PDA

View Full Version : Tamba and the Falcon?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
As Tamba Hali prepared for Saturday night’s preseason contest against the St. Louis Rams, he was practicing with a well-kept secret. All of his work in zone drops, all of his work from the two-point stance and all of his work at outside linebacker meant that he’d soon be commissioned by his defensive coordinator to pick up a long abandoned position: the Falcon.

This is from WPI, but it's an insider article, so I can't post the whole thing... and I swear, it's NOT an Athan article. Interesting possibility... discuss.

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
This is from WPI, but it's an insider article, so I can't post the whole thing... and I swear, it's NOT an Athan article. Interesting possibility... discuss.

I am for what ever is the best use of talent to get the best overall results for the team.....

jspchief
08-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I mentioned that it reminded me of the Falcon in this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146323&page=4&pp=15&

WPI is sniping our stuff.

ChiefsfaninPA
08-28-2006, 11:02 AM
The Falcon is basically a takeoff of the Dove or the Sparrow. All three require great discipline and a great athlete. This should be intersting to see his development in these positions.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
WPI isn't sniping anything from the planet. That was written and edited well before that thread started talking about the Falcon. Furthermore, it contains tidbits from training camp talking about the Falcon.

Become a premium member for full details! :)

PastorMikH
I mentioned that it reminded me of the Falcon in this thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146323&page=4&pp=15&

WPI is sniping our stuff.

I agree. I mentioned in 2x in the game thread. Here's the first (in about the first part to the middle of the second quarter).

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3379483&postcount=194

Offering insider info from stuff taken from another BB is tacky.

Count Zarth
It's also amazingly arrogant to think that someone else didn't notice it.

jspchief
08-28-2006, 11:08 AM
It's also amazingly arrogant to think that someone else didn't notice it.I was mostly joking. Your vagina is tender this morning.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
WPI isn't sniping anything from the planet. That was written and edited well before that thread started talking about the Falcon. Furthermore, it contains tidbits from training camp talking about the Falcon.

You are a spamtastic homo groveling for attention at the feet of an uncaring master. The recent glut of whoretaint "articles", propaganda, spam, etc. on CP makes it a less enjoyable place. I sincerely hope this is a datapoint, not a trend.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2006, 11:10 AM
yeah i didnt read any other threads till this morning nor heard anything about it and knew hali was in a quasi falcon position.

the 'falcon' is a crutch imo. was then and is now.

Pitt Gorilla
08-28-2006, 11:10 AM
I think a lot of people recognized it as the falcon. Hopefully, people weren't having flashbacks of Pellom.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:11 AM
You are a spamtastic homo groveling for attention at the feet of an uncaring master. The recent glut of whoretaint "articles", propaganda, spam, etc. on CP makes it a less enjoyable place. I sincerely hope this is a datapoint, not a trend.
Not that I'm trying to defend anyone, but I posted the thread, not GoChiefs.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 11:11 AM
why don't try actually reading CPlanet threads instead of whorepaint ....... you would of read about this right after the game.

traitor

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 11:12 AM
And I'll be honest with you guys...I don't like premium articles, but scout.com forces us to do it.

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Since when did Chiefs info = spam.

Fried Meat Ball!
why don't try actually reading CPlanet threads instead of whorepaint ....... you would of read about this right after the game.

traitor
I can't even remember the last time I was on their chat board. And I was doing better things after the game (ie. getting laid) to read the board. We won, and I just told the wife, "point it up".

PastorMikH

traitor

Or DURING the game.:)

jspchief
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Since when did Chiefs info = spam.Well, he is a Broncos fan...

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:14 AM
And for the record... I read both. I don't normally participate (read or post) in the game threads. Way too broad a spectrum of discussion going on... not to mention chicken littles when something bad happens.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
or DURING the game :p

my bad pastor ... :wayne:

PastorMikH
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM

I think maybe when it's followed up by stuff like this...

Maybe it's just me though.:)

PastorMikH
08-28-2006, 11:18 AM
And for the record... I read both. I don't normally participate (read or post) in the game threads. Way too broad a spectrum of discussion going on... not to mention chicken littles when something bad happens.

Game threads are a great way to run up your post count!!!

Seriously, since I started posting my frustrations in the game threads, I do much less yelling at the TV, which cuts way down on the wife's irritation that results from football on the TV.

