PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

KCFalcon59
08-28-2006, 10:51 PM
In early June my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. His health had been declining for months with no real diagnosis. When they told us the news they said there wasn't much they could do as he had maybe 4-7 months live. He lasted 2 1/2.

Today my father died. He was 70.

I got a call this morning around 10:00 that he was being taken to the hospital because he was having some trouble breathing. He has had the same problem recurring over the last year. Usually they put him in the hospital and give him some lasix and he responds and goes home. Today was different.

I was getting regular updates from the family. Around 3:45 I received an update that he was fighting the oxygen mask and was getting a bit delirious. I felt I had time as he was an hour away and no one thought today would be the day. I left work around 5 and headed home. I called my brother and we discussed whether this time was any different and if we needed to get to the hospital. No sooner had I hung up the phone then my mother called and told me that they were moving him to ICU. I quickly packed a few things and went and picked the kids up and headed to the hospital to see him. I never made it. I barely made it 10 miles before I got the call that he had passed.

My father suffered greatly these last two months. Always struggling to breathe. Multiple heart, kidney and lung problems. My dad was a big strong Italian guy who had become very weak and unable to care for himself. It was hard to watch.

My father was a great man. My father was a sinner. My father took care of everyone. My father neglected himself. My father loved his family very much. My father was hardly ever here because he was worked all the time. My father hurt the ones he loved including me. I loved my father. I forgave my father. I wish I had been there to say goodbye.

Please say a prayer for my father and my family as we deal with our loss. Then go tell your family how much you love them.

Halfcan
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Damm that sucks- I am deeply saddened-reminds me of my own dad. Best wishes and prays your way!!

Guru
08-28-2006, 10:59 PM
You know it. My family's prayers are with you.

Bwana
08-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Consider it done. Just from reading your thread, there is no doubt your father knew how you felt about him as well.

Moooo
08-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Life has a funny way of working. Sometimes things happen in life which we don't understand, but they still happen nonetheless.

I look at life as an audition. As long as your father lived a good life and was loving individual, he has nothing to worry about. It's not how many times you fall down, it's whether or not you get back up.

Unfortunately this is little consolation at a time of pain, but keep in mind memories last forever. Also, don' tbe afraid to let your feelings flow, cause they'll only come back and cause you more pain in the long run.

Moooo

Guru
08-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Suggest we sticky this.

|Zach|
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
My father was a great man. My father was a sinner. My father took care of everyone. My father neglected himself. My father loved his family very much. My father was hardly ever here because he was worked all the time. My father hurt the ones he loved including me. I loved my father. I forgave my father. I wish I had been there to say goodbye.

Wow.

Thoughts are with you and the fam buddy.

KCFalcon59
08-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all the prayers. It will be nice to read after this week is over. The planet is a great community.

Logical
08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Sorry for your loss and I only offer the solace that his suffering has ended and hopefully the Supreme Being has a better future for him.

PastorMikH
08-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Sorry to hear about your dad. I will remember you and your family in my prayers.

pr_capone
08-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Done. Prayers and happy thoughts on the way.

greg63
08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
ůSo very sorry to hear it; thoughts and Prayers out to you all.

kregger
08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. A prayer to you and your family.

hawkchief
08-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sounds a lot like my dad as well.

Coach
08-29-2006, 05:58 AM
My prayers go out to you and your family.

plbrdude
08-29-2006, 06:39 AM
sorry to hear that.will pray the Lord will give you and your family comfort, peace, and strength. in Jesus name

Earthling
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Sounds like your Dad and I could have been friends. Prayers go out to you and yours.

ROYC75
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family, May God give you the peace and comfort to you and the family.

Lzen
08-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Sounds very similar to my dad's situation as well as our relationship. Prayers are with you and your family.

ncognito
08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
TnP for you and your family. Very sorry for your loss.

Phobia
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
I was lucky to hear a message on fathers leaving a legacy with their family last weekend. It dealt with situations like this - thanks for the painful reminder that it wasn't just a message and a very real issue. I hope you find peace in his death and joy that he's no longer in any physical pain. Thanks again for sharing.

Hog Farmer
08-29-2006, 11:10 AM
My prayers are with you. A man only has one father in his life and I'm sure his best traits have become a part of you. We all take the things we see our parents are and stand for and we become a progeny of their lives. I sometimes wonder how I look in my little girls eyes. It is so easy for us to take things for granted and say well I'll quit drinking or smoking or whatever tomorrow and theres always tomorrow. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

bogie
08-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Sorry for your loss. This motivated me to call my parents to say I love you. Thank you.

