PDA

View Full Version : Palmer appears ready for Chiefs

keg in kc
08-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Palmer appears ready for Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15385172.htm)

Star News Services
Posted on Tue, Aug. 29, 2006

CINCINNATI | It was only a preseason game, but you’d better believe the Chiefs took note of the Bengals’ 48-17 victory Monday against the Packers.

That’s because Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, looked pretty darn good.

With a bulky brace protecting his rebuilt knee, Palmer took the hits, avoided the rush and threw three first-half touchdown passes Monday night in his first preseason game of the year.

By the time the Bengals jogged to the locker room with a 34-7 halftime lead, Palmer had convincingly made his case that he’ll be ready to start the season opener against the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium on Sept. 10.

“I can’t say I felt real emotional,” Palmer said.

“It just felt like a business day, a chance to get some work in.”

Showing no hesitation to take a hard tackle or take off on a desperate scramble, Palmer completed nine of 14 passes for 140 yards and three touchdowns in the half.

“He hasn’t lost a thing,” right tackle Willie Anderson said. “He’s our leader, and he’s back. That’s got to make any Bengals fan feel real happy.”

Unless his left knee swells up in the next few days, Palmer will be on schedule to start at Arrowhead.

“He dropped back, he rolled out, he got hit a few times, he had a chance to run the ball,” coach Marvin Lewis said. “He looked very good, very sharp. It’s still just preseason, but it’s encouraging.”

Tatertot13
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
He did look pretty damn good last night

jspchief
08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
He looked very good throwing the ball, but I thought it looked like he was favoring the knee still.

Being the meat in an Allen/Hali sandwich a few times early will hopefully rattle him.

Mecca
08-29-2006, 06:29 AM
He looked very good throwing the ball, but I thought it looked like he was favoring the knee still.

Being the meat in an Allen/Hali sandwich a few times early will hopefully rattle him.

Of course the Bengals have a top notch Oline....last year against the Colts they handled Dwight Freeney and the rest of that line without a problem. We're facing possibly the best offense in the league, trial by fire.

htismaqe
08-29-2006, 07:36 AM
IMO, the big story last night was the Cincy defense.

They won't fair nearly as well at Arrowhead against Larry Johnson...

Brock
08-29-2006, 07:39 AM
They beat up the packers. BFD.

morphius
08-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Luckily it was against one of the worst teams in the league right now. But they looked very solid. They will have to prove that they can stop the run against us, but of course we will have to prove that we can put on a pass rush to maybe force some issues.

Frazod
08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
They beat up the packers. BFD.

At home. Yeah, that's impressive. :rolleyes:

PastorMikH
08-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Where's this headline? "Allen, Hali appear ready for Palmer."

:)

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah, Palmer did look good.

According to local radio here, that's supposed to be an 12-18 month rehabilitation and he's already out there? I hope he isn't being pushed too early.

Palmer claims watching from sidelines has helped him play much better too.

Bengals looked good.

Felt bad for Favre, who shoulda hung it up.

Warrior5
08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Somehow, I don't see Palmer bootlegging much, so we'll win...

Chiefnj
08-29-2006, 08:23 AM
People underestimate the Bengals. They won the division and were a playoff team last year with 11 wins. They actually had a better road record than home record winning 6 on the road.

It'll be a good game. Two very different gameplans. The Bengals are okay with a shootout and the Chiefs want to run the ball and kill the clock.

StcChief
08-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Looked good against a bad Packer team.....at home. :rolleyes:

We will still win at home. Palmer will get some but I don't see him burning Law,Surtain for alot.

jspchief
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
So if the Bengals looking good against the Packers means nothing positive, do you say the same thing about the Chiefs looking good against the Rams?

Sure the Packers suck. And The Bengals went out and did what a good team should do to a a lousy team. They beat the tar out of them.

I don't know why everyone wants to downplay it. Palmer came out and looked like last year's QB.

Brock
08-29-2006, 08:39 AM
So if the Bengals looking good against the Packers means nothing positive, do you say the same thing about the Chiefs looking good against the Rams?

I'm saying it carries about the same weight. Which isn't much. Yeah, they're a good team, everybody knows that.

Reerun_KC
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
I am taking the Bengals and the Broncos on our first to games. We just dont have the power to match these two teams yet.

I look for the Chiefs to get on a roll after the Bye, We will be able to play martyball and get some wins, but right out of the gate we need the Chiefs offense of old and not Hermie Ball...

By that time we will have the 49ers and Cardinals to get this D jelling and we will start seeing some changes.

But dont be surprised with 0-2 to start the season.

morphius
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Sure the Packers suck. And The Bengals went out and did what a good team should do to a a lousy team. They beat the tar out of them.

Exactly!

HMc
08-29-2006, 09:05 AM

We will still win at home. Palmer will get some but I don't see him burning Law,Surtain for alot.

You could have Dick Lane and Deion Sanders back there, he's stil gonna move it if he's got all the time in the world.

htismaqe
08-29-2006, 09:06 AM
People underestimate the Bengals. They won the division and were a playoff team last year with 11 wins. They actually had a better road record than home record winning 6 on the road.

It'll be a good game. Two very different gameplans. The Bengals are okay with a shootout and the Chiefs want to run the ball and kill the clock.

The Bengals defense last year was reminiscent of the Chiefs of 2003...

jspchief
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm saying it carries about the same weight. Which isn't much. Yeah, they're a good team, everybody knows that. I think the fact that it's one of the best QBs in the league, that we face in our first game of the year, making his first start since returning from an injury with a much longer projected recovery time...

I mean, let's not pretend there's nothing noteworthy about the story.

htismaqe
08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Let's all remember which Bengals players are suspended for game 1 before we panic... :D

noa
08-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Palmer looked really good last night, and he did all that without Chad Johnson. They are going to be tough on opening day, but we're playing at Arrowhead, so I think we still have the advantage.

stevieray
08-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I think alot of us were counting on the injury for good reason.

The guy can play.

On the other hand, it puts pressure on the D, which is exactly what they need.

You either step up, or you don't.

Warrior5
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
if I had a better assessment of the Chiefs.

As far as the Bengals, they're going to be tough. I do NOT use last season's finale at Arrowhead as an indicator...the Bengals had nothing to gain from winning that game and played safe. As previously stated, they were a playoff team last year with 11 wins, and while their D may be suspect, their O continues to light up the scoreboard with or without Palmer.

The Chiefs? The defense is improved. I can't say the same about the O, and we're certainly not going to find out Thursday night against the Saints.

10 Sep will be a "discovery learning" day for all...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I think I'm the only one that thinks we're going to dismantle the Bengals. Probably worse than the Jets last year.

Count Zarth
08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
I think I'm the only one that thinks we're going to dismantle the Bengals. Probably worse than the Jets last year.

Nope. I'm right there with you. Full-on bloodbath. Their defense sucks and they don't have a running back that scares me.

redbrian
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
This game is a total toss up, Herm stated that the starters will play but if you blink you may miss them.

No one wants to play this game, the only thing that can happen is for a starter to get injured.

For 99.9% of the game we will be seeing the scrubs playing to make the practice squad.

HMc
08-29-2006, 09:36 AM
This game is a total toss up, Herm stated that the starters will play but if you blink you may miss them.

No one wants to play this game, the only thing that can happen is for a starter to get injured.

For 99.9% of the game we will be seeing the scrubs playing to make the practice squad.

You're talking about a different game.

Lzen
08-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Nope. I'm right there with you. Full-on bloodbath. Their defense sucks and they don't have a running back that scares me.

You don't think Rudy Johnson is good?
:hmmm:

Jim Jones
08-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Where is all this, "It was only the Packers" stuff coming from?

Incase you all haven't noticed, we aren't exactly fielding the steel curtain defense out there either.

