PDA

View Full Version : FF Help!!! Tomlinson or Alexander??

Shootr
08-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I have the #1 pick tonight in my work FF league. I have had a couple of bad (unlucky) years in a row, and I need to redeem myself. In this league, you get to keep one player from the year before, but you cannot keep the same player two years in a row. The scoring system rewards yardage and TD's about equally.

LJ is not available, but Tomlinson and Alexander are. I cannot make up my mind. Any advice?

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 01:06 PM
I would go Alexander...there are some weeks where LT just flat does not show up.

Shootr
08-28-2006, 01:10 PM
I would go Alexander...there are some weeks where LT just flat does not show up.
Two things scare me about Alexander..

1-He got his fat contract
2-Madden Cover!

chop
08-28-2006, 01:11 PM
The scoring system rewards yardage and TD's about equally.

What does "about equally" mean? Do you get ppr?

KingPriest2
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM

I agree. 60 percent of LTs games he is held below 4 yards a carry. The only thing great about him recieving is he is thrown to alot. His YPC is not great.

He does score touchdowns.

ONe thing about LT is is becoming more injury prone. AFter leading the league in carries the last 5 years the abuse is starting to take its toll on him.

jAZ
08-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I've got #4.

I'm assuing my choices will be Tiki Barber and Steven Jackson. Any thoughts?

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Either player would be a good choice, but everyone thinks L.T. will be featured more this year than in the past and every Defense will game plan to stop him and force Rivers to try and beat them, if Rivers doesn't get the job done his numbers could suffer.

sedated
I've got #4.

Clinton Portis

L.A. Chieffan
Actually i prefer LT the guy is a monster especially combined with his receiving stats. I think Alexander is gonna have a huge target on his back plus his OL isnt as good as last year. but im a little confused, if you have the 1st pick why cant you grab LJ?

chop
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I've got #4.

E. James and C. Portis will be there also. Portis is a little scary at this time.

jAZ
I have the #1 pick ...

LJ is not available, but Tomlinson and Alexander are. I cannot make up my mind. Any advice?
What kind of league is it that LJ is not available with the #1 pick, but LT and SA are?

KingPriest2
Either player would be a good choice, but everyone thinks L.T. will be featured more this year than in the past and every Defense will game plan to stop him and force Rivers to try and beat them, if Rivers doesn't get the job done his numbers could suffer.

Marty said they are going to play Turner more and spell LT.

sedated
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
What kind of league is it that LJ is not available with the #1 pick, but LT and SA are?

he said it was a keeper, but you can only keep a player 1 year.

so LT and Alexander were probably kept the year prior

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
I've got #4.

I have not really been impressed with Jackson he doesn't seem to have the same kind of explosive burst as the elite backs and doesn't really bounce off of tacklers either.

Mr. Laz
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Clinton Portis
i don't know ...... washington just traded for Duckett

makes me a bit nervous about shoulder injury to portis.

even sharing time with duckett will hurt his value quite a bit

Nzoner
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Two things scare me about Alexander..

1-He got his fat contract
2-Madden Cover!

I'd think the loss of his all-pro left guard Hutchinson should be #1 on your concerns list.

farmerchief
08-28-2006, 01:18 PM
I've got #1 in my league,,,Im still waffeling around about taking LJ or not? I'd rather have the #3 pick, then I would be satisfied with LJ, LT, or Alexander. If last years oline was intact, no brainer, but with two guys gone, I'm still thinking. I'm a homer, so I will probably take LJ.

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Marty said they are going to play Turner more and spell LT.
even so L.T. is going to be asked to carry the offense until Rivers gets his feet wet

StcChief
08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
LT would be choice. Strength of schedule (I know some dont weight it right)

Look at who each team plays.

ncognito
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
I'd go Shaun Alexander #1 overall right now. Phillip Rivers + 8 men in the box every play = LdT can be shut down.

Shootr
08-28-2006, 01:23 PM
What does "about equally" mean? Do you get ppr?
6 pts for a TD
2 pts for every 10 yds rushing
2 pts for every 10 pts receiving
1 pt per reception
.1 pt per rush att.

Shootr
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
he said it was a keeper, but you can only keep a player 1 year.

so LT and Alexander were probably kept the year prior
Sedated is correct. You can't keep the same player two years in a row. Last year LT and Alexander were their team's keepers.

