PDA

View Full Version : Let the Huard vs. Volek debate begin....

T-post Tom
08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Titans | Volek could be traded
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:38:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek could be traded by the team. The Titans are expected to see how much interest there is in Volek.

Moooo
08-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Titans | Volek could be traded
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:38:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Tennessee Titans QB Billy Volek could be traded by the team. The Titans are expected to see how much interest there is in Volek.

As a cow, I would trade the two straight up. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen. I'd feel much more confident in our 2nd string QB situation with him at the helm.

Moooo

Guru
08-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Good grief. Are we interested in every player that is going to be potentially released or traded?

milkman
08-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Good grief. Are we interested in every player that is going to be potentially released or traded?

Yes.

beavis
08-30-2006, 11:46 PM
What, are you new here?

Guru
08-30-2006, 11:47 PM
What, are you new here?
Not as new as you.

Spicy McHaggis

Yes. We are. Carl's another story though.

On a serious note Volek would be ideal as a #2 back up. Definately able to step in and play for a short stretch of games and have success if Trent were to go down. He handled himself nicely in Nashville whenever McNair went out with his yearly ailment. Shot Drew Bennett's fantasy value through the roof too. And his last name isn't Huard.

My question is who the hell are the Titans planning on starting? Kerry Collins? Or are they handing the reins to Young already (big mistake, IMO).

Guru
Yes.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. ROFL

Deberg_1990
08-30-2006, 11:50 PM
I dont think Voleck wants to be a backup. Thats probably why he is pissed they signed Collins. I would be pissed too. Voleck at least deserves a chance to start somewhere, he has proven he can play in this league.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2006, 11:54 PM
volek is better than huard, but not really worth trading for.

A.J. Feeley was just cut and signed

he was an upgrade over Huard too.

Moooo
08-30-2006, 11:56 PM
I dont think Voleck wants to be a backup. Thats probably why he is pissed they signed Collins. I would be pissed too. Voleck at least deserves a chance to start somewhere, he has proven he can play in this league.

Where would you recommend he start? I'm trying to think. Maybe Minnesota or Beefalo?

Moooo, who just doesn't know...

boogblaster
08-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Billy would be better than anything we've got for back-up but Carl wont even look at him...BOOG....

Spicy McHaggis
08-31-2006, 12:06 AM
I dont think Voleck wants to be a backup..

Volek could have walked either last year or the year before IIRC. He had shown he could play and I'm sure lots of teams would have had him. He must have really thought he was the Titans' guy after McNair rode off into the sunset.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Volek could have walked either last year or the year before IIRC. He had shown he could play and I'm sure lots of teams would have had him. He must have really thought he was the Titans' guy after McNair rode off into the sunset.

I think you hit it on the head.

Now, where can we find this guy a starting job? That's right, welcome to the ChiefsPlanet QB career opportunity service! :)

Moooo

KCChiefsFan88
08-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Volek reminds me a lot of former Houston Oilers back-up QB Cody Carlson.

Volek, like Carlson looked decent at times filling in for a star QB but when both QBs were given a chance to start they choked under the pressure.

I'd still take Volek over what we currently have now as depth behind Trent.

Valiant
08-31-2006, 12:46 AM
Where would you recommend he start? I'm trying to think. Maybe Minnesota or Beefalo?

bills
Jets
Ravens
Browns
Donks:)
Raiders
Skins
Bears
Lions
Pack
Vikings
saints

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 12:47 AM
We drafted a QB, I would not trade for Volek.

Rausch
08-31-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm on this one.

All for it. In a heartbeat...

Moooo
08-31-2006, 01:18 AM
bills
Jets
Ravens
Browns
Donks:)
Raiders
Skins
Bears
Lions
Pack
Vikings
saints

I don't know. I'd take Drew Brees, Grossman, Plummer (how much I hate to say it), Rogers and McNair over Volek. Also, call me crazy, but I like Charlie Frye if he can continue to improve on that lackluster team.

Moooo

greg63
08-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Rich Scanlon.

Guru
08-31-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't know. I'd take Drew Brees, Grossman, Plummer (how much I hate to say it), and McNair over Volek. Also, call me crazy, but I like Charlie Frye if he can continue to improve on that lackluster team.

Moooo
PLUMMER!!! Are you out of your mind? :cuss:

Mecca
We drafted a QB, I would not trade for Volek.

That's basicaly irrevelant, Croyle is no where near ready to play in a game. Volek's a pretty good backup and would be a massive upgrade from what we have now.

