PDA

View Full Version : 5 things for tonights game

Guru
08-31-2006, 04:28 AM
5 Things to keep in mind during tonight’s preseason game Saints at chiefs, 7:30 tonight, Channels 2, 5, and 13; KCFX (101.1 FM)

Will the No. 2 quarterback please stand up?

Coach Herm Edwards alluded to the fact that some offensive starters might not play at all tonight. If that list includes quarterback Trent Green, then prepare yourself for a long night for the offense. Rookie Brodie Croyle struggled in his debut last week against the Rams, and Casey Printers (below) also had his share of problems. Maybe veteran Damon Huard will finally get some playing time. That may not mean the Chiefs will have any more success in moving the chains.

Will it be Hannon, Webb or some other guy?

Edwards made a rather surprising move this week when he cut Craphonso Thorpe, who was seemingly a lock as the Chiefs’ No. 4 receiver this spring. Thorpe ran into more injury problems, and now that job is a race between rookies Jeff Webb (right) and Chris Hannon. Unless, of course, Kansas City finds a veteran to its liking on the waiver wire.

Can Junior make up for lost time?

This is obviously a game for the backups and roster hopefuls, and maybe nobody needs to impress more than defensive tackle Junior Siavii. The second-round draft pick in 2004 has been out because of a knee injury, and he is in serious danger of being cut this weekend. Siavii may need a monster night to stay alive.

Any other veterans sweating it out?

Defensive end Carlos Hall (right) might be counted in that list. The coaches love his playmaking ability, but they’ve rarely seen it because he’s been hurt so much since he came to Kansas City last year. Is he good enough for the Chiefs to hold a spot for him?

Does anybody really want to be here tonight?

You do because you plunked down $30 for a ticket. But with the starters on the sideline, and the backups sweating out their fate, it won’t be the most enjoyable of nights. The stands were more than half-empty in the fourth quarter of last weekend’s Rams game. The mass exodus will probably start long before that tonight. “You’ve got to play it for a lot of reasons,” Edwards said. “You owe it to the fans and the players who have been here since the (offseason). For me, it’s a fun game to watch the young guys. Some are sitting on the fence.”

Guru
08-31-2006, 04:29 AM
One question on the last point. Who the hell managed to get a ticket for 30 bucks?

DenverChief
08-31-2006, 05:50 AM
I'd like to see Croyle and Printers each get at least one series with the #1 offense

Guru
08-31-2006, 05:58 AM
I'd like to see Croyle and Printers each get at least one series with the #1 offense

Agreed. That would be nice. Personally, I want them to rest Green the entire game and start out with Croyle. I see them starting Huard for some reason though.

DenverChief
08-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Agreed. That would be nice. Personally, I want them to rest Green the entire game and start out with Croyle. I see them starting Huard for some reason though.

man I hope not I really dislike Huard I wish that one of the oher guys would make a huge improvement tonite....what ever happened to James Killian?

rad
08-31-2006, 06:04 AM
man I hope not I really dislike Huard I wish that one of the oher guys would make a huge improvement tonite....what ever happened to James Killian?

Did a tour in Europe and didn't impress. Released over the summer.

Cochise
08-31-2006, 07:04 AM
One question on the last point. Who the hell managed to get a ticket for 30 bucks?

It's the preseason. You can probably get two for that.

the Talking Can
08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
no more Crap-ho....he must really suck...he should have asked Sims and Siavii how they managed to hang around...

jspchief
08-31-2006, 07:13 AM
One question on the last point. Who the hell managed to get a ticket for 30 bucks?Everyone that bought one from a season ticket holder that originally paid $70-$80.

StcChief
08-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Boy's Club of KC gets our PS game.

rad
08-31-2006, 07:19 AM
I called down to Giants Stadium when the Chiefs played there a couple weeks ago and the lady said tickets were from $60 on up. I said "yeah right..."

Dartgod
08-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Does anybody really want to be here tonight?

You do because you plunked down $30 for a ticket.
Somebody owes me $49.

Hound333
08-31-2006, 08:01 AM
I think we will see alot of Croyle tonight. They got to see Printers early so im guessing Brodie will be in for at least a half if not 3 quarters. That right there gives me reason to watch.

greg63
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Any other veterans sweating it out?

Defensive end Carlos Hall (right) might be counted in that list. The coaches love his playmaking ability, but they’ve rarely seen it because he’s been hurt so much since he came to Kansas City last year. Is he good enough for the Chiefs to hold a spot for him?

Sims ought to be.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:22 AM
I think we will see alot of Croyle tonight. They got to see Printers early so im guessing Brodie will be in for at least a half if not 3 quarters. That right there gives me reason to watch.I hope so. We've seen enough of Printers that I don't think there's much more to be learned at this point. I'd like to see Croyle get some more time.

greg63
08-31-2006, 08:28 AM
I think Croyle showed some flashes last time out, and did alright for his first time out. It would be interesting to see how he performs this time and how well he learned from his struggles Saturday night.

HC_Chief
08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
I think Croyle showed some flashes last time out, and did alright for his first time out. It would be interesting to see how he performs this time and how well he learned from his struggles Saturday night.

I agree. His passes looked really good and I loved the fact that he was aggressive... took shots down the field. His deep out passes were perfect. Too bad the receivers he was throwing to couldn't hang on to the ball. :-/

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Sims ought to be.

Why?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think we should just trot into the season without enough people on the roster, regardless of how bad they suck...

greg63
08-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Why?

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think we should just trot into the season without enough people on the roster, regardless of how bad they suck...

...Just commenting on his suckage that's all; the guy has been a near complete bust.

greg63
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I agree. His passes looked really good and I loved the fact that he was aggressive... took shots down the field. His deep out passes were perfect. Too bad the receivers he was throwing to couldn't hang on to the ball. :-/

...or get both feet in bounds.

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 09:04 AM
[/B]

...Just commenting on his suckage that's all; the guy has been a near complete bust.

And we still NEED him. Can't go into the season with 3 defensive tackles...

Warrior5
08-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Anyone else going tonight?

greg63
08-31-2006, 09:28 AM
And we still NEED him. Can't go into the season with 3 defensive tackles...
I agree, I just wish he was someone who could actually play the position.

Phobia
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM

Somebody who paid too much. I've never paid anything for preseason tixs.

Dartgod
08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Somebody who paid too much. I've never paid anything for preseason tixs.
Are you going tonight?

Inspector
08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
I would prefer to see Trent on the sidelines in street clothes. Heck, LJ too.

Also want to see Croyle with the 1's and have him toss a couple to Gonzales.

ILikeBigTiddys
08-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Are Pollard and Paige supposed to play alot tonight like in the past or are they gonna be sidelined after the first half since they already made the team? Hopefully, they play the whole game to get experience so they can quickly replace So Slow Sammy and that other knucklehead back there.

Dirka Dirka

boogblaster
08-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Croyle needs more snaps..like to see more of Hali at least a half..also the 2 Rooks at Dback..not sure about recievers we really need to pick up someone... BOOG....

BWillie
08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
30 bucks huh? I'll sell my 64 dollar tickets for 30 bucks a piece each. Upper level.. At the 38 yard line..row 37. PM me if interested