PDA

View Full Version : NBC futher solidifies the pussification of America

Duck Dog
08-31-2006, 08:05 AM
.......by having Pink sing the intro to Sunday night football.

Pink has created "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night," set to Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You," with new lyrics, NBC said Wednesday.

Fair and Balanced link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,211383,00.html)

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:08 AM
They're just catering to the traget SNF demographic, 13-17 year old girls.

We chose Pink as the signature voice because she is a tremendous talent with a crossover appeal that makes her relevant to all segments of our audience," said Fred Gaudelli, who will produce the Sunday night broadcasts for NBC.

Are you :cuss: serious? Yeah, let's start a poll about how many of us own Pink albums.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:08 AM
How can a network be so far removed from their demographic?

Didn't anyone learn anything from Ashley Simpson singing at that bowl game?

Moooo
08-31-2006, 08:09 AM

All commercial music is weak. They're just trying to make money, that's all...

Hank Jr. will probably stay with ESPN, and its not like you want to copy his style when you're trying to make a new thing happen...

Moooo

rageeumr
08-31-2006, 08:10 AM

What, you don't see the overlap in the target demographics?

rageeumr
08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
damn.. only the third one to make the same point

Baby Lee
08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
It'll be the perfect blend of sad and funny when Pink kicks your everlovin' ass. ;)

Bootlegged
08-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Pink and football go together like milk and gin.

Unless she's nude.

HC_Chief
We chose Pink as the signature voice because she is a tremendous talent with a crossover appeal that makes her relevant to all segments of our audience," said Fred Gaudelli, who will produce the Sunday night broadcasts for NBC.

Yep, sounds like typical network suit f*cktardspeak.

jidar
How can a network be so far removed from their demographic?

Didn't anyone learn anything from Ashley Simpson singing at that bowl game?

I keep hearing that the NFL spans all demographics.

htismaqe
It'll be the perfect blend of sad and funny when Pink kicks your everlovin' ass. ;)

Yep.

She's a tough bitch.

keg in kc
08-31-2006, 08:14 AM
The idea isn't to cater to us. We'll already watch.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 08:15 AM
The idea isn't to cater to us. We'll already watch.

DING!!!!!

Moooo

Robo-Chachi
I think there was some confusion when they polled drunken middle aged guys;

"Can I ask you some questions regarding SNF?"
"Suuuurrre"
"Do you like pink?"
"You know it baby."
"Would you like to see pink on SNF?"
"Hell yeah, can you get that Rachel Nichols broad from ESPN?!"
"What is your overall opinion on pink?"
"Like daddy always said, 'Two in the pink, one in the stink'.

Amnorix
Who cares? Honestly.

I'd be happy if they got rid of sideline reporters and all the stupid sideshows and just showed the game. Nothing irritates me more than focusing on the sideline reporters and junk while PLAYS are actually happening on the field. :mad:

Duck Dog
08-31-2006, 08:16 AM

I'm sure she'll rock my ass off, especially since the music I listen to ranges from Slipknot to Korn and from Mudvayne to Godsmack. That twickle toed little red headed bitch couldn't make me tap my fingers.

HC_Chief
08-31-2006, 08:17 AM
Who cares? Honestly.

I'd be happy if they got rid of sideline reporters and all the stupid sideshows and just showed the game. Nothing irritates me more than focusing on the sideline reporters and junk while PLAYS are actually happening on the field. :mad:

Oh come now, you know you loved seeing Broadway Joe trying to score w/ Suzy Kolber

Baby Lee
08-31-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm sure she'll rock my ass off, especially since the music I listen to ranges from Slipknot to Korn and from Mudvayne to Godsmack. That twickle toed little red headed bitch couldn't make me tap my fingers.
I'm not talking about the music kicking your ass, posuer. I'm talking about her kicking you in the gooch then kneeing you in the melon.

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:19 AM
I'd just like to say, I still miss her so much it hurts.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2003-05-12-inside-stark.jpg

Moooo
08-31-2006, 08:20 AM

You should see the redhead on Sportscenter who does some of the on-site reporting... :drool:

Moooo

Duck Dog
08-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm not talking about the music kicking your ass, posuer. I'm talking about her kicking you in the gooch then kneeing you in the melon.

If you're looking to insult me, at least spell it right.