Radar Chief
08-29-2006, 09:46 AM

I didn’t see much of Rudi, tuned in ‘bout half way through the first quarter, but what I did see was unimpressive.
I don’t know ‘bout a “full on blood bath” but even as good as Palmer looked, against nearly zero pass rush, I don’t think he can carry the entire team to a victory in Arrowhead. That’s a pretty tall task for any team.

Hoover
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
If this game was on the road, I'd be worried. At home, one opening day, we should win this one.

greg63
08-29-2006, 09:49 AM

I don't know why everyone wants to downplay it. Palmer came out and looked like last year's QB.

Yep, I actually felt sorry for Bret Favre.

Count Zarth
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
You don't think Rudy Johnson is good?
:hmmm:

He's a nice back but he doesn't scare me. He'll be easy pickings for our linebackers.

ncognito
08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
It was the Packers. Basically looked like a scrimmage for Cincy. But there's is no denying Palmer looked damn good! We'd better be ready to rock-n-roll week1.

HMc
08-29-2006, 09:58 AM
man the mood has changed since the rams game

bkkcoh
08-29-2006, 10:01 AM

Yeah, I thought he had that 'oh no, it is happening again' look on his face.....

ChiefButthurt
08-29-2006, 10:03 AM
I like this game. The first game of the 2006 season will be with a true contender for the title - IMO. If Cincinnati can keep their team out of jail, they will be a force in the AFC again this year. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that the Chiefs will hand them a loss in week one. We finally do not have A.S. holding us back on the offensive side of the ball. Write it down, we will not miss him this season for one minute.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 10:29 AM
I like this game. The first game of the 2006 season will be with a true contender for the title - IMO. If Cincinnati can keep their team out of jail, they will be a force in the AFC again this year. Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that the Chiefs will hand them a loss in week one. We finally do not have A.S. holding us back on the offensive side of the ball. Write it down, we will not miss him this season for one minute.

I hope you are right.

I just don't get why everyone is so worried about Cincy Jailbirds? Their D sucks and they can't stop the run. Once we get the lead, we can T-off on Palmer and put him out.

Chiefs 38 Bungholes 10

Sam Hall
08-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I took Palmer in the sixth round of my fantasy draft. That's looking pretty good right now. However, I think the Bengals could have a disaster on their hands at Arrowhead. The Chiefs won't lose on week 1 at Arrowhead. I just hope Palmer plays well, but the Chiefs win.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Sorry for all the fantasy draft guys-but I can't root for Palmer to play well??? That means our D is getting burned.

I really think it will be a blowout.

redbrian
08-29-2006, 10:49 AM
You're talking about a different game.

Sh17, my bad, that will teach me to try and think, read and comprehend first thing in the morning, before my first gallon of joe has time to kick in. :banghead:

bogie
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
I think the fact that it's one of the best QBs in the league, that we face in our first game of the year, making his first start since returning from an injury with a much longer projected recovery time...

I mean, let's not pretend there's nothing noteworthy about the story.

If someone gets in his face or gut, he'll start thinking about his injury.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
If someone gets in his face or gut, he'll start thinking about his injury.

When Allen does his spinning sack wrap up move on his leg-he will think about it.

PastorMikH
08-29-2006, 11:19 AM

Why? He was part of the problem.

The guy should have hung up the cleats 2 years ago.

Here's an off-topic question. Favre has done enough to actually make Canton, but in the last 2 years, has his drop-off in play enough to keep him out?

greg63
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
When Allen does his spinning sack wrap up move on his leg-he will think about it.

Eh, Rich Scanlon will simply glare at him from a crossed the field and make him lose bladder control. :D

Hog Farmer
08-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Prediction: Bengals-78 yards rushing
185 yards passing

Chiefs: 178 yards rushing
230 yards passing

Chiefs: 31

Bengals 21

Hog Farmer
08-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Oh yea, Hali- 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble
Allen- 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble

Law- 1 pick
Wesley- 1 pick

Defensive Line- Sucks

Warrior5
08-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Prediction: Bengals-78 yards rushing
185 yards passing

Chiefs: 178 yards rushing
230 yards passing

Chiefs: 31

Bengals 21

If you win, do you want the money to go to 37 Forever?