TRR
08-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Gun did a little bit of the same thing with Jared Allen last season. He moved him around quite a bit at the end of the season. However, he never used Jared Allen like Hali was used Saturday night. Tamba looked fantastic. He looked like the best D Lineman we've got. I am for anything that maximizes Hali's potential.

Fried Meat Ball!

Seriously, since I started posting my frustrations in the game threads, I do much less yelling at the TV, which cuts way down on the wife's irritation that results from football on the TV.
Well, the big screen HD is downstairs, the computer is upstairs and I'm too cheap to buy a laptop and a wireless router. Am I forgiven?

vailpass

C'mon Zach, did you really think I was saying Chiefs info doesn't belong on a Chief's board?

I highlighted the portion of the quote to which I was referring.

PastorMikH
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Well, the big screen HD is downstairs, the computer is upstairs and I'm too cheap to buy a laptop and a wireless router. Am I forgiven?

ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Not to mention, I am WAAAAAYYYY too lazy to run up and down the stairs just to increase my post count.

PastorMikH
08-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Not to mention, I am WAAAAAYYYY too lazy to run up and down the stairs just to increase my post count.

Who in their right mind has a house with stairs in the first place??? You shoud install an elevator!:D

vailpass
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I think maybe when it's followed up by stuff like this...

Maybe it's just me though.:)

The good Pastor reads for comprehension Zach; a good example for you as you pursue your studies. :p

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Who in their right mind has a house with stairs in the first place??? You shoud install an elevator!:D
Revisit that part in post #23 about me being cheap.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 11:24 AM

This is from WPI, but it's an insider article, so I can't post the whole thing...

Revisit that part in post #23 about me being cheap
but not too lazy or cheap to pay 89.95 for insider stuff.......

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:25 AM
but not too lazy to pay 89.95 for insider stuff.......
Nope... I'm on a "trial" membership.

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 11:31 AM
The good Pastor reads for comprehension Zach; a good example for you as you pursue your studies. :p
I just think you have a hard on for GC more so than anything...going around the board and humping his leg.

If Chiefs news is spam then more power to you. You were talking about an article with Chiefs news.

Phobia
08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Gochiefs posted "Become a premium member" because he knew vailpass would be along shortly to hop on. Gochiefs has vailpass in his net much like Taco John used to toy with some members on this board. It's comedic to watch. Gochiefs benefits $0.00 if you buy a premium membership, fwiw.

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Gochiefs posted "Become a premium member" because he knew vailpass would be along shortly to hop on. Gochiefs has vailpass in his net much like Taco John used to toy with some members on this board. It's comedic to watch. Gochiefs benefits $0.00 if you buy a premium membership, fwiw.
Yup.

http://www.mistaya.com/fishing/main.jpg

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Gochiefs benefits $0.00 if you buy a premium membership, fwiw.

Only because you pay me in Star Wars action figures.

Fried Meat Ball!
Dolls.

Chief Faithful
Gun did a little bit of the same thing with Jared Allen last season. He moved him around quite a bit at the end of the season. However, he never used Jared Allen like Hali was used Saturday night. Tamba looked fantastic. He looked like the best D Lineman we've got. I am for anything that maximizes Hali's potential.

I think you hit on a good point, what made the stunts look so good was the combination of Allen and Hali. Gun moved them both around. I really liked it when Allen lined up on the right and Hali in the two point stance on the left.

Phobia
08-28-2006, 11:50 AM

You're a pathetic moron living in your mother's basement, Bob. You should stop playing with dolls, find a job and a girlfriend, and get your own place. The Chiefs suck foreva.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Your unbiased opinion carries much weight. At what point do you sink so low in life that you associate with, and spend effort trying to legitimize, a basement dwelling loser like Draven?

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
And then those same figures do odd jobs.

http://static.flickr.com/90/223270524_eb4244f9a8.jpg?v=0 http://static.flickr.com/27/48832572_8dc9436f53.jpg?v=0

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
That's right. I use my Harry Potter magics on them to bring them to life.

After work is done, they crawl up my butt.

Ooh! Jesus! Jesus Christ!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2853/mrslavebw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Phobia
08-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Your unbiased opinion carries much weight. At what point do you sink so low in life that you associate with, and spend effort trying to legitimize, a basement dwelling loser like Draven?

I pride myself in being able to look past my own personal biases. Gochiefs may be a loser but what would you label the flea that follows him around pestering him at every turn?

