PDA

View Full Version : Post your XFL crap in here...

Bob Dole
12-19-2000, 02:11 PM
Hate to trash up an otherwise perfectly good thread about QB decisions, so here.

XFL season starts 2/3/2001. The XFL is jointly owned by WWFE,Inc. and NBC. Saturday night games will be broadcast on NBC. Sunday games will be broadcast on TNN and UPN.

Here are the web sites:
http://www.xfl.com http://www.upn.com/upn.html http://www.country.com/tnn/program/xfl/program-xfl-f.html

Spott
12-19-2000, 02:17 PM
Maybe Elvis Grbac can be picked up by one of the XFL franchises. Did anyone know that he has never won a playoff game?

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Iowanian
12-19-2000, 02:19 PM
Is there going to be a sand box to cover up my xfl crap?

Mark M
12-19-2000, 02:25 PM
I will lose any respect I have for any of you if you watch any of these games. Not because of the type of football, but because McMayhem is a f*cking dolt.

Please oh please oh please tell me you guys do not watch pro wrestling. Talk about catering to the LCD.

MM
~~Hates to think he associates with wrestling fans.

Spott
12-19-2000, 02:28 PM
I don't watch any of that wrestling crap, but I had considered going to see the Orlando Rage games.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Bob Dole
Bob Dole doesn't watch Pro Wrestling, other than a few instances to figure out who the hell Diesel was.

Bob Dole will probably watch game the first week and make a decision from there.

KCTitus
MarkM: I will watch the first couple of games mainly to see how the rules changes play out.

If it turns out to be another version of WWF, it wont interest me.

Dont watch Wrestling or Blue Collar Ballet is it could also be called.

Iowanian
12-19-2000, 02:31 PM
I'm hoping the xfl is like "football methadone"...just enough of a fix to get me by.

Mark M
12-19-2000, 02:35 PM
To be honest, guys, I'll probably check out the first game or two myself.

I think I'm just scared as hell that I'll find it interesting. :eek:

I'd hate to be a part of Yahoo America, ya know.

MM
~~Hopes he finds something else to watch in February.

One Arrowhead Dave
12-19-2000, 03:56 PM
I bought an XFL football to throw around. It came with a micro-mini ball too that I gave to my K9(lasted 30 seconds). The "toughest football ever" looks pretty cool (black ball w/ red stripes in a similar pattern to a baseball) The shape of the ball seems to be more like the college ball but I haven't compared them.
As far as the games, I will certainly check them out. I love football. It is a scab league though.....

------------------
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

redhed
12-19-2000, 04:05 PM
I read a coupla posts down where SOMEboby was trashing the world-class athletes of professional wrestling. These guys are the best athletes in ANY sport! With the punishment these men take, it's a wonder they can walk the next day! Sometimes they even get hit with chairs and tables and bottles!
The toughest sport in the USA!
;)

heeheehee

Frazod
12-19-2000, 04:09 PM
I'm willing to check this out. Even bad football is better than no football. I like the World League as well, but the games aren't televised at regular times.

Bob Dole
12-19-2000, 04:26 PM
It appears that NBC's involvement with the XFL has guaranteed that it will be televised regularly each week of the season. Looks like there will be 3 games available each week, if you have NBC, TNN and UPN.

Bwana
12-19-2000, 04:35 PM
Can't stand the WWF crap, or McMann, but I will tune in to check out the football. I am going to test the "anything is better than no football theory."

bishop_74
12-19-2000, 04:42 PM
I hate wrestling too. But I even stoop to arena league football, and closer yet NFL Europe because of the NFL players. I can't stand not seeing it. I always cry when the Chiefs season is over...

WisChief
12-19-2000, 04:47 PM
"Dont watch Wrestling or Blue Collar Ballet is it could also be called."

Watch it Titus!! There are two of us Blue Collar Garbage men here that might just take exception to your comment and put the claw or figure 4 leg lock on your smart arss!!
:p

heehee

pretty strong guy from hauling trash all day

[This message has been edited by WisChief (edited 12-19-2000).]

Archie F. Swin
12-19-2000, 04:55 PM
What is the XFL? and how does it differ from NFL football?

WisChief
12-19-2000, 04:57 PM
CRP - why don't you have a razz or wink on there? :p ;)

not sure if your serious?

Mark M
12-19-2000, 06:49 PM
I can't believe I'm bringing this up to the top, but . . .

I will watch the first game to see what happens. I watch NFLE, Arena, CFL (even have an Argos cap and beer stein) and...scarily enough...I watched the Rockhurst game on Metro sports.

Those guys could kick MU's a$$...and probably the Chiefs, given the right conditions. :p

MM
~~Loves football in all of its forms...hates wrestling...sorry Wis! :D

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 12-19-2000).]

Archie F. Swin
12-19-2000, 06:51 PM
I'm serious . . . I've heard of the XFL but I've never heard an explination of what it is

Mark M
12-19-2000, 06:55 PM
CRP--
Check out FB Bob Dole's links.

MM
~~Just trying to help. BTW, it's freaking cold in my basement!

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

WisChief
12-19-2000, 08:13 PM
CRP,

I wasn't trying to be a smartarss about that, I just was wondering if you were serious, as it seems every post kinda takes that twist :D

here you go: http://www.xfl.com/

DJay23
12-20-2000, 08:36 AM
Like most of you, curiosity will get the best of me and I will probably catch some of the first games if I have time. However, I seriously doubt I will become a fan or even watch with any kind of regularity.

A)Can't stand that wrestling crap and thinks there may be "scripts" involved in the whole thing.

B)Football with third tier players is third tier football. Sure some games may be good, but in my opinion if you're going to watch a good football game with low skilled players, you might as well go support your local high school team in the fall too. (A lot of people don't).

C) I guess I am a football purist at heart, but I can't root for teams with names like "X-treme" or "Maniax". Being a member of generation X I resent the label and am sick of seeing that letter show up in everything that is supposed to be "cool" or "edgy".

D) There's no team in Kansas City.

redhed
12-20-2000, 10:26 AM
DJay23: YES, ALL of pro 'wrestling' is scripted! I hope I didn't burst anyone's bubble with this highly classified info.

I'm with you on supporting your local high school teams!

XFL?!? Who cares?!?! College BB is going on!<BR>

DJay23
12-20-2000, 11:12 AM
redhed, thanks for pointing that out to me, I didn't word that the way I was thinking it. What I had intended was to say WWF is scripted so there is a chance that the XFL will be too.

I agree about college ball. Who needs more football when we can watch the JAYHAWKS!!!

[This message has been edited by DJay23 (edited 12-20-2000).]

Brock
12-20-2000, 11:15 AM
There are legitimate coaches working in this league. To think that Rusty Tillman or Ron Meyer would participate in fixed games is ridiculous. It's going to be a legitimate competition.

redhed
12-20-2000, 11:39 AM
DJay: That's a wrinkle I hadn't thought about. There probably will be some scripting. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. I can hear McMahon now: "It makes the games more interesting!"<P>