy the previous year's version after the price has dropped to $10 or so.

htismaqe
08-23-2006, 09:00 AM
Xbox 360 version has some annoyances as well. Interface seems slow and clunky. The draft doesn't have the draft feel it did in past Maddens. The CPU makes offers to free agents that I dont want. Although it gives you the option of declining to sign the player when he accepts, I hope there is a way to turn this off. When the camera pans over the crowd during games, the game gets all jittery and annoying.

Past drafts in Madden have been HORRIBLE.

htismaqe
08-23-2006, 09:01 AM
The ability to edit the roster...or players in the middle of a franchise.

Why would you want to do that? That's cheating.

Sully
08-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I haven't had the HOF problem...I must've set something up that keeps it from happening by accident, unless I need to worry about it after season 1.

As far as free agent offers, you can turn that off.

Haven't gotten to a draft, yet.

I don't like the choppiness, I would think it wouldn't be an issue at this point, but apparently...

I'd prefer the ability to edit players. The numbers for my guys are all screwy (Law wears 48, I signed Runnels, who wears 21).

Robo-Chachi
08-23-2006, 09:24 AM
It's a fun game. I think with the whole next-gen thing though they care more about making everything look pretty, even if it means sacrificing fun, quality gameplay. Anyways, I don't want to see a slow motion, full rendering of my guys walking out of the huddle. I want to see them on the damn line so I can get my defense set.

htismaqe
08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
It's a fun game. I think with the whole next-gen thing though they care more about making everything look pretty, even if it means sacrificing fun, quality gameplay. Anyways, I don't want to see a slow motion, full rendering of my guys walking out of the huddle. I want to see them on the damn line so I can get my defense set.

That's been the case since the day they made the leap from the Sega Master System to the original Playstation. EA has always been about Madden looking better over Madden PLAYING better.

Ultra Peanut
08-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Why would you want to do that? That's cheating.Not really. Simple stuff like being able to change numbers/appearances/names is nice in games like CHoops2k6 that offer it.

Ultra Peanut
08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Past drafts in Madden have been HORRIBLE.Not as horrible as NFL 2k5, though... :sulk:

htismaqe
08-23-2006, 09:38 AM
Not really. Simple stuff like being able to change numbers/appearances/names is nice in games like CHoops2k6 that offer it.

They left that out? It's been in previous versions...

Ultra Peanut
08-23-2006, 09:41 AM
They left that out? It's been in previous versions...I have no clue yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. EA's done an even more half-assed job with their 360 games than I expected.

Not to say I don't prefer the improved gameplay of NCAA 07 to the previous generation's efforts, but damn, it would be nice if there were a little gloss and immersion to give it a real "next-gen" feel.

htismaqe
08-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I have no clue yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. EA's done an even more half-assed job with their 360 games than I expected.

Not to say I don't prefer the improved gameplay of NCAA 07 to the previous generation's efforts, but damn, it would be nice if there were a little gloss and immersion to give it a real "next-gen" feel.

I haven't played NCAA 07 yet because I'm still playing CH2K6.

ChiefsLV
08-23-2006, 08:18 PM

Maybe I'm getting it confused with NFL 2k5, but didn't Madden have you down at the draft with tables and you could hear phones ringing and people talking and stuff? Also, there was a big board if I remember.

Maybe that was 2k5, anyway, that's the "draft feel" I was talking about. The draft kinda sucks in this Madden.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Why would you want to do that? That's cheating.

No it's not. For instance, if I draft someone that wears 58, I'll want to change the number.

I also globally boost the speed of every offensive lineman in the game. Makes it more realistic.

There are a handful of other things I like to do, too. Like switching a player's position. I don't see that as a cheating. NFL teams do it in real life.

It's not like I'm going in and boosting everyone's speed or strength.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2006, 10:03 PM

I can't speak for the console versions, but the draft in the PC version last year was outstanding. The only problem was maybe there were a few too many highly rated players every year.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Maybe I'm getting it confused with NFL 2k5, but didn't Madden have you down at the draft with tables and you could hear phones ringing and people talking and stuff? Also, there was a big board if I remember.

Maybe that was 2k5, anyway, that's the "draft feel" I was talking about. The draft kinda sucks in this Madden.

Madden has never had any of that. It's always just been lists of players and teams. They added scouting the last couple of years.

Personally, I could care less about all that window dressing. I don't even bother scouting anymore. I liked the way they did the old draft in Madden where they just showed you the player ratings, so I used a third-party editor to look at the generated rookies every year before the draft.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Why would you want to see the ratings? Where's the suspense?

I don't really like the way most games in the past have had "scouting," though. There are ten players you know anything about, and the rest is a crap shoot.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2006, 01:18 AM
There's plenty of suspense waiting to see them play on the field.