Nzoner
08-28-2006, 01:25 PM
6 pts for a TD
2 pts for every 10 yds rushing
2 pts for every 10 pts receiving
1 pt per reception
.1 pt per rush att.

In a ppr league,Tomlinson is your guy

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
I have the #1 pick tonight in my work FF league. I have had a couple of bad (unlucky) years in a row, and I need to redeem myself. In this league, you get to keep one player from the year before, but you cannot keep the same player two years in a row. The scoring system rewards yardage and TD's about equally.

What you really should be thinking about is who you take with your second pick thats the one that will determine your season.

Shootr
08-28-2006, 01:27 PM
What you really should be thinking about is who you take with your second pick thats the one that will determine your season.
I don't pick again until 20 and 21 who knows who will be there at that point.

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't pick again until 20 and 21 who knows who will be there at that point.
that is why it's so important depending on how your league drafts if their is a run on running backs in the first 2 rounds you had better have a couple of good sleepers in mind, players such as Willie Parker for instance may not draw too much interest but could pay off huge.

Nzoner
08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
that is why it's so important depending on how your league drafts if their is a run on running backs in the first 2 rounds you had better have a couple of good sleepers in mind, players such as Willie Parker for instance may not draw too much interest but could pay off huge.

Round 2 is not where most leagues are won or lost unless of course you're thinking about taking a sleeper there.

morphius
08-28-2006, 01:41 PM
must resist urge to make fun of maddawg...

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Round 2 is not where most leagues are won or lost unless of course you're thinking about taking a sleeper there.
I disagree the first round pick is kind of a no brainer specially 1st overall its what you do with your next several picks that determine your season and 2nd round is a good place to pick up a diference maker on the cheap.

RockChalk
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I've got #4.

After watching us shutdown Jackson on Saturday, how could you take him over Barber?

Barber is the best pick you'll get at the #4 if he is indeed still there.

Nzoner
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
I disagree the first round pick is kind of a no brainer specially 1st overall its what you do with your next several picks that determine your season and 2nd round is a good place to pick up a diference maker on the cheap.

So assuming there's a run on rb's you'd take a gamble at rb(on what you think will be a difference maker) over say a Torry Holt or Steve Smith?

Hound333
08-28-2006, 01:53 PM
I've got #4.

This shouldn't even be a question in my book. Tiki Barber. Especially after seeing the rams on saturday. I do hate that tiki loses some TD's to another back but he's still the pick.

Also I would go with Alexander. He's a TD machine in a good offense.

Dark Horse
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
So assuming there's a run on rb's you'd take a gamble at rb(on what you think will be a difference maker) over say a Torry Holt or Steve Smith?
with the snake system he has back to back picks I'd take the best available reciver right after I took a R.B. After 15 to 20 backs are taken you'd better have someone with some upside who has slipped in under the radar in mind or play with one great back and one average back as your starters

chagrin
08-28-2006, 01:58 PM
that's right, you stunk last year, :p

Hound333
08-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Basically I've almost never seen a team win the ship without taking two RB's in the first three rounds. Usually its the first two rounds unless you have just beasts at QB and WR. Still hard without decent talent at RB.

Nzoner
08-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Basically I've almost never seen a team win the ship without taking two RB's in the first three rounds. Usually its the first two rounds unless you have just beasts at QB and WR. Still hard without decent talent at RB.

Hard but not impossible,I won our 12 man money league with the 12th pick back in the late 90's by going wr,wr with my first two picks.I took Harrison and Moss.

All in all though advice on FF should really be based on the paticular individual's scoring system.

Hound333
08-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Hard but not impossible,I won our 12 man money league with the 12th pick back in the late 90's by going wr,wr with my first two picks.I took Harrison and Moss.

All in all though advice on FF should really be based on the paticular individual's scoring system.

Yes, that is one of the situations where you can get away with it. Having two WR's that are just awsome can help you win. Usually if you do that you end up with a sleeper RB that had a good year. Like the year I won with Moss and Harrison. I had an injury at RB and needed anyone that might make the field and get me a couple points. Someone dropped a RB named Priest that had averaged 20 yards a game the first two games.