Gochiefs was my 4th round draft pick several years ago. I think we've gotten a good value from him despite a horrible combine, pathetic rookie season, and equally dismal sophomoric effort. He's a star now. Accept that.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I pride myself in being able to look past my own personal biases. Gochiefs may be a loser but what would you label the flea that follows him around pestering him at every turn?

Gochiefs was my 4th round draft pick several years ago. I think we've gotten a good value from him despite a horrible combine, pathetic rookie season, and equally dismal sophomoric effort. He's a star now. Accept that.
But he's lost his second-level burst.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
oh look, all the whorepaints are here to defend each other.

how cute :grouphug:

Phobia
08-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh look, Waaaaaz is posting again. I wonder if there's enough tissue in the county.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 12:09 PM
yawn

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 12:11 PM
yawnHaha

http://www.blackbirdie.com/images/whatever.jpg

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Zach is not affiliated with WPI, I don't believe.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 12:14 PM

Did you lose everything in an ugly divorce settlement? What would make a man so desperate to make his pathetisad "career" go that he would say something as stupid as this?

I used to really enjoy your posts. It's embarassing to see people fall from grace. Reading your posts now is like watching the VH1 special on MC Hammer.

Phobia
08-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Did you lose everything in an ugly divorce settlement? What would make a man so desperate to make his pathetisad "career" go that he would say something as stupid as this?

I used to really enjoy your posts. It's embarassing to see people fall from grace. Reading your posts now is like watching the VH1 special on MC Hammer.

Albeit inaccurate, that's a quality cutdown. I recognize that. In fact I won't even attempt to compete with it at this moment. But wait until skinbra catches wind of this - just you wait.

sedated
08-28-2006, 12:22 PM

you recruited quite a soldier, phobes. but now you've created a monster.

GoChiefs will over-run ChiefsPlanet with this garbage

(and you've forced me to agree with a donks fan, a crime 10x worse than any bodily harm you could bring)

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
you recruited quite a soldier, phobes. but now you've created a monster.

GoChiefs will over-run ChiefsPlanet with this garbage
Garbage like Chiefs news and highlight videos...and pictures?

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM
What has sedated ever contributed?

NewChief
08-28-2006, 12:27 PM

No kidding. People need to find a new whipping boy. Even though he's a WPI staff member, GC still contributes a ton of good stuff to the Planet and the online Chiefs community in general.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm Phobia's Falcon. He lines me up all over the place and lets me make a difference. I'm also from a foreign country, just like Tamba Hali.

Phobia
08-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Garbage like this thread, which he didn't even author? I understand all the disdain for gochiefs, I really do. But gochiefs hasn't been "that kid" for a couple of years now. I think it's time to move on.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Garbage? Phil? You think my thread's garbage? :sulk:

What about my poop thread? It was my first attempt.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 12:35 PM

No shit.

Let's just forget the Chiefs and turn this place into a political BB with the occasional poop thread...

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
... with the occasional poop thread...
I got that covered today.

Phobia
08-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Garbage? Phil? You think my thread's garbage? :sulk:

What about my poop thread? It was my first attempt.

I was paraphrasing for sedated, who has obviously.... been sedated.

I liked your poop thread. It gave me an opportunity to spam American Standard Champion toilets.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I was paraphrasing for sedated, who has obviously.... been sedated.

I liked your poop thread. It gave me an opportunity to spam American Standard Champion toilets.
SPAM makes for good poop threads, I imagine.

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 12:43 PM
But he's lost his second-level burst.OMG. :shake:ROFL

sedated
08-28-2006, 12:44 PM

the videos and gif threads were cool.

attention-whoring just annoys me.

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm Phobia's Falcon. He lines me up all over the place and lets me make a difference. I'm also from a foreign country, just like Tamba Hali.OMG, the Chiefs are his new Star Wars fixes.

Chief Faithful
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
No kidding. People need to find a new whipping boy. Even though he's a WPI staff member, GC still contributes a ton of good stuff to the Planet and the online Chiefs community in general.

Agreed, just this morning I'm watching the Chiefs game from Saturday, which GC had a big hand in setting up.

GC owns Vailpass on this BB.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
the videos and gif threads were cool.

attention-whoring just annoys me.

What attention whoring?

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:51 PM
OMG, the Chiefs are his new Star Wars fixes.

The 3-4 Falcon, not the Millenium Falcon. But don't think I won't use that in an article.