Bootlegged
08-31-2006, 08:21 AM

ah, the Stark.

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:23 AM
You should see the redhead on Sportscenter who does some of the on-site reporting... :drool:

Moooo

Rachel Nichols. I already mentioned her in an earlier post. :drool: indeed.

rad
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM

Moooo

Rachel Nichols?

Yes.

Sully
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM

You spelled "twinkle" wrong. :p

Baby Lee
08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
Why would I need to insult you. You're the one dancing around

"Ahm a tuff guy. I watch foosball and listen to Korn. Mah dick gets so hard you can't twist the foreskin with Matco."

Duck Dog
08-31-2006, 08:25 AM
You spelled "twinkle" wrong. :p

Yes but I spelled twickle perfectly!

Archie F. Swin
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
I guess you didn't hear the Pink and Bocephus arm wrestled for the gig. Hanks nuts still hurt

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Rachel Nichols?

Yes.

Apparantly she's not the only "Rachel Nichols". A Google search brought up some pretty nice pics of someone who isn't an ESPN reporter.

Duck Dog
08-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Why would I need to insult you. You're the one dancing around

"Ahm a tuff guy. I watch foosball and listen to Korn. Mah dick gets so hard you can't twist the foreskin with Matco."

I knew my comments about Pink would upset someone, didn't figure you'd be the one to get the sandy gina over it.

Baby Lee
08-31-2006, 08:33 AM
I knew my comments about Pink would upset someone, didn't figure you'd be the one to get the sandy gina over it.
I wasn't upset. The first comment I was joking with you the first time [note the ;)]. Then you went all Icy Hot Stuntaz and I just got sad for you, that's all.

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 08:33 AM

Who's upset?

I don't see anyone here that LIKES her music.

Just people that think she's butch and would kick your ass. :D

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:35 AM
Icy Hot Stuntaz

There's a phrase that doesn't get used enough.

ncognito
08-31-2006, 08:36 AM
The reality is guys/gals like us, diehard football fans, will tune in no matter who is singing. Even if we hate it, and bitch and moan about it, we'll still be contributing our share of the ratings.

They are looking for new blood, the target audience isn't you. You're already hooked in.

jidar
08-31-2006, 08:37 AM

That's quite a range of music there. You're really all over the musical spectrum.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:39 AM
The reality is guys/gals like us, diehard football fans, will tune in no matter who is singing. Even if we hate it, and bitch and moan about it, we'll still be contributing our share of the ratings.

They are looking for new blood, the target audience isn't you. You're already hooked in.Yea, but who are they kidding? It's not like the Jr high Pink fanclub is going to get together to catch Pink on Sunday night and suddenly crack out the beer and pretzels to catch the game.

How many people are going to say "Hmm, I usually don't watch 3 hours of football, but now that they have a 60 second Pink promo at the beginning of every game...."?

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:40 AM

They are looking for new blood, the target audience isn't you. You're already hooked in.

Sure, that's understandable. But who is going to honestly say, "I like Pink so I think I'll tune in to see her sing this song....that was great. I think I'll watch this 3 hour football game now!"

They could have my favorite band do the intro for Gilmore Girls. It isn't going to make me watch it.

Why can't they just come up with a instrumental theme like MNF and use that? Something to identify with the show.

ck_IN
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
<i>Who cares? Honestly.

I'd be happy if they got rid of sideline reporters and all the stupid sideshows and just showed the game. Nothing irritates me more than focusing on the sideline reporters and junk while PLAYS are actually happening on the field.</i>

We have a winner. One of my favourite games was several years back when the network didn't even have broadcasters, they simply showed the game. I'd be just fine without the cheesecake reporters and ex-jocks.

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:41 AM
There needs to be a merge 2 posts function.

jspchief
08-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Is there an echo in here?

ROYC75
08-31-2006, 08:43 AM

I wonder what Phobia is going to say about this ? http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/nana2.gif

ck_IN
08-31-2006, 08:44 AM
As for her music I kinda like her. She's a little in the mold of Janis Joplin who is my all time favourite. I don't ownw a Pink CD but I have a few of her singles on my mp3 player.

I doubt though that I'll catch this tune because I rarely tune in until 10 minutes past the listed start time. That way I miss all the commentary and nonsensical pregame garbage.

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 08:45 AM
"Echo?!!?"

http://www.dizzybint.com/80sMemories/Movies/goonies3.gif

Fried Meat Ball!
08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
I'd be just fine without the cheesecake reporters and ex-jocks.
I thought jocks were kinda like Marines... once a jock always a jock.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Why do they require intro music anyway?

If Iowanian were the exec in charge, each week's game would begin with sounds of the home stadiums and players of each team in the evening's contest.

The music would be roaring crowds, smashing helmets, player soundbytes smashing pads, roaring crowds...Color man...bring it on.

ck_IN
08-31-2006, 08:54 AM
<i>I thought jocks were kinda like Marines... once a jock always a jock.</i>

Whatever Troy Aikman is I could do without his blatherings about how team x has to be more physical then team y. Jee it's tackle football, you think being physical is a good thing Troy?

Frazod
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't watch the intro, or whatever alleged entertainment crap they subject me to at halftime. I don't care for any of the overraught extraneous bullshit they come up with. MNF has become pretty much unwatchable, and I assume SNF will follow suit. I'll basically only watch games involving us or direct rivals. I'd rather drink bleach than watch a Cowgirls/Giants game and listen to the announcers endlessly felate the NFC East.

JBucc
08-31-2006, 08:57 AM

If Iowanian were the exec in charge, each week's game would begin with sounds of the home stadiums and players of each team in the evening's contest.

The music would be roaring crowds, smashing helmets, player soundbytes smashing pads, roaring crowds...Color man...bring it on.Kind of like how they do college football games

Fried Meat Ball!
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Whatever Troy Aikman is I could do without his blatherings about how team x has to be more physical then team y. Jee it's tackle football, you think being physical is a good thing Troy?
Tackling is pretty big in the NFL.

Robo-Chachi
08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
I think everyone can agree, we want "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins blaring to open every game.

stevieray
08-31-2006, 10:27 AM
I don't watch the intro, or whatever alleged entertainment crap they subject me to at halftime. I don't care for any of the overraught extraneous bullshit they come up with. MNF has become pretty much unwatchable, and I assume SNF will follow suit. I'll basically only watch games involving us or direct rivals. I'd rather drink bleach than watch a Cowgirls/Giants game and listen to the announcers endlessly felate the NFC East.

I've never liked the concept of overselling something that already sells itself, but I understand why it's happening...

And it's only going to get worse.

patteeu
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Pink is no Ashley Simpson (and I mean that in a positive way). I'll cop to thinking she makes some pretty decent music. As for the intro, I'll reserve judgement until I see it. Either way, it's not going to make or ruin my viewing experience.

tk13
08-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm amazed they didn't just go all the way into the lame zone and have her sing "Get the party started".

Saulbadguy
08-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Shut the **** UP. All of you.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2006, 12:25 PM

The music would be roaring crowds, smashing helmets, player soundbytes smashing pads, roaring crowds...Color man...bring it on.
We will watch the football game anyways. They want to market to a demographic who may or may not watch the game, or could care less about the game.

ImAWalkingCorpse
08-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Rachel Nichols?

Yes.

I'd hit it...

Pitt Gorilla
08-31-2006, 12:45 PM
I must be honest; I didn't know Sunday Night Football had a theme. You'll have to excuse me as I mainly turn in for the football. Well, that and I have no idea who pink is. Could you fill me in, Duck Dog?

Calcountry
08-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Didn't anyone learn anything from Ashley Simpson singing at that bowl game?I can still hear her screaching and the fans booing.

Calcountry
08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Who cares? Honestly.

I'd be happy if they got rid of sideline reporters and all the stupid sideshows and just showed the game. Nothing irritates me more than focusing on the sideline reporters and junk while PLAYS are actually happening on the field. :mad:On the contrary, they should dress sideline reporters like Vegas Showgirls.

Calcountry
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh come now, you know you loved seeing Broadway Joe trying to score w/ Suzy KolberThat was classic football TV.

Frankly, I am surprised that they haven't used that as a trailer ad for the upcoming season as one "memorable moment."

Wasn't John Lennon shot announced at MNF as well?

They should show that as a memorable moment trailer as well.

R&GHomer
08-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Pink and football go together like milk and gin.

Unless she's nude.

Exactly... An intro with Pink showing some pink would get me fired up for some Sunday night football. :)

|Zach|
08-31-2006, 04:05 PM
ROFL