Volek had his shot to try to be a starter the Bills offered him a contract last year and he decided to resign wtih the Titans....He's just upset he knows the Titans are phasing him out.

luv
Isn't the question if we'd want Volek over Huard? There are several I would take over Huard.

blueballs
08-31-2006, 01:21 AM
Volek was made a star after playing against
the Chiefs D
just like that Browns QB that was never heard
from again
and that Buffalo QB
and there was another I can't think of right now

greg63
08-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Isn't the question if we'd want Volek over Horrid? There are several I would take over Horrid.
Fixed yer post. :D

Moooo
08-31-2006, 01:24 AM
PLUMMER!!! Are you out of your mind? :cuss:

Yes. He's not good, but he's marginally better than Volek as a starter.

It wasn't by much, I assure you.

Moooo

Guru
08-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Yes. He's not good, but he's marginally better than Volek as a starter.

It wasn't by much, I assure you.

Moooo
ROFL

alanm
08-31-2006, 01:32 AM
the Chiefs D
from again
and that Buffalo QB
That was my first thought. Just because Volek lit up our sorry assed secondary of Woods, Wesley, Bartee and Warfield. Doesn't constitute his validity as worthy of draft picks. Hell, we made Pro Bowlers of every QB we faced that year. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

ChiefsFanatic
08-31-2006, 01:50 AM

I wouldn't mind giving Koy Detmer a look. He couldn't be any worse than the back-ups we have now.

Mecca
08-31-2006, 02:13 AM
That was my first thought. Just because Volek lit up our sorry assed secondary of Woods, Wesley, Bartee and Warfield. Doesn't constitute his validity as worthy of draft picks. Hell, we made Pro Bowlers of every QB we faced that year. :banghead: :cuss: :banghead:

Volek has started alot of games actually....

luv
08-31-2006, 02:23 AM
What do Volek's stats look like?

Spicy McHaggis
08-31-2006, 02:32 AM
What do Volek's stats look like?

Volek (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/188108)

Guru
08-31-2006, 02:33 AM
What a rediculous picture.

greg63
08-31-2006, 02:37 AM
What a rediculous picture.

ROFL

A little bit creepy.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm confused why a guy with a lifetime QB rating of 87 is having problems getting a starting job. Anyone know more about this outside the stats?

Moooo

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 03:07 AM
Those 3 rushing yards look impressive.

Mecca
08-31-2006, 03:10 AM
Because we all know the most important thing a QB can do is run...

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 03:19 AM
Printers had 3 yards his first play-well, and 28 more behind the line of scrimmage.

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Volek is defintely better than Huard.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 07:49 AM
That's basicaly irrevelant, Croyle is no where near ready to play in a game. Volek's a pretty good backup and would be a massive upgrade from what we have now.

Volek had his shot to try to be a starter the Bills offered him a contract last year and he decided to resign wtih the Titans....He's just upset he knows the Titans are phasing him out.So he's unhappy being the backup in Tennessee but he'll want to be the backup in KC?

The Titans know he's good enough to start somewhere. They were getting big offers for him from teams like the Packers just a year or two ago. His price will be inflated and so will his expectations.

He's an upgrade over Huard by a ton. But we didn't invest a 3rd round pick in Croyle just to turn around use another one on someone like Volek.

Dartgod
08-31-2006, 07:52 AM
the Chiefs D
from again
and that Buffalo QB
The Chiefs defense made Scott Mitchell a millionaire a few years ago.

StcChief
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Volek will likely want too much and agree.
Why did we get Printers in offseason and draft Croyle
to replace Huard with Volek......

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 08:38 AM
We got Printers and Croyle for the future.

We need Volek for the now.

Brock
08-31-2006, 08:40 AM
He's unhappy about being a backup. Repeat, he's unhappy about being a backup.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:43 AM
We got Printers and Croyle for the future.

We need Volek for the now.Volek isn't going to sign a one year contract to sit on the bench and not show his wares.

He's going to go somewhere with his eyes on the starting role in the near future, or at the very least he's going to get his cheddar to sit on the bench and not get a chance.

It has nothing to do with how bad we need him. It has to do with how he fits into this team.... he doesn't.

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Beyond the other great points Brock and jspchief brought up, just how many trades do people think we're gonna make in one offseason? Let's be realistic here folks.

greg63
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
Beyond the other great points Brock and jspchief brought up, just how many trades do people think we're gonna make in one offseason? Let's be realistic here folks.

