PDA

View Full Version : Smilies, and uploading them

chagrin
08-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Greetings,

I want to upload some smilies that were emailed to me on to another board. I have these things saved to my computer but the cut and paste doesn't work.

Could someone please instruct me how to do this?

ZepSinger
08-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Greetings,

I want to upload some smilies that were emailed to me on to another board. I have these things saved to my computer but the cut and paste doesn't work.

Could someone please instruct me how to do this?

I used to do that with smileys that weren't on CP. I just uploaded the smileys to my own website, then when clicking the 'Insert Image' icon, I typed the full URL path to the image (example: http://www.mywebsite/images/zepsingersmiley.gif). Voila! Any smiley I wanted.

Short of that, I suppose you'd have to request that a CP admin add your smileys to the big CP list.

Z

chagrin
08-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Well, that's not what I meant, let's say I have several smilies on my computer, in their own folder called smilies. I am a mod on a new board elsewhere on the net and I want to take what I have on my computer and upload them to the site. I am not the site admin, so I don't have all the liberties he does, but I have icons to add to our growing lexicon.

Could I use image shack or something?

ZepSinger
08-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Well, that's not what I meant, let's say I have several smilies on my computer, in their own folder called smilies. I am a mod on a new board elsewhere on the net and I want to take what I have on my computer and upload them to the site. I am not the site admin, so I don't have all the liberties he does, but I have icons to add to our growing lexicon.

Could I use image shack or something?

Sorry, I misunderstood. :( Don't have an answer for you on your actual goal...

Z

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Only site admins can upload smilies. Smilie manager is built in to the software...

chagrin
08-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Only site admins can upload smilies. Smilie manager is built in to the software...

Dude, are you referring to Chiefs Planet? I am asking because I didn't know if I was clear, is it like that on all boards, should I just email him what I have and have him upload them?

htismaqe
08-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Dude, are you referring to Chiefs Planet? I am asking because I didn't know if I was clear, is it like that on all boards, should I just email him what I have and have him upload them?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

That's the way it is HERE at Chiefsplanet. We run vBulletin, so if he's running vBulletin, his site would be the same. Hope that clears it up.

chagrin
08-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Ahh, thanks

DMAC
08-24-2006, 08:34 AM
should I just email him what I have and have him upload them?yes.