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I thought he had that 'oh no, it is happening again' look on his face.....Life comes at you fast Farve.

There is nothing you can do about it, so freakin quit already before you make yourself into an utter disgrace.

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
When Allen does his spinning sack wrap up move on his leg-he will think about it.If this was smack down, the Chiefs players would hit his knee repeatedly throughout the game. Not only would he get up each time, but he would throw the game winning touchdown while hobbling on one leg.

:D

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Why? He was part of the problem.

The guy should have hung up the cleats 2 years ago.

Here's an off-topic question. Favre has done enough to actually make Canton, but in the last 2 years, has his drop-off in play enough to keep him out?Not in Packer fans mind.

Hog Farmer
08-29-2006, 12:31 PM
If you win, do you want the money to go to 37 Forever?

That would be just fine!

Dark Horse
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Why?

Here's an off-topic question. Favre has done enough to actually make Canton, but in the last 2 years, has his drop-off in play enough to keep him out?

No

Basileus777
08-29-2006, 01:11 PM
He's a nice back but he doesn't scare me. He'll be easy pickings for our linebackers.

That oline scares me more than Rudy. Did you see those holes they opened up for him against the Packers? Rudy is a decent back, but its that oline and passing game that makes him look better.

The Bengals defense is a joke. Their defense is either forcing turnovers or getting embarrassed. They have the worst defensive line in the league, their corners are gamblers who can get ints but can't cover, and their linebacking corps is nothing special (especially without Thurman).

Monty
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Yes, Palmer looked good last night. It's Preseason.....

Here's my prediction for opening day:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/txchief/CarsonDown1.jpg

Mecca
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
This thread amuses me........if the Chiefs win this game it's gonna be close. If the Bengals score less than 24 I'll be surprised. That is an elite offense the Chiefs are not a dominant defensive team, they are not going to shut that offense down.

By the way Rudi Johnson has back to back 1400+ yard seasons yet he sucks.....right.

Jim Jones
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Palmer's going to rip us a new asshole, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

However, LJ is going to rip the Bengals a new asshole as well.

So the question of the game is, whose asshole gets ripped worse?

One thing is for sure, there will be a lot of asshole ripping.

PastorMikH
08-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Probably as good a place to present this thought as anywhere, with everyone thinking about how great Palmer is and how poor our D is.

What happens to the opposing QB when Pollard gets sent on a safety blitz and drops the hammer on the QB like we NOW know he can?

Mecca
08-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Probably as good a place to present this thought as anywhere, with everyone thinking about how great Palmer is and how poor our D is.

What happens to the opposing QB when Pollard gets sent on a safety blitz and drops the hammer on the QB like we NOW know he can?

The Bengals have one of the best lines in the league.......I'd be concerned with the blitz getting picked up and someone being wide open.

MGRS13
08-29-2006, 08:33 PM
we have to out score them to win, and with Herms offensive game plan this doesn't seem likely. I still don't see this defense being able to rush the passer or stop the pass.
Bengals 38 Chiefs 20
0-2 start, and I don't believe we will ever recover from it this year.

Jim Jones
08-29-2006, 08:37 PM
we have to out score them to win, and with Herms offensive game plan this doesn't seem likely. I still don't see this defense being able to rush the passer or stop the pass.
Bengals 38 Chiefs 20
0-2 start, and I don't believe we will ever recover from it this year.

I agree. We would have beat them last year (well we did, but not exactly the same circumstances) - but with Hermie at the helm we aren't going to outscore them.

kcfan88
08-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Luckily it was against one of the worst teams in the league right now.

Kinda like us against Houston?

OldTownChief
08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
The difference between Cincy at home playing the Packers in a pre-season game and Cincy playing the Chiefs in an Arrowhead home opener is astronomical. It'll be tough but we'll get this one.

OnTheWarpath58
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM

I don't see him burning Law and Surtain either.........

I see him toasting Knight and Wesley OFTEN..........