I should probably go back to just doing the scouting though. Might make my drafts a little less...rich. :D

listopencil
08-24-2006, 02:29 AM
There's plenty of suspense waiting to see them play on the field.

I should probably go back to just doing the scouting though. Might make my drafts a little less...rich. :D

Made you look!

It is amazing how much you are willing to chat bob, when no one points out your crappiness in bets...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...5&postcount=66

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...2&postcount=15

Well?
Or shall you suddenly fly away from this thread too?
I'll post this on every thread you appear till you man up bub!

Moooo
08-24-2006, 03:25 AM
I would like the HOF bit. I like oversaturating the field with excess talent on a Fantasy Draft. First stop, Marino! This would be super cool if they had a whole bunch of older guys like Jim Brown, Otto Graham, Bronko Nagurski, and Night train.

As far as editing rosters, my friend does that, and although it doesn't bother me, I just keep it the way it is. Every now and then I'll edit some injury ratings to make them better (cause Fred Taylor is worthless, and as previously mentioned, I like to oversaturate the market).

Sounds like I need a 360, too bad I'd only play it about 6 times a year.

Moooo

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 08:52 AM

It wasn't Madden. Madden had a drop-down menu and a ticker and that's about it...

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 08:53 AM
No it's not. For instance, if I draft someone that wears 58, I'll want to change the number.

I also globally boost the speed of every offensive lineman in the game. Makes it more realistic.

There are a handful of other things I like to do, too. Like switching a player's position. I don't see that as a cheating. NFL teams do it in real life.

It's not like I'm going in and boosting everyone's speed or strength.

If that's not in this year's 360 game, then it's something they REMOVED.

The console version of Madden has ALWAYS had the ability to change numbers and positions...

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Madden has never had any of that. It's always just been lists of players and teams. They added scouting the last couple of years.

Personally, I could care less about all that window dressing. I don't even bother scouting anymore. I liked the way they did the old draft in Madden where they just showed you the player ratings, so I used a third-party editor to look at the generated rookies every year before the draft.

THAT'S CHEATING!!!

Being able to see the ratings prior to the draft? ROFL

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Why would you want to see the ratings? Where's the suspense?

I don't really like the way most games in the past have had "scouting," though. There are ten players you know anything about, and the rest is a crap shoot.

Exactly.

It's one of the reasons I'm still playing CH2K6. I landed a 4* 6'5" SF recruit which my scouts told me had A+ leaping, A- rebounding, and B+ shooting.

He failed to grow after his HS senior year, and his leaping and rebounding were both only in the high 70's. But his outside shooting and 3-point were both above 85. So I've moved him permanently to SG.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2006, 09:05 AM
The CHoops series is grand.

Count Alex's Losses
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
THAT'S CHEATING!!!

Was it cheating all the years they had it that way by default?

Lzen
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
My biggest complaints about last year's Madden (06) PC version were:

-Kick meter is too damn hard. It's too erratic.
-Speaking of draft, never any good FBs in the draft and hardly any good ones in FA, either
-Salary cap goes up way too much each year in the first 10 or so seasons.

GC,
I didn't think there were too many good players drafted. Hell, very few of them are rated 80 or more. Most of the picks(even 1st rounders) are rated in the 70s and less.
And I can't see boosting linemen's speed. Hello? They're lineman. They're not supposed to be fast.

Lzen
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
THAT'S CHEATING!!!

Normally, I would agree. However, there are good reasons to use that. For instance, I've been playing a league with some guys at work since last fall. One of the guys decided we needed to use that utility to see the players' ratings. I didn't like that idea at first, but soon changed my view. It seems that in every draft there are some QBs that when you look at their scouting report, it will show their pass accuracy (the most important stat for a QB, IMO) as being terrible. But then you'll look at their actual ACC number and it could be 85, 90, or more in some cases. Just a glitch in the draft system, I guess.

Count Alex's Losses
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
GC,
I didn't think there were too many good players drafted. Hell, very few of them are rated 80 or more. Most of the picks(even 1st rounders) are rated in the 70s and less.

There were tons of drafted players in the 80s every year.

And I can't see boosting linemen's speed. Hello? They're lineman. They're not supposed to be fast.

Yeah, but EA still has them too slow. You can't run sweeps for shit at EA's speeds.

Short Leash Hootie
08-25-2006, 09:53 AM
madden owns any football game. So STFU. ESPN football sucked ass, I don't understand why it had ANY sort of a fan base. I am disappointed that QB Vision isn't a MUST this year...last year it was cool as hell playing online with QB Vision. I still use it, but a lot of people I play with don't use it at all. Pretty lame. QB Vision is the coolest thing to hit a football game for a long time.

htismaqe
08-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Was it cheating all the years they had it that way by default?

I've never played the PC version, but I don't remember it being the default in any console version...

Count Alex's Losses
08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
The only added scouting in the last couple of editions. Before that, it was all player ratings.