PDA

View Full Version : Old guitar new look

Over-Head
09-08-2006, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine is going to re-finish one of my "Frankenstein Strats" I had wayyyy back when.Much like EVH I too had mixed matched parts to make up my guitars.
I wanted the Charvell neck, but always liked the Fender body better for some reason.
I tried to make one look like the cross swords one Warren Demartini
But didnít have the swords right.
Anyway, I took and old Charvell neck I had laying around, mated it up to a Kramer body, and my buddie is gonna air brush it for me.
What a great day this is :)

ZepSinger
09-09-2006, 10:46 AM
A friend of mine is going to re-finish one of my "Frankenstein Strats" I had wayyyy back when.Much like EVH I too had mixed matched parts to make up my guitars.
I wanted the Charvell neck, but always liked the Fender body better for some reason.
I tried to make one look like the cross swords one Warren Demartini
But didnít have the swords right.
Anyway, I took and old Charvell neck I had laying around, mated it up to a Kramer body, and my buddie is gonna air brush it for me.
What a great day this is :)

TTIWWP
(This thread is worthless without pics)

:)

Braincase
09-09-2006, 02:53 PM
It's fun to fool around with guitars. I've spent a big chuck of yesterday and today angle-grinding and oscillatin' the drum sander on a few guitar bodies I'm working on... goal is to get the bodies under 4 lb's apiece.

htismaqe
09-10-2006, 05:10 AM
It's fun to fool around with guitars. I've spent a big chuck of yesterday and today angle-grinding and oscillatin' the drum sander on a few guitar bodies I'm working on... goal is to get the bodies under 4 lb's apiece.

You're the man! I've always complained that most guitars are too heavy.

I've been playing high-end Washburn's for years because they've struck the balance between lightweight and killer tone...

Braincase
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
You're the man! I've always complained that most guitars are too heavy.

I've been playing high-end Washburn's for years because they've struck the balance between lightweight and killer tone...

That's what I really love about my Warmoth. Body is LP, but it's chambered. When I get a little more comfortable with this whole guitar building process, I'l definