PDA

View Full Version : Rate this FF trade.......

OnTheWarpath58
08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Other than the obvious, RB's being more valuable tham WR's......

Who gets the better of this trade?

Team A sends Steven Jackson and Hines Ward

to

Team B for Ronnie Brown and Frank Gore

Team A needs a #3 RB
Team B is hard up for WR help......

Thoughts?

CosmicPal
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Traded proven players for unproven players.

Brown's stock has only risen this year because of the absence of Ricky Williams. The same can almost be said for Gore- whose stock has risen because of Barlow's absence.

Personally, if I were Team A- I would've liked a proven veteran somewhere in that trade. If it's a keeper league though, then Team A scored.

JBucc
08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I think team B won, but I think Ronnie Brown will be a bust fantasy wise this year and that Jackson will explode.

leviw
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Gore's tearing it up this preseason, but that offense will still be terrible. Ronnie Brown will have a solid season, mostly because the Dolphins now have a passing game.

Ward is solid but coming off an injury. Jackson is good, but I'm not sold on the Rams o-line.

If it's a keeper league, team B got it. One year league, gotta go with B again, I say. But seems pretty fair overall.

Cormac
08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I think it's lopsided: Jackson/Ward > Brown/Gore, IMO.

crispystl420
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Yeah fug that

Simply Red
08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
I think team B won, but I think Ronnie Brown will be a bust fantasy wise this year and that Jackson will explode.

Yeah>>>what he said.

Simply Red
08-29-2006, 08:19 PM

I totally agree.

DJ's left nut
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
I actually give a nod to team A there.

I think Brown is going to be huge this year and Steven Jackson will break down. He's never been able to stay healthy and with Linehan planning to ride him, I wouldn't expect to see him past week 8.

Ward is good, but in ways that don't always show up in FF. He'll be even less valuable this season without a true #2 WR to help take some pressure off. I think Miller will snake a lot of his TDs to boot.

Gore is hugely talented. SF's team will hold him back (they'll be behind a lot, so lots of passing), but he will still be a solid #3 RB, IMO.

The names that team A is trading are bigger, but i think the other 2 will give you better #s over the year.