PDA

View Full Version : The Office

luv
08-31-2006, 02:28 PM
I have a friend who is loaning me his copies of The Big Lebowski and the first season of The Office. I know what to expect with The Big Lebowski. I've seen small parts of it. I know it's definitely a guy flick. I've seen a few things on here about The Office, but don't really remember. I know people like it, but should I be prepared for it to be another "guy" type of show?

ChiefsFan4Life
08-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Which version are you talking about? US version or British?

I can only speak for the US Version but it's DEFINITELY not just a "guy" show. This show is hilarious on all levels - I love it, my younger brother loves it, my wife loves it, and my parents love it - just to give you an idea of what variety of people that find it funny

It didn't win an emmy only appealing to "guys"

Brock
09-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Either version is funny as hell.

Robo-Chachi
09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Either version is funny as hell.

Ditto. I just started watching my copies of the UK one again yesterday.

US Office season 2 comes out on DVD the 21st or something.

jspchief
09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
It's not a guy show. If you've ever worked in an office, or for that matter have ever worked period, you'll enjoy it.

IMO it's the best thing on TV right now.

Iowanian
09-01-2006, 09:30 AM
I didn't like the Office initially. The type of humor didn't appeal to me, but finally the switch clicked after 3-4 episodes(I kept watching because you guys kept saying how funny it was) and find it pretty amuzing now.

I've never seen the BBC version, but I did notice it was on the dish the other night.

Cochise
09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
It's only for people with a sense of humor. If you've got one of those, it rocks.

Baby Lee
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Saw 'The Dundees' again last night.

Michael trying to do the "O.P.P" rap with modified lyrics, and the cue cards, and Ryan holding the cue cards like Tony 'Inky' Mendez, and the hoodie, and not taking the original rap out of the mix so Michael's trying to rap over it, and Michael losing the rhythm, then staring into the camera pissed and frustrated and embarassed and sad all at once, all in the middle of a Chilis?

Sublime.

The sweet pain of realizing that someone or someones put a lot of work into it, just not enough to keep it from sucking ass.

luv
09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
It's the US version. I keep hearing how funny it is. This is the same guy who turned me on to Entourage. I trust his judgement. Got DVD in hand. Think that will help occupy part of my weekend.