PDA

View Full Version : We can still chant to Rock and Roll Part II

ChiefsFan4Life
08-31-2006, 07:22 AM
But the Chiefs version instead of the Gary Glitter one :)

X-Factor reported over at WildBill's that the Chiefs basically copied and made their own version so they could still play it - at least the beat so fans can chant with it :)

Here is his post: http://wildbill.invisionzone.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=10459&view=findpost&p=100948

StcChief
08-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Excellent. I was wondering that since non of his words are used. Arrowhead is then like a very big Karoke .
:p

Fire Me Boy!
08-31-2006, 07:29 AM
Hmmm.... this is what I was suggesting in the big thread about it not being played, and yet I was being accused of supporting a child molester. WIll be interesting to see all the people that are SO against the song now adopt this idea as great.

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
I was against the song and still am.

I can't believe people are so opposed to change that they'll act like children...

ROYC75
08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I was against the song and still am.

I can't believe people are so opposed to change that they'll act like children...

I'm sure you are aware of this, but I must add that change is good to many people when it makes sense. Since people are different, they all see changes differently and to some, they don't like it and it makes no sense.

This is nothing more than like a difference in opinions ( something that rarely happens here on the planet :rolleyes: ) .......... :p

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Well, it makes sense to me.

1) The guy is a child molester.

2) It's JUST a song, and not a real cool one at that...

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
I'll no longer participate in that tradition. If enough others also don't, they'll find something else.

I'm on the wagon with the people who want them to bring back the "GOooooooooooooo" "Chiiiiiiiiiiiefs"
on each side of the stadium pregame though.

greg63
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm 500 posts away from the coveted 10k.

...That is all. :D

ROYC75
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, it makes sense to me.

1) The guy is a child molester.

2) It's JUST a song, and not a real cool one at that...

Your reasons are valid ones....... Reason enough the NFL pulled the plug.

Just it's hard to get 78,000 rabid fans to all agree.......

Fish
08-31-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't mind seeing R&R Pt. II go away for the reason it is..... I just wish the alternatives they offered would have been worth a shit....

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
I thought it sounded the same, but different, at the Rams game.

ROYC75
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM
I'll no longer participate in that tradition. If enough others also don't, they'll find something else.

I'm on the wagon with the people who want them to bring back the "GOooooooooooooo" "Chiiiiiiiiiiiefs"
on each side of the stadium pregame though.

But there will be plenty of others who will...... Question is, how many beers will it take before you do jump in ? Or will you fing yourself singing in out of habit and forgetting about what you feel you need to do ?

E@SHSU
08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
What other offers were there? I'm so confused! I understand they pulled the plug because the guy is a sick individual; but isn't it just a song? If they really wnated to piss him off, too bad they couldn't make the song public domain.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm not a drooling alcoholic and I'm pretty stubborn. I'm personally Done participating. I think I can probably come up with some other way to express my pleasure with a Touchdown.

But there will be plenty of others who will...... Question is, how many beers will it take before you do jump in ? Or will you fing yourself singing in out of habit and forgetting about what you feel you need to do ?

InChiefsHell
08-31-2006, 10:09 AM
So THAT'S what they were playing at the Rams game...I was watching it on TV and I thought it was RRpt2, but it sounded different. Plus, the crowd was singing it like always, but it was confusing...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Brock
08-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Jeezus, isn't it time to move on? It's done, it's over, forget about it.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 10:14 AM
speaking of moving on brock.....about time to move on over to donkeychef and register for some donkey fan smashing.

Brock
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm all signed up. Probably get my draft set up this weekend some time.

chiefqueen
08-31-2006, 10:30 AM
I probably shouldn't write this but in Baltimore and D.C. they chant "you suck" between the "hey's".

Bob Dole
08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Bob Dole is offended by the profanity. It can't stop soon enough.

thurman merman
08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
this is a glorious idea :clap:

Logical
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Your reasons are valid ones....... Reason enough the NFL pulled the plug.

Just it's hard to get 78,000 rabid fans to all agree.......
Yup I don't agree with yanking it, not because I support a child molester, but because I believe after it becomes culturally popular a song transcends the single artist and becomes music that belongs to a generation. This is why so many songs that are popular are remixed and become popular by multiple artists.

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
I heard BOOM on the radio-and I think it would sound gay to yell Boom-no way 78 k get in sync on that one.

ChiefFan31
08-31-2006, 11:28 PM
I like it and want it to stay because its tradition.

I dont give a **** about Gary Glitter. Hopefully he is making an impression of a human toilet over in that Thialand prison.

I personally never even heard of the guy before the story broke out. If we do our own version and dont have to pay royalties to that freak show, then who cares. I dont see why it has to be tied together.

I wouldnt want to stand there with 80G other fans after a score and not be able to sing that chant...

BWillie
09-01-2006, 12:54 AM
God Damn it Gary Glitter..why did you have to go touching children!!! Did they play the new version at the Rams game.. it sounded like something different?

greg63
09-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I probably shouldn't write this but in Baltimore and D.C. they chant "you suck" between the "hey's".
:shake:

Demonpenz
09-01-2006, 01:31 AM
i don't know why you think it's arrowheads song. rock and roll is played at every sporting event every. I even see it at the lunar bowl monday nights

The Dude Abides
09-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Yup I don't agree with yanking it, not because I support a child molester, but because I believe after it becomes culturally popular a song transcends the single artist and becomes music that belongs to a generation. This is why so many songs that are popular are remixed and become popular by multiple artists.
I agree. Keep the song, everybody is to uptight

jspchief
09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
So anyone at the game last night... did they play an "original" song that fit the traditional TD chant?

Just curious if this is true and how it sounded.

Dartgod
09-01-2006, 07:42 AM
So anyone at the game last night... did they play an "original" song that fit the traditional TD chant?

Just curious if this is true and how it sounded.
The TD Pack Band played it and it sounded fine. It seemed like half the crowd chanted and the other half didn't.

I was in the half that did.

Fire Me Boy!
09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
The TD Pack Band played it and it sounded fine. It seemed like half the crowd chanted and the other half didn't.

I was in the half that did.
I think the problem was only half the stadium was there.