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Chiefs 38 Bungholes 10

Bet the Farm!

picasso
08-29-2006, 10:05 PM
as I said before:
Pollard is going be wearing a gold tooth necklace by game 2 of th season.
Nuff said!

noa
08-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I think it'll come down to turnovers.

rad
08-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Why don't we wait and see if Palmers knee swells up to the size of a small watermelon or not too be concerned with whether or not he's ready for the opener, eh?
For all we know, he could STILL be sitting in a tub of ice right now.....

MGRS13
08-30-2006, 03:25 AM
Any one see the line on this game yet? With the way the bangles played on monday, and the way the media is reacting to Palmers return(see NFL.com) I wouldn't be surprised to see the chiefs as a home dog.

Warrior5
08-30-2006, 06:58 AM
Palmer's going to rip us a new asshole, anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. However, LJ is going to rip the Bengals a new asshole as well.

So the question of the game is, whose asshole gets ripped worse? One thing is for sure, there will be a lot of asshole ripping.

This reads like a Clint in Wichita post.

Chiefnj
08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
Any one see the line on this game yet? With the way the bangles played on monday, and the way the media is reacting to Palmers return(see NFL.com) I wouldn't be surprised to see the chiefs as a home dog.

Vegas doesn't get emotional. I assume it will open with the Chiefs as a 3 1/2 point favorite. If Palmer has another good outing in the 4th game (assuming he plays) I think it will drop a point.

jspchief
08-30-2006, 08:23 AM
Any one see the line on this game yet? With the way the bangles played on monday, and the way the media is reacting to Palmers return(see NFL.com) I wouldn't be surprised to see the chiefs as a home dog.As of Monday night, Ceasar's line was KC -4 and there were a few internet lines with KC -4.5

As of this morning, Ceasar's is KC -3.5 and several other places are KC -3

Clearly Palmer's play has affected the lines.

Brock
08-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Bet against KC on opening day at your peril. I won't be at all surprised if that game is the end of Palmer's comeback.

Count Zarth
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Bet against KC on opening day at your peril. I won't be at all surprised if that game is the end of Palmer's comeback.

Yep. Gunther is not one to **** around. He's going to come after him early and often. If he shows he can't handle it, there will be no end to the amount of blitzes we send.

Chiefnj
08-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Yep. Gunther is not one to **** around. He's going to come after him early and often. If he shows he can't handle it, there will be no end to the amount of blitzes we send.

I'm sure Palmer and the Bengals would love it if Gunther blitzed to no end. The Chiefs have been a bad blitzing team the last few years and leaving the Bengals receivers in single coverage or a zone with Knight and Wesley deep is extremely risky.

Count Zarth
08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
That's true. If Palmer shows he can handle it, I hope Gunther backs off.

milkman
08-30-2006, 09:49 AM

I don't think we are going to see alot of blitzing to begin with.
Hermie has been talking about trynig to get pressure without using blitzes.

Chiefnj
08-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Palmer was one of the least sacked QB's last year. It's not that easy to get to him.

Count Zarth
08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't think we are going to see alot of blitzing to begin with.
Hermie has been talking about trynig to get pressure without using blitzes.

I know. But I still think they will "test the water."

Warrior5
08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
Hermie has been talking about trying to get pressure without using blitzes.

I thought that's what the F4 are supposed to do. :shrug:

Guess that's also part of Herm's master deception plan...replace the pod people he's had lining up during the preseason with some real DTs.

badassBENGAL
08-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow.

First of all...

YOUR DEFENSE ISNT GOOD.

Hello.... did you know that? No? You did? Good...

