PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green, not a mobile QB, huh?

Frankie
08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Did you see him against the Rams?

Mr. Laz
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
rather open ended thread there frank.

Bowser
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah, he sucks. Too bad Grbac had to leave.

KcMizzou
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Did you see him against the Rams?Yes... and he looked sufficiently mobile.

Glad I could help.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
He has quick feet in the pocket.

Yes, he is mobile when he has to be.

Frankie
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
It's just that I'm piss sick of hearing the commentators refer to him as not a mobile QB. How many times has he run a broken play into a first down or thrown an upfield block or slipped a pass rush? How many more times should he do it to finally get that label off him.

Demonpenz
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
he's wiley and cute... wait.. just wiley

KcMizzou
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
It's just that I'm piss sick of hearing the commentators refer to him as not a mobile QB. How many times has he run a broken play into a first down or thrown an upfield block or slipped a pass rush? How many more times should he do it to finally get that label off him.He does have a knack for avoiding pressure. It seems like he'll take a couple steps one direction or another and avoid a rush just enough to buy enough time.

I actually don't think he's very mobile. I think it's more of a mental thing. He's just very good at sensing where the pressure is coming from. He's got that clock in his head that less experienced QB's seem to miss so badly. More often than not, he' knows when time's running out, and gets rid of the ball. Even when he can't see the rush coming.

Not always... but more often than not.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Look at Trent blow past those defenders!

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/236/green8ydscramble0olut9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Bowser
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/236/green8ydscramble0olut9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

"Wheels" Green!

Hootie
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM

I hope we don't have to see too much of that this year.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
...those defenders go low. uhh..:shake:

hypersensitiveZO6
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Green has a pocket presence like no QB in the NFL.

His ability to move in the pocket (step up, drop back, etc) is what makes him a good QB.

No, he isn't a mobile QB...but there's nothing wrong with that.

Mobile QBs get injured.

Logical
08-27-2006, 09:42 PM

His ability to move in the pocket (step up, drop back, etc) is what makes him a good QB.

Mobile QBs get injured.:thumb:

vailpass
08-28-2006, 11:33 AM

Mobile QBs get injured.

If by "pocket presence" you mean "the luxury to stand unmolested and go through your progressions in the shelter of the Great Wall of Roaf" then I agree with you.
Let's see if that changes any this year.

jidar
08-28-2006, 11:50 AM
If by "pocket presence" you mean "the luxury to stand unmolested and go through your progressions in the shelter of the Great Wall of Roaf" then I agree with you.

That's horseshit. Yes Green has had a great line, the whole offense has, but he deserves some credit too.
Being able to avoid the rush, then step in and deliver a throw under pressure, or scramble just enough to keep a play alive then throw a fast completion. That's all pocket pressence, and Trent Green is absolutely amongst the top QBs of the league in that category.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
That's horseshit. Yes Green has had a great line, the whole offense has, but he deserves some credit too.
Being able to avoid the rush, then step in and deliver a throw under pressure, or scramble just enough to keep a play alive then throw a fast completion. That's all pocket pressence, and Trent Green is absolutely amongst the top QBs of the league in that category.

If we could get Plummer to teach Green to switch hands when the pressure is too much and throw one of those left handed beauties to the other team...

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM

ROFL

Gotta love the hope in Donk fans voices...

vailpass
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM

Trent has done a fine job with KC. You don't post those kind of offensive numbers without a good QB.
I'm curious to see if he can maintain his solid performance in the abscence of a HOFer, with Turley, Black, etc. between him and the D.
Not sure why you see this as an insult to Trent.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
ROFL

Gotta love the hope in Donk fans voices...

I hate that new smilie. It's a little, uh, excessive.

Hammock Parties
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Green is 17 for 24 with 0 INTs this preseason.

If only we had Roaf.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 12:18 PM

If only we had Roaf.

Preseason is not the real thing.

Didn't you read this in your "Basic Football for Virgin Geeks Trying Too Hard to Fit In" manual?

Is it your contention, oh veteran football stud, that losing Roaf will have zero impact on the offensive line?

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Preseason is not the real thing.

Didn't you read this in your "Basic Football for Virgin Geeks Trying Too Hard to Fit In" manual?

Is it your contention, oh veteran football stud, that losing Roaf will have zero impact on the offensive line?

Um, when was your contention that losing Roaf would impact the offensive line? I thought it was going to impact Trent "Venus de Milo" Green?

vailpass
08-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Um, when was your contention that losing Roaf would impact the offensive line? I thought it was going to impact Trent "Venus de Milo" Green?
LMAO

My contention was, and is, simply this: I am curious to see what impact if any the changes in the KC line have on Trent's performance.

Why does it seem you find this offensive? Do you not wonder the same thing?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Please don't quote vailass. I'm trying to pretend he doesn't exist.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
LMAO

My contention was, and is, simply this: I am curious to see what impact if any the changes in the KC line have on Trent's performance.

Why does it seem you find this offensive? Do you not wonder the same thing?

I don't find the concept of CONTEMPLATING THE EFFECT to be offensive at all.

Of course, you're assuming that the overall effect will be negative. I don't find that offensive, I find it funny.

Logical
08-28-2006, 02:01 PM

If only we had Roaf.These stats are as meaningless as the won-loss record.

Spicy McHaggis
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I think it's more of a mental thing. He's just very good at sensing where the pressure is coming from.

Is... is Trent Green Spiderman?

Hammock Parties
08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
These stats are as meaningless as the won-loss record.

Why?

Green is supposed to fold under pressure. He's been under pressure this year, and he's thrown the ball under pressure. Where are the interceptions?

Other quarterbacks are playing like shit this preseason. They're bitching about Plummer again over at the Mane.