PDA

View Full Version : You guys catch Monday Night countdown and "hooty" Irvin's comments?

BigVE
08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Didnt see this posted anywhere, sorry if its a repost.

Towards the end of the show they asked who they thought were the most disappointing teams thus far (like pre-season matters and like we care what Tom Jackson or M. Irvin think). Irvin picked the KC Chiefs saying that after having the number one offense for the past 5 years they only have 158 yds of offense after 3 games and that we havent been running LJ like we should but he more also talked about how we brought in Herm to help with the defense, especially the tackling aspect of the game. They showed a clip of our 2nd and 3rd stringers against the Giants while he was saying this. I know our preseason hasnt been spectacular but for ANYONE anywhere to try to judge how good ANY team is based on a couple of preseason games is just plain stupid. Im not being a homer per say, Im just saying that its way too soon to be writing this team off. What a joker. He needs to stick to what he does best: mumbling, stuttering and smokin' weed.

DaFace
08-28-2006, 09:37 PM
You lost me at "Irvin."

BigVE
08-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Enough said.

morphius
08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
And that leads me to my next point, don't snort coke...

StcChief
08-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Irvin needs to step away from the Crack pipe

Deberg_1990
08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
like we care what Tom Jackson or M. Irvin think

Obviously you did since u took the time to type up this post??

hypersensitiveZO6
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
He is an entertainer with no mind left whatsoever from the drug usage.

..purely an entertainer; ignore the football analysis.

greg63
08-28-2006, 10:11 PM
...Was he talking??

Frazod
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Irvin is a

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

R
E
T
A
R
D

Any questions?

Chiefnj
08-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I remember an interview with Irvin two years ago before week 1. People were talking about how Gunther was going to come in and elevate the defense and that the Chiefs were going to be serious contenders right away. Irvin said "Unless Gunther is going to put on pads on tackle someone, that defense ain't going to improve." He's got some brain cells left and saw what a lot of people didn't want to see.

DenverChief
08-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Irvin is a

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

R
E
T
A
R
D

Any questions?

W
T
F
?

greg63
08-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Irvin is a

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

R
E
T
A
R
D

Any questions?

If only I read up and down like the Chinese do instead of left to right I would know what it is you're saying. :D

Boon
08-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Irvin is a

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

R
E
T
A
R
D

Any questions?

N
O

Halfcan
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Why would we run LJ more and risk injury-What a Dumbf#ck!!

Mecca
08-28-2006, 11:31 PM
On National TV there really isn't alot to talk about in preseason so they sorta make up things. There really isn't enough material to do even an hour of TV on football discussion this time of year. Atleast not in a national format like that.

Spicy McHaggis
08-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Why would we run LJ more and risk injury-What a Dumbf#ck!!

Irvin obviously has become so coked out his mind he has lost any sense of time or space. Currently he thinks it's 1813 and he is in colonial British India.

So cut him some slack.

Guru
08-28-2006, 11:38 PM
And that leads me to my next point, don't snort coke...
ROFL

C-Mac
08-28-2006, 11:39 PM
W
h
a
t

d
i
d

I

m
i
s
s

h
e
r
e
?

Boon
08-28-2006, 11:50 PM
On National TV there really isn't alot to talk about in preseason so they sorta make up things. There really isn't enough material to do even an hour of TV on football discussion this time of year. Atleast not in a national format like that.

Well there's always the T.O/Parcells/Jerry Jones story, as well as the Manning brothers. Michael Vick or Randy Moss take up a good 15 minutes of air time on every Sunday pregame show. Plenty to talk about, plenty.

Count Alex's Losses
08-29-2006, 12:12 AM
We have a hell of a lot more than 158 yards as a first-team offense. Irvin is dumb.

stevieray
08-29-2006, 12:13 AM
I might not even watch "MNF" anymore, unless the Chiefs are playing.

Jim Jones
08-29-2006, 12:25 AM
If Tom Jackson and Irvin talked about how good we'd looked this pre-season, everyone on here would be like, "you know, I always thought those two were the only smart ones at ESPN!"

kregger
08-29-2006, 01:31 AM
How is it that Irvin still has a job and Harold Reynolds is walking the street? Maybe he's a pretty boy and will never get a harrassment suit.

GoodDaySir!
08-29-2006, 03:21 AM
If Tom Jackson and Irvin talked about how good we'd looked this pre-season, everyone on here would be like, "you know, I always thought those two were the only smart ones at ESPN!"

That should be the only reply to this thread. It's true but half the people are just don't realize it.

el borracho
08-29-2006, 03:40 AM
Irvin is a jackass no doubt about that but what, exactly, has anybody seen the Chiefs do this preseason that was encouraging?

Only seeing the Giants game I am not really qualified to answer but I can tell you based on what I saw and what I have read there have been few bright spots this preseason. Green, Kennison and Parker on offense and Mitchell and Johnson on defense.

Of course this doesn't necessarily indicate what will happen in the regular season. I would still bet that many Chiefs' players (LJ, Gonzalez, Waters, Shields, Surtain and Law) will have good seasons but, truthfully, I don't think it's happened this preseason.

Braincase
08-29-2006, 06:29 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZelBaOlVNM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZelBaOlVNM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ROYC75
08-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Why should we care what some crackhead thinks ?

OTOH, how many of you would love to be a guess host on MNF with these clowns ?

Dartgod
08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
How is it that Irvin still has a job and Harold Reynolds is walking the street? Maybe he's a pretty boy and will never get a harrassment suit.
Irvin a pretty boy? What are you, f***ing blind?

boogblaster
08-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Irvin is a waste of noise.....BOOG....

ck_IN
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I belive the question was <i>most disappointing teams thus far </i>. The key words in that phrase are 'thus far'. Based on that I'd say the Chiefs qualify especially if the commentator in question hadn't seen the Rams game. The Chiefs looked awful against the Giants on both sides of the ball.

His statement was premature but based on the question I don't disagree with it.

morphius
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
I belive the question was <i>most disappointing teams thus far </i>. The key words in that phrase are 'thus far'. Based on that I'd say the Chiefs qualify especially if the commentator in question hadn't seen the Rams game. The Chiefs looked awful against the Giants on both sides of the ball.

His statement was premature but based on the question I don't disagree with it.
Does that make him any less useless?

ck_IN
08-29-2006, 08:59 AM
<i>Does that make him any less useless?</i>

Not a bit. I'm no fan of Irvins. However all this bile is silly as he was simply honestly answering a stupid question. The bile should be directed at Boomer (I think it was him) for asking the question at this stage in the first place.