Get it now? We have the best O-line in the league. Its NOT easy to get to Carson. How is YOUR defense going to get to him? Are you out of your mind? Do you know how many goddamned weapons Carson Palmer has to to throw to on this offense? You honestly have no clue, do you? Unless you have Troy Polamalu at saftey with Chris Hope there to cover his ass if he screws up, a saftey blitz isnt the best thing to do. TOO MANY WEAPONS. The pass protection is TOO good. In order to win this game, YOU WILL HAVE TO OUTSCORE US. And since you won't be able to pass on our secondary, because Trent Green(who is, admittedly, one of my fav NFL players) has nobody to throw to, and you'll have to resort to running the ball. But you won't be able to do that because you lost both your starting tackles, and we have Sam Adams in the middle of the D-line who is going NOWHERE. And... what? Your Fullback is gone, too? You're just completely screwed, then.

Guess who we've lost on our offense?

NOBODY. We've returned all of ou offensive starters for the 3rd year in a row. YOUR defense will not be able to rattle them or throw something at them that you havent' seen before. Dick Lebeau aint your DC, so you're basically ****ed in the ass with no lube when it comes to that one. Sorry.

Basically, you MAY have one or 2 good CBs....but.... err.... we have more than one or two good WRs.

Firstly, Ty Law couldnt stop Chad back in 04, hows he gonna do it now?
Secondly, Surtain hasn't done anything since he left the Dolphins.
Thirdly, who the hell is gonna cover Chris Henry?

I really wanna know what makes your defense so much better than it was last year. I can tell you all about ours, I mean. We played all of last season with backups of backups at both saftey positions, but we have GREAT starters now for this season. We have Sam Adams taking over at DT, with Brian Robinson taking Jumpy Jr's spot at LDE where he EXCELLED with the Bears, and has so far this season, also. We dont have Odell for the first 4 games, but Brian Simmons, our former starter at WLB is back at his original position of MLB with Landon Johnson, our team leader of tackles back in 04, starting at WLB, along with David Pollack who had a full year of training camp after missing the complete thing last season. Blah blah blah. Rudi J is faster and leaner, but stronger than last year. Blah blah blah. basically, we're better than you. Accept it.

Also, to the cocksuckers who wish injury on Carson.... go to hell

PastorMikH
08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
It is refreshing to see some Cinci fans feeling good about their team. I mean, the Bungles stunk for SO long, it's good to see the fans finally able to have a little pride.

BTW, I hope you will stop by and congratulate us on our W after the game. It would be pretty classless to come in, talk trash, then disappear after your team loses.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2006, 09:37 PM
It is refreshing to see some Cinci fans feeling good about their team. I mean, the Bungles stunk for SO long, it's good to see the fans finally able to have a little pride.

BTW, I hope you will stop by and congratulate us on our W after the game. It would be pretty classless to come in, talk trash, then disappear after your team loses.

Don't worry Pastor.....

He'll stop by to make excuses.....

Just like he did last year.

Don't you Bengals fans have some police blotter you should be catching up on?

Rausch
08-30-2006, 09:41 PM
This thread amuses me........if the Chiefs win this game it's gonna be close.

Their defense is bad and rush defense is terrible.

They were pretty much KC last year only they had a horrid rush D but a respectable pass D (mostly due to turnovers) while scoring a tit-load of pts on offense.

They're also an emotional team. If we were to catch them after a few wins I'd be scared, but we're talking game 1 here...

keg in kc
08-30-2006, 11:06 PM
They were pretty much KC last year only they had a horrid rush D but a respectable pass D (mostly due to turnovers) while scoring a tit-load of pts on offense.I like to make the comparison that last year they were the Chiefs of 2003, and now they're the Chiefs of 2004.

I hope they enjoy their season. It's never fun when reality smacks you in the face.

macdawg
08-31-2006, 12:26 AM
bold post by badassbunghole, even the most optimistic bengals fan expects them to lose this one according to some other forums i've seen.

1. carson on gimpy leg
2. chiefs in arrowhead
3. herm will have the chiefs a more physical team, perfect for beating up a prettyboy team like the bungles.

Mecca
08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
I agree with the Bengals fan to a certain extent. That is an elite offense with one of the best lines and reciever corps in the game. I don't really agree with the Sam Adams take though, he's old now and Buffalo ranked at the bottom of the league in run D with him there last year.

I don't really see much defense being played by either team in this game......