PDA

View Full Version : how concerned are you about the WRs

Wile_E_Coyote
08-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Parker isn't actually know as the iron man. After Dante, it's throw a dart at the rest the roster & hope for the best

jspchief
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
I think we have a solid top 3, but I have to admit concern after that. Like you mentioned, an injury could really put us in trouble.

I'm holding out hope that the team will make a move on a guy.

jidar
08-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Not terribly. There are other areas that have more suspect backups imo.

Kyle401
08-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Kris Wilson will step in and play at WR. Injuries are of no great concern.

keg in kc
08-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Less concerned that I have been as long as I've followed the team. I think this may be the best group as a whole we've had in camp since I moved here in '99. And his couple of Saturday night rookie flubs aside, I think Webb's going to be a good #4.

No, we don't have a Moss or a Holt or a Chad Johnson, but I believe we'll be as or more effective than we've been since the offense was built here.

Demonpenz
08-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Kris Wilson will step in and play at WR. Injuries are of no great concern.

I agree he has shown the ability to play WR and TE well and maybe he could kick if tynes goes down. Hell i heard he might start calling his own plays.

Woodrow Call
08-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I am not all that concerned. This offense has thrived with average WRs for awhile now.

Kennison has turned into one of the most underrated WRs in the league, Parker is a budding star, and Hall can make things happen occasionally.

As far as the 4th and possibly 5th WRs I still like Webb alot despite the mistake he made on the throw from Croyle near the sideline. That was a rookie making a rookie mistake and he will learn from it. He has a chance to be the a good one IMO. Hannon or Thorpe have decent potential as well.

I also think the Chiefs will use Wilson some at WR and maybe he will finally show up.

Robo-Chachi
08-28-2006, 10:54 AM
I hope Parker pans out, but I think "budding star" is awfully optimistic.

Woodrow Call
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I hope Parker pans out, but I think "budding star" is awfully optimistic.

Your right I probably overstated on the budding star comment. Regardless I think he will be the Chiefs leading reciever and put up some pretty good numbers this year.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
concerns in Dantes ability to KR/PR play the 3 for a full season. and like everyone else the crapshoot at the 4-5.

i like what ive seen outta parker ,plays like a bulldog.

so far.

ncognito
08-28-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm not overly concerned with WR. Eddie and Samie are certainly a serviceable starting tandem. Dante has that big-play gimmick potential. Webb has shown enough to me that he will earn the #4, just has a lot more to learn. If they keep 5, Hannon edges out McIntyre. Thorpe is gone.

jidar
08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
Kennison still looks great. In fact, if you ask me he's underrated even by Chiefs fans, including those on this forum.

Parker is getting better all the time.
Dante is.. still Dante.
After that, we've got some prospects with upside, and that's really all you can hope for.

tyton75
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM
I think we are ok barring injury; but I wouldn't mind at all if we were to pick up some castoff and give him a shot at the team.. after Dante; I'm not sure we have anyone with NFL potential.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 11:47 AM
i think we should be more worried about whether Larry Johnson can survive a 500 carry NFL season or not.

chagrin
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I am more concerned this year than last year, and that comment made up there about the dartboard, is exactly how I feel about Carl's drafting of WR's. I know I know, alot of you don't agree, but we need help there.Eddie gets double teamed, TG is blocking and LJ is also either blocking or covered, WTF are they throwing to?

Butter Hands Parker has to really show up this year.

chagrin
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM
i think we should be more worried about whether Larry Johnson can survive a 500 carry NFL season or not.

Excellent point, heh

jspchief
08-28-2006, 11:53 AM
i think we should be more worried about whether Larry Johnson can survive a 500 carry NFL season or not.Although I don't think there's any way he gets 500, I would certainly agree with the general premise of your post.

I hope Bennett offers enough to keep LJ from getting 30 carries per game

Tatertot13
08-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Just read this article about Branch. Didn't realize we were so far under the cap. Not sure he's really worth that kind of money though.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/08/28/mmqb.camps/4.html

So if you're a team in need of a wide receiver, would you pay Branch more than $7 million a year -- and would you surrender your first- or high-second-round pick in next year's draft -- at a time when Branch would be way behind the eight ball in learning your offense in time to be an impact player in 2006? I think it's unlikely, though I do think that because so many teams are cap-rich right now, some team just might. Here are the teams, with cap money available as of the close of NFL business on Friday, that would think of making a play for Branch:

Kansas City ($12 million under): Herman Edwards saw him twice a year for the last four years, and his starters now are the aging Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker. That's a lot of money to be burning a hole in Carl Peterson's pocket.

Lzen
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
chagrin,
I think you are way too hard on Parker. He will be a good receiver. Mark my words.

As for the SI article. Where in the heck did they get the idea that KC is $12 mil under that cap? That doesn't sound right to me. I think their numbers are wrong.