"Like Han Solo's ship, Tamba Hali is Kansas City's Falcon. And he just blew up the Death Star - otherwise known as Denver's offensive line."

sedated
08-28-2006, 12:54 PM

a lack of discretion :shrug:

sorry GC, tomorrow I'll start more threads like the brilliant "which planeteer resembles which star wars character" crap

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't think you're capable of starting quality threads. Best to just lurk.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
GC owns Vailpass on this BB.

Who is Vailpass? I don't see him posting on this thread.

vailpass
08-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Who is Vailpass? I don't see him posting on this thread.

Hey kid, just because a couple of cyber geeks blow a little sunshine your direction doesn't mean you you can start calling people out ; even if you have them on iggy so you don't have to face a response. You just aren't cut out for it. No matter how you try to act on the internet it's well known what you are in real life.

All the intraweb chirping in the world can't cover that up.

Now run along and wipe the Astroglide and dingleberries off your light saber before your mom finds it and realizes you've been playing Back Door Death Star again.

banyon
08-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Hey, he can kick Phobia's ass in darts! :)

Phobia
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey, he can kick Phobia's ass in darts! :)

Beautiful choice of words. I've now received PM's from LAZ and JAZ who also would like to kick my ass in darts.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
I'll kick your ass in farts.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Can someone give a detailed explanation of "The Falcon"?

Thanks in Advance.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 01:21 PM
The article explains it!

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM

Thanks in Advance.
A free defensive player is allowed to roam and pass rush in whatever gap he feels is the weakest link along the line.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey kid, just because a couple of cyber geeks blow a little sunshine your direction doesn't mean you you can start calling people out ; even if you have them on iggy so you don't have to face a response. You just aren't cut out for it. No matter how you try to act on the internet it's well known what you are in real life.

All the intraweb chirping in the world can't cover that up.

Now run along and wipe the Astroglide and dingleberries off your light saber before your mom finds it and realizes you've been playing Back Door Death Star again.

Seriously dude, let it go.

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Seriously dude, let it go.
ROFL

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Notice to everybody:

Let's keep the discussion here on the CHIEFS, not Warpaint Illustrated. I realize that many here feel that they're spamming us, but the reality is this:

Often times, those of us crying foul do more to divert traffic away from us and to them than they accomplish themselves by posting here.

We will always welcome Chiefs-related content with open arms, regardless of where it comes from, that's part of what makes this place great.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
That just shows how stupid you are. Lightsabers have nothing to do with Death Stars.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 01:31 PM
I am in no way affiliated with WPI. For the record.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
That just shows how stupid you are. Lightsabers have nothing to do with Death Stars.
Not exactly true... there have been four used in the Death Star.

Vader is good for one.
Obi-Wan is good for one.
Luke is good for two.

sedated
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Notice to everybody:

Let's keep the discussion here on the STAR WARS, not the Chiefs. I realize that many here feel that they're spamming us, but the reality is this:

Often times, those of us crying foul do more to divert traffic away from us and to them than they accomplish themselves by posting here.

We will always welcome Star Wars-related content with open arms, regardless of where it comes from, that's part of what makes this place great.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
A free defensive player is allowed to roam and pass rush in whatever gap he feels is the weakest link along the line.
That simple, eh? That's pretty cool.

"No...no...no...no...Oh yeah. There's my bitch."

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Thats the cliffs notes version...

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM

"Eeenie...meenie...miney...mo....catch...a tackle...by...his toe....if, he chop blocks, let coach know....eenie...meenie....miney.....RED47SETGO!"

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
"Duck...duck...duck....duck......GOOSE!"

Chiefnj
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM

Thanks in Advance.

Falcon = gimmick defense used in 1997. DT didn't want to play OLB. He liked rushing the passer. Gun designed a defense to utilize DT almost solely in that role.

It was basically a 3-4 defense (Phillips and Barndt on the inside and Dan Williams, Browning and Booker as the DEs) and DT was moved all over the line and was used to create mismatches. He was a floating 4th defensive lineman. It worked pretty well that first year. Then teams started running right at DT and he couldn't handle OT's who outweighed him by 60+ pounds.

All that being said, I don't think Hali has near the athleticism that DT had to be used effectively as a Falcon.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
sedated,

That would be even funnier if there were a shred of truth to it.

I can't believe I'm gonna do this, but...

GoChiefs is a valued member of this board. He's done videos, pics, film breakdowns, and a ton of shit nobody else is doing.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Falcon = gimmick defense used in 1997. DT didn't want to play OLB. He liked rushing the passer. Gun designed a defense to utilize DT almost solely in that role.

you left out the part about trying to hold up DT stats after the loss of smith.
i for one hated it.......HATED HATED HATED...

