PDA

View Full Version : Anything good for lunch?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-30-2006, 11:10 AM
I just ordered Minsky's.

Coach
08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Just a cheese sandwich, Pringles chips, and 4 Oreo cookies.

StcChief
08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Turkey Sandwich, apple, water,

oh ....and sunflower seeds for the
prostate.....

Count Zarth
08-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Just a cheese sandwich, Pringles chips, and 4 Oreo cookies.

What the eff is a cheese sandwich?

Sully
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Lunchable
Turkey, cheddar and crackers.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
What the eff is a cheese sandwich?
I'm going out on a limb here, so stick with me... cheese slapped between two pieces of bread?

keg in kc
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Mmm, Minksky's.

I neglected to eat breakfast, so I'm eating scrambled eggs (2 eggs/3 whites), turkey bacon and a couple slices of white wheat toast w/ butter, and a glass of oj + glass of milk.

greg63
08-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Chinese! :D

eChief
08-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Leftovers

shaneo69
08-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Everyone in our office but me and three women went to Richmond, VA today for training. So one of the three women offers to buy the four of us Chinese for lunch (she used to be a manager, she can afford it).

So there are two Chinese restaurants in all of downtown St. Louis that deliver; neither has a website so we don't know what's on their menu, but it's Chinese, so we have a pretty good idea.

The three women all want a General Tso's chicken lunch combo with fried rice; two of them also want a crab rangoon and the other girl wants an egg roll. I just want Kung Pao chicken and fried rice.

So I get elected to make the call to order the food (apparently only guys know how to place a delivery order). The first place I call tells me they don't have General Tso's chicken or Kung Pao chicken, so I hang up.

I call the 2nd place, and everything seems to be cool. After I hang up, the girl who's buying asks how much, but I didn't know because they didn't tell me, but I figured it couldn't be more than $30.

So the delivery guy shows up, I ask how much, and he says $50.50. I said "What!" The girl who's buying grabs the ticket and looks at it saying it must be wrong. Then she realizes that they gave us full dinner orders of the General Tso's and Kung Pao, and instead of giving us two crab rangoons, they gave us two full orders which had about 5 crab rangoons in each order. This of course is my fault, because I was the idiot who screwed up the order on the phone.

So the girl who's buying starts scrambling around for cash, and I could tell that she was about to tell the delivery guy to just take the food back because they got our order wrong. But she finally gritted her teeth and paid for it, along with a tip, and now there's a bunch of Chinese leftovers in the company fridge.

So, two lessons to learn from this...always specify "combo" when ordering Chinese delivery for lunch, and always find out how much the bill is before hanging up.

HemiEd
08-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Everyone in our office but me and three women went to Richmond, VA today for training. So one of the three women offers to buy the four of us Chinese for lunch (she used to be a manager, she can afford it).

So there are two Chinese restaurants in all of downtown St. Louis that deliver; neither has a website so we don't know what's on their menu, but it's Chinese, so we have a pretty good idea.

The three women all want a General Tso's chicken lunch combo with fried rice; two of them also want a crab rangoon and the other girl wants an egg roll. I just want Kung Pao chicken and fried rice.

So I get elected to make the call to order the food (apparently only guys know how to place a delivery order). The first place I call tells me they don't have General Tso's chicken or Kung Pao chicken, so I hang up.

I call the 2nd place, and everything seems to be cool. After I hang up, the girl who's buying asks how much, but I didn't know because they didn't tell me, but I figured it couldn't be more than $30.

So the delivery guy shows up, I ask how much, and he says $50.50. I said "What!" The girl who's buying grabs the ticket and looks at it saying it must be wrong. Then she realizes that they gave us full dinner orders of the General Tso's and Kung Pao, and instead of giving us two crab rangoons, they gave us two full orders which had about 5 crab rangoons in each order. This of course is my fault, because I was the idiot who screwed up the order on the phone.

So the girl who's buying starts scrambling around for cash, and I could tell that she was about to tell the delivery guy to just take the food back because they got our order wrong. But she finally gritted her teeth and paid for it, along with a tip, and now there's a bunch of Chinese leftovers in the company fridge.

So, two lessons to learn from this...always specify "combo" when ordering Chinese delivery for lunch, and always find out how much the bill is before hanging up.

LMAO LMAO Carl would not have ****ed this up.

shaneo69
08-30-2006, 12:32 PM
LMAO LMAO Carl would not have ****ed this up.

After I screwed up, I just told the girl who paid for all the food that she was the best manager in the entire insurance industry, and after that, she totally forgot what a stupid mistake I made.

HemiEd
08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
After I screwed up, I just told the girl who paid for all the food that she was the best manager in the entire insurance industry, and after that, she totally forgot what a stupid mistake I made.

Nice, You could be in sales/marketing. LMAO

Oh, and yes I got it. :p

Baby Lee
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
So there are two Chinese restaurants in all of downtown St. Louis that deliver
Eff Chinese when downtown . . . Curry in a Hurry, MarthaFocker!!

Chief Henry
08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Left over spaghetti with toast. It was great.

Iowanian
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
pb&J and water. Jam made last week by family member. Good stuff.

shaneo69
08-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Eff Chinese when downtown . . . Curry in a Hurry, MarthaFocker!!

Well, if I was paying, Chinese would've been about 10th on my list, but I'm not real big on Indian either.

Frosty
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Pepper steak and a nectarine. Steak was fantastic!

Jilly
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
veggie omelet at first watch

gblowfish
08-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Lunch special at the Longbranch Saloon...polk chop...yezzum!!

JBucc
08-30-2006, 02:38 PM
some sort of ravioli alfredo stuff and some pizza

Reaper16
08-30-2006, 03:28 PM
In between tons of classwork/reading and a fantasy draft, I managed to squeeze in mozzerella sticks, some Lay's, and a bottle of Lipton Green Tea.