PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we're going 8-8

Otis99
08-30-2006, 07:48 AM
According to SI, at least:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/scout.report/index.html

Reerun_KC
08-30-2006, 07:57 AM
I was picking between 7-9 and 9-7 at best.

Mostly because of the addition of Hermie as the coach, not for the losses/additions of players.

I feel the choke hold on the offense will be the reason for this, regardless if the defense improves or not.

Bowser
08-30-2006, 07:59 AM
LMAO

SI going out on a limb.......

GoHuge
08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
They have Carolina and Miami in the SB. I'm OK with picking Carolina but Miami? I think they'll be pretty good, but Super Bowl? Not yet. After looking at some of their other projections I think they are insane.

ck_IN
08-30-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm thinking 9-7 myself. Like it or not it will likely take some time for players to learn and buy into Herm warfare. We've lost some players, we've gotten some players, there's going to be an adjustment period.

Now for the rest of their picks!

I don't see the Fins beeting the Steelers unless Nick Saban harpoons Roths(whatever). And if by some chance he does I don't see the Fins getting past the Colts. Manning will be wearing a harpoon proof jacket at that point. I also have a hard time seeing Denver over the Pats.

Personally I'm thinking the Pats vs the Colts and the Pats do it again as they best the Colts and the Giants to get a Manning twofer.

cdcox
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
I compared their picks with my software, and all 8 division winners matched. Of course my software is calibrtated from the over-under betting lines on regular season wins, so basically SI refelects the current betting lines. For the WC qualifiers, the only difference is they have the Ravens displacing the Chiefs. So the Ravens are the only playoff qualifier that they are predicting that deviates significantly from the Vegas betting lines. Their post-season predictions are a little more adventuresome.

Demonpenz
08-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I had us with 8-8 after our d- draft but now it looks like 7-9 or worse which is not bad considering our drafts and how old we are. Pretty good for a transition year! Looking forward to 2009 when we make a run

keg in kc
08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
The more the national media predicts us to go .500, the more I think it's a safer bet that we're going 11-5 or 12-4.

Inspector
08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
8 and 8??

That will get us to the super bowl, right?

Right?

Woodrow Call
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
I remember back in the day when SI had us going to the Super Bowl. I think Bono was even on the cover. Good times.

Messier
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Why suddenly is everyone so down on the Chiefs? I thought 11-5 and I still think that.

CIN-win
@ DEN-loss
SF-win
@AZ-win
@PITT-loss
SAN D-win
SEA-loss
@ST L-win
@MIAM-loss
OAK-win
DEN-win
@CLEV-win
BALT-win
@SAN D-loss
@OAK-win
JACK-win

Seems reasonable.

The Dude Abides
08-30-2006, 11:27 AM
I remember back in the day when SI had us going to the Super Bowl. I think Bono was even on the cover. Good times.
Yeah, I still have that one somewhere. On the other side of the cover they had Favre and some Packers they thought would go to the Bowl also. Of course, only Chiefs area got them on the front cover, rest of the country got Packers cover.

Anyong Bluth
08-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree w/ the above W-L by Messier, except for we'll probably drop one we don't expect to, and I'll put money on the fact that we'll beat Seattle, and probably look like world beaters doing it. This is one of those typical games we've seen the Chiefs have in the past. Really good team comes into Arrowhead and the stadium is electric, which the players then feed off and it turns absurd.

I think back to games like San Fran, Green Bay, etc. If you've followed the team at all you'll know exactly the games I'm talking about.

Basileus777
08-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Jeff George will lead the Fade to the superbowl before the Bills go 8-8 or the entire NFC East goes 9-7.

wutamess
08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
wutamessier? :hmmm:

ChiefsOne
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I am thinking 11-5, but more likely 10-6.

MOhillbilly
08-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I am thinking 11-5, but more likely 10-6.

youre sucha homer

Calcountry
08-30-2006, 03:58 PM
The more the national media predicts us to go .500, the more I think it's a safer bet that we're going 11-5 or 12-4.Golic, and that other dude at ESPN had us making the playoffs.

They said they, "believe that the KC D is ready to take the next step."

Calcountry
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I agree w/ the above W-L by Messier, except for we'll probably drop one we don't expect to, and I'll put money on the fact that we'll beat Seattle, and probably look like world beaters doing it. This is one of those typical games we've seen the Chiefs have in the past. Really good team comes into Arrowhead and the stadium is electric, which the players then feed off and it turns absurd.

I think back to games like San Fran, Green Bay, etc. If you've followed the team at all you'll know exactly the games I'm talking about.The game we drop to a cruddy team will be on the road.

Bob Dole
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Listening to the NFL channel on Sirius, Bob Dole isn't even sure why we're going to bother suiting up and playing this season.

Denver and Philly will meet in the Superbowl.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
The game we drop to a cruddy team will be on the road.

My thoughts exactly.....

Arizona, (which would figure since I'm going) Cleveland or *gasp* Oakland would fall into that category......

CIN-W
DEN-L
SF-W
ARI-W
PIT-L
SD-W
SEA-W
STL-W
MIA-L
OAK-W
DEN-W
CLE-L
BAL-L
SD-L
OAK-W
JAX-W

10-6.........

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Listening to the NFL channel on Sirius, Bob Dole isn't even sure why we're going to bother suiting up and playing this season.

ROFL :LOL:

Bob Dole
08-30-2006, 04:55 PM
ROFL :LOL:

It's pretty funny until that's 80% of what you hear for 6 hours in the car... (With the other 19% being coverage of the Jets, Giants and Redskins, and 1% on Sunday making fun of Croyle going 1 for 9.)

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2006, 05:03 PM
It's pretty funny until that's 80% of what you hear for 6 hours in the car... (With the other 19% being coverage of the Jets, Giants and Redskins, and 1% on Sunday making fun of Croyle going 1 for 9.)

I have no doubt that they stroke off the East Coast teams, Denver and the "best team EVAH to not make the playoffs"

I'm laughing that some idiot thinks that the Eagles will even make the playoffs, much less the SB.........

Bob Dole
08-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm laughing that some idiot thinks that the Eagles will even make the playoffs, much less the SB.........

It was more than one idiot.

OnTheWarpath58
08-30-2006, 05:15 PM
It was more than one idiot.

:eek:

Sounds like a waste of a channel to me.......shame

chiefsfan1963
08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
It's all up to Herm. He was given a 10-6 team. He doen't have to rebuild like Vermiel had to when he took over where Marty and Gunther left off.

If Herm plays to not lose we're f*cked and bored out of our gourd!

If he leaves Solari to do his thing which is to continue where AS left off and he focuses on what he knows best, DEFENSE, then we can do great things!

If he let's his ego get in the way we're F*UCKED and BORED TO TEARS!

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Why suddenly is everyone so down on the Chiefs? I thought 11-5 and I still think that.

CIN-win
@ DEN-loss
SF-win
@AZ-win
@PITT-loss
SAN D-win
SEA-loss
@ST L-win
@MIAM-loss
OAK-win
DEN-win
@CLEV-win
BALT-win
@SAN D-loss
@OAK-win
JACK-win

Seems reasonable.

I agree with that expect for the Seattle and Arizona games. I think we go undeafted at Arrowhead and we always lose a game to a team we shouldn't on the road - Arizona fits that mold. But they have a pretty good team this year, so I expect a loss.

whoman69
08-30-2006, 07:28 PM

Sure you didn't get the rebroadcast from 1981?