Chief Faithful
08-28-2006, 03:05 PM
you left out the part about trying to hold up DT stats after the loss of smith.
i for one hated it.......HATED HATED HATED...

I believe the loss of Smith was the major reason the Falcon was not more successful. Just like Saturday what made Hali effective was how they used him in combination with Allen.

I like seeing Goonther dusting off some of his more creative schemes and adding a new little twist. This could be a fun season to watch.

keg in kc
08-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Hali, on the other hand, while he's not likely to post the sack numbers, may hold up against the run better than DT did in the same role.

Chiefnj
08-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I believe the loss of Smith was the major reason the Falcon was not more successful. Just like Saturday what made Hali effective was how they used him in combination with Allen.

I like seeing Goonther dusting off some of his more creative schemes and adding a new little twist. This could be a fun season to watch.

IIRC, the Falcon was very effective in its first year. Although they lost Smith, everyone's favorite scapegoat - Dan Williams had 10+ sacks that year. In 1997 I think the Chiefs had the #1 points against D.

Although Hali may very well fare better against the run than DT did, if that is the case why not just line Hali up at end? The Falcon was created because DT didn't want to defend passes and play the run like an OLB. They wanted QB pressures which he was great at. Hali just simply doesn't have the explosion and athleticism that DT had. They are different players. One guy was a speed rushing LB, the other seems to be built like an all around DE.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 03:30 PM
That's why it's only being used a situational pacakge.

MOhillbilly
08-28-2006, 03:43 PM
That's why it's only being used a situational pacakge.

youre making our point for us.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 03:48 PM

It was basically a 3-4 defense (Phillips and Barndt on the inside and Dan Williams, Browning and Booker as the DEs) and DT was moved all over the line and was used to create mismatches. He was a floating 4th defensive lineman. It worked pretty well that first year. Then teams started running right at DT and he couldn't handle OT's who outweighed him by 60+ pounds.

All that being said, I don't think Hali has near the athleticism that DT had to be used effectively as a Falcon.

I thought Pellom McDaniels was pretty effective as the Falcon...

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 03:59 PM
The 3-4 Falcon, not the Millenium Falcon. But don't think I won't use that in an article.

"Like Han Solo's ship, Tamba Hali is Kansas City's Falcon. And he just blew up the Death Star - otherwise known as Denver's offensive line."Somehow, I know you will.

I don't know why, I just know.

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 04:04 PM

All that being said, I don't think Hali has near the athleticism that DT had to be used effectively as a Falcon.I believe I remember the Vikings employing that offensive strategy effectively against DT on a Sunday night game.

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 04:04 PM
sedated,

That would be even funnier if there were a shred of truth to it.

I can't believe I'm gonna do this, but...

GoChiefs is a valued member of this board. He's done videos, pics, film breakdowns, and a ton of shit nobody else is doing.Be careful, you are gonna give him a woody.

Count Zarth
08-28-2006, 04:06 PM
"He'll do point five past lightspeed."

"He may not look like much, but he's got it where it counts."

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5798/halibwgamejp0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

the Talking Can
08-28-2006, 06:28 PM
He's a star now. Accept that.

that is - without question - the gayest, and dumbest thing ever written on the intertubes....

but it is telling of the bizarre egos of hack sports writers....wierd...

Phobia
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Not only do I remember when you used to be funny, Can but I remember when you used to be able recognize and even play along with TIC statements.

Calcountry
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Not only do I remember when you used to be funny, Can but I remember when you used to be able recognize and even play along with TIC statements.Its Bush's fault, he is the :evil:

Chief Faithful
08-28-2006, 07:21 PM
IIRC, the Falcon was very effective in its first year. Although they lost Smith, everyone's favorite scapegoat - Dan Williams had 10+ sacks that year. In 1997 I think the Chiefs had the #1 points against D.

Although Hali may very well fare better against the run than DT did, if that is the case why not just line Hali up at end? The Falcon was created because DT didn't want to defend passes and play the run like an OLB. They wanted QB pressures which he was great at. Hali just simply doesn't have the explosion and athleticism that DT had. They are different players. One guy was a speed rushing LB, the other seems to be built like an all around DE.

Because it is preseason we have not really seen what they are going to do, but my curiosity has been peaked. What is the chance they are going to mix Pittsburgh style zone blitzing with the standard 43 package?