Do the terms "realistic" and "here" really co-exist on the "Planet"???

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Where is Volek going to go and start?

This late in the year, everyone has their starting quarterback set.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 08:58 AM

This late in the year, everyone has their starting quarterback set.

I sincerely think Beefalo would look at anyone for a Starter right now...

Moooo

jspchief
08-31-2006, 09:00 AM

This late in the year, everyone has their starting quarterback set.On opening day? Nowhere.

Midway through the season or next year?

Oakland
Baltimore
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Chicago
New Jersey Jets

There are certainly teams where he would have a better shot than here.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
On opening day? Nowhere.

Midway through the season or next year?

Oakland
Baltimore
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Chicago
New Jersey Jets

There are certainly teams where he would have a better shot than here.

I don't think Chicago is looking for anyone. Grossman is getting better. Their main problem is that they won with two different QBs and now don't know which one to go with. Orton was a rookie, and Grossman is only a few years out, I really don't think Volek has any sort of calue to them.

Though what do I know? I'm just a cow.

Moooo

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
I sincerely think Beefalo would look at anyone for a Starter right now...

Moooo

JP Losman was declared the starter.

I guess Volek would have a shot at starting next year somewhere other than here.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't think Chicago is looking for anyone. Grossman is getting better. Their main problem is that they won with two different QBs and now don't know which one to go with. Orton was a rookie, and Grossman is only a few years out, I really don't think Volek has any sort of calue to them.

Though what do I know? I'm just a cow.

MooooGrossman has looked like shit all pre-season. That job is far from locked up. He'll be the starter, but he'll have to play well to stay the starter. Orton isn't even in the discussion.

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
They have Griese anyway. Chicago won't be interested in Volek.

Sully
08-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Minnesota would be a great spot for Volek.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Minnesota would be a great spot for Volek.The fans are in love with Tarvaris Jackson, but I'm not sure how good he's capable of being.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
In the preseason there are 10 too many quarterbacks to go around. In week 8, there's about 10 too less...

Moooo

ck_IN
08-31-2006, 09:24 AM
If he wants to be a starter he should stay put. It'll be some time, if ever, before Young is ready. And if you lose out to Collins then you should probably find another line of work.

ncognito
08-31-2006, 10:23 AM

He could step in and start in Cleveland right now...today. Buffalo and Minnesota have too much invested, beit financial or leadership, in Losman and Johnson. Browntown is the only starting option I could see.

It's already been said many times, no way we trade for Volek, a guy publicly unhappy with a backup job, when we already have Trent and just invested a 3rd in Croyle. Move on...

Count Alex's Wins
08-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Cleveland's starter is Charlie Frye. He's had a great camp and they drafted him as their QBOTF last year.

No way Volek would unseat him.

Brock
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Cleveland's starter is Charlie Frye. He's had a great camp and they drafted him as their QBOTF last year.

No way Volek would unseat him.

Unless it turns out Frye sucks. No way that could happen.

cdcox
08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
JP Losman was declared the starter.

I guess Volek would have a shot at starting next year somewhere other than here.

I could be declared the CEO of Micrisoft, but that wouldn't mean that I am qualified to hold the job. Loserman is terrible.

I guarantee at least three starters will be benched for ineffective play this season, so he definitely has a chance to become the starter before the end of the season.

Mecca
08-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I could be declared the CEO of Micrisoft, but that wouldn't mean that I am qualified to hold the job. Loserman is terrible.

I guarantee at least three starters will be benched for ineffective play this season, so he definitely has a chance to become the starter before the end of the season.

So terrible that he beat the Chiefs last year........young QB's struggle it's just a fact jumping to conclusions that fast about a guy is a bit much.

patteeu
08-31-2006, 12:25 PM

I agree. If we wanted an improvement, we'd be better off taking a look at the free options. Since we've shown no interest in the likes of Feeley, Collins, George, Detmer, Fiedler, etc., I assume we have no interest in trading for Volek.

huskerdooz
08-31-2006, 12:31 PM

Only those that would improve the team.

MahiMike
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I like Volek. Not sure why they're going with Collins. Let's get him!

cdcox
08-31-2006, 12:56 PM
So terrible that he beat the Chiefs last year........young QB's struggle it's just a fact jumping to conclusions that fast about a guy is a bit much.

Yeah, he's following the Kyle Boller path to fame and fortune.

I know this is going to come as a shock to you, but some guys that were good in college just plain suck when it comes to the NFL and no amount of grooming will change that.