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 03:02 PM
In early June my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. His health had been declining for months with no real diagnosis. When they told us the news they said there wasn't much they could do as he had maybe 4-7 months live. He lasted 2 1/2.

I got a call this morning around 10:00 that he was being taken to the hospital because he was having some trouble breathing. He has had the same problem recurring over the last year. Usually they put him in the hospital and give him some lasix and he responds and goes home. Today was different.

I was getting regular updates from the family. Around 3:45 I received an update that he was fighting the oxygen mask and was getting a bit delirious. I felt I had time as he was an hour away and no one thought today would be the day. I left work around 5 and headed home. I called my brother and we discussed whether this time was any different and if we needed to get to the hospital. No sooner had I hung up the phone then my mother called and told me that they were moving him to ICU. I quickly packed a few things and went and picked the kids up and headed to the hospital to see him. I never made it. I barely made it 10 miles before I got the call that he had passed.

My father suffered greatly these last two months. Always struggling to breathe. Multiple heart, kidney and lung problems. My dad was a big strong Italian guy who had become very weak and unable to care for himself. It was hard to watch.

Please say a prayer for my father and my family as we deal with our loss. Then go tell your family how much you love them.The prayer went up, and I hug my kids every day. Hopefully, some day, they will do the same for me and then for their kids. The cycle of life.

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry for your loss. This motivated me to call my parents to say I love you. Thank you.There is a song, "In the living years".

It is about this very subject.

boogblaster
08-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Nothing can replace your love for your parent..just love your children more..its a cycle that sucks..my prayers for you and yours...BOOG....

Mosbonian
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM

Please say a prayer for my father and my family as we deal with our loss. Then go tell your family how much you love them.

First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

While all of your post touched me, the above is what moved me the most. My Father too is struggling with multiple illnesses, (lung cancer, heart problems, and now possibly pancreatic cancer) and is 70 himself. Long time members here know of my quest to reconcile with my Father, as I have chronicled them on the Planet. It's like you have, in one paragraph, totally encapsulized my Father also.

So my heart goes out to you....know that I will keep you in my prayers.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
There is a song, "In the living years".

It is about this very subject.

I used to love that song.....now it's difficult to listen to.

mmaddog

HemiEd
08-29-2006, 05:53 PM
I am truly sorry for you loss, he is in a better place now though. All the best to you and your family in the future.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 06:49 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and yours. Thanks for the reminder to tell my loved ones that they are loved.

Florida_Bronco
08-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss my friend. My prayers go out to you, your father, and your family.

big nasty kcnut
08-30-2006, 12:52 PM
May he be blessed in heaven and welcome by the lord caring light.

Frankie
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Be strong and love the rest of your family even more. My good thoughts are with you and them.

chiefs4me
08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
after reading about your father and the little boy...it makes football seem so unimportant...I am sorry to hear about your father, God Bless you and your family...

Hydrae
08-30-2006, 06:24 PM
70 years, a good life span. It sounds like he touched many lives during that time, mostly to the good. Not a lot more any man can ask.

Prayers for you and your family during this tough time.

tommykat
08-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I do understand your pain. My Mother went through this with my step-dad 3 plus years ago. I just know that Jack is home finally. We that are left are the ones living in the hell, but we can learn much from all of this. It does bring most closer. Your Dad knows your thoughts!

Simply Red
08-30-2006, 08:21 PM

Trust me that i'll pray, and that i've already prayed for your fathers soul.
Do you plan on attending a grief-session? My thoughts are with you bro. Believe me...

mikey23545
08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I have lost both parents.

One I was able to say goodbye to.

The other, I was not.

Both, I loved more than I can put into words.

Be strong, KCFalcon...Best wishes to you and all your family...

Archie F. Swin
08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Horrrible loss...I'm terribly sorry. God bless your soul.

kcfan88
08-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Prayers are on the way. Sorry to hear about your loss. Be strong.

King_Chief_Fan
08-31-2006, 12:36 PM

sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers said for you and your family

Jilly
08-31-2006, 02:52 PM
May your father now dance in joy, free from suffering and in your suffering, may you remember to hope. God bless you and your family and give you peace.

ChiTown
08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
You got it, KCF59.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Guru
09-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Wow, a sticky doesn't last as long as it used to.

That is too bad.