PDA

View Full Version : thoughts and prayers please....

oldandslow
08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't know if you believe in a higher power or not, but positive thoughts cannot hurt...

Our neighbor's five year old son found the family's .22 and shot himself in the head this past pm. He is fighting for his life in a Sioux Falls hospital.

I am heartsick...

ZepSinger
08-30-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't know if you believe in a higher power or not, but positive thoughts cannot hurt...

Our neighbor's five year old son found the family's .22 and shot himself in the head this past pm. He is fighting for his life in a Sioux Falls hospital.

I am heartsick...

My goodness, that is horrible. I have 3 small children, and can't personally imagine how you'd feel as a parent in this situation.

I will indeed pray for this little boy.

Z

ncognito
08-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Definitely! TnP for the family.

Dartgod
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Wow. It's a shame the parents didn't have the forethought to put the gun out of reach for such a small child.

My prayers definitely go out to them.

Lzen
That is terrible. I don't know how a parent can deal with something like this. Our prayers for the family.

Bwana
Wow, sad news........done.

Rain Man
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
That's horrible. Good luck to him.

StcChief
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
wow. that's awful. My thoughts are with you and the little boy.

Get a gun lock/Safety?

ROYC75
08-30-2006, 11:19 AM
OMG, thoughts and prayers to that family........

Iowanian
08-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Very unfortunate for all involved. Sorry to hear it.

KCFalcon59
08-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Prayers going out for him and his family. This is very sad.

burt
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
my worst nightmare....my thoughts and prayers enroute... wow...

and to my fellow planeteers...advice is wasted in this situation...and actually not cool...

Coach
08-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Prayers towards the family.

Bill Parcells
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
god speed to that kid!!!!

thats terrible

bogie
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
my worst nightmare....my thoughts and prayers enroute... wow...

and to my fellow planeteers...advice is wasted in this situation...and actually not cool...

My worst nightmare as well. I hope the child comes out okay. Positive thoughts!

King_Chief_Fan
08-30-2006, 12:42 PM

I am heartsick...

there is a God and our prayers will be said for the family's son.

plbrdude
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
there is a God and our prayers will be said for the family's son.

amen, will pray for the child and his family

Inspector
08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Prayers work. This child will pull through.

And hopefully it sends a message about safety to others.

big nasty kcnut
08-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Done hope for him to come out of it ok.

oldandslow
08-30-2006, 04:59 PM
The boy died about an hour ago...

I do want to clarify my earlier statements. I incorrectly said that he had shot himself (that was what we were first told). I have since talked to the boy's mother, and he was shot by his older sibling who was playing with the gun outside. Our church, our community, and our neighborhood has suffered a great loss.

One of my students (and church member) just came by my office and told me she had been playing with Tyler last Sunday in the nursery. It was hard to listen to her.

I know this isn't a world event. But in our little piece of the world it is heartwrenching.

Bob Dole
08-30-2006, 05:04 PM

I do want to clarify my earlier statements. I incorrectly said that he had shot himself (that was what we were first told). I have since talked to the boy's mother, and he was shot by his older sibling who was playing with the gun outside. Our church, our community, and our neighborhood has suffered a great loss.

One of my students (and church member) just came by my office and told me she had been playing with Tyler last Sunday in the nursery. It was hard to listen to her.

I know this isn't a world event. But in our little piece of the world it is heartwrenching.

What a nightmare for everyone involved.

Phobia
08-30-2006, 05:12 PM

I do want to clarify my earlier statements. I incorrectly said that he had shot himself (that was what we were first told). I have since talked to the boy's mother, and he was shot by his older sibling who was playing with the gun outside.

That's even worse, as if that were possible. Now the older child carries that for life. It's terrible all around. We'll pray for the family and your community.

Calcountry
08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Tragic. No words can make anyone feel better.

My Prayers with the family, and that boy.

morphius
08-30-2006, 05:24 PM
That is awful. Prayers for the family, that is going to be tough to get through.

plbrdude
08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
so sorry to hear that. will pray for the family.

chiefs4me
08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
So very sad to hear...my prayers go to you and the family and your community....

Hydrae
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Prayers for the family and the community. An extra prayer for the older sibling who was involved, this will affect the rest of their life.

bogie
08-30-2006, 07:27 PM
This is tragic. This is a horrific reminder to store our guns safely and educate our children on gun safety. I'm so sorry for the family, I can't even imagine the pain they're going through.

mlyonsd
08-30-2006, 07:33 PM

O&S, I didn't hear about this till today. If a fund is set up to help with costs let me know. Vermillion is a great town and hopefully the family will get the support they need. I feel terrible for the sibling. I can't imagine going thru life with this on his shoulders.

Take this as a lesson folks, lock up your guns. Even the best kids do stupid things some times.

tommykat
08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
This truely breaks my heart, for the little boy but for his sister. I will carry all this in prayer and send this out to my prayer chain. God Bless you and the family it happened to.

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 03:20 AM
That is the worst. Prayers your way.

Jilly
08-31-2006, 03:48 PM
May God's comfort and peace surround you and the family.

HemiEd
08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Wow. It's a shame the parents didn't have the forethought to put the gun out of reach for such a small child.

My prayers definitely go out to them.

Ditto, what a shame.

ChiTown
08-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Dear Lord.

I can't, and don't even want to, imagine that scenario.

God help that family.

seclark
09-01-2006, 07:40 AM
i'm in...thoughts and prayers.
sec

stevieray
09-01-2006, 04:55 PM
My goodness ...how horrible...especially for a small town that generally is very close.

Thoughts and prayers out to you and your neighbors.

:(

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2006, 06:23 PM
How awful. I'm so sorry to hear about this tragedy.

The family, especially the older sibling, and your community will be in our prayers. Go

Rain Man
09-01-2006, 06:31 PM

That's a nightmare scenario. It's horrific for everyone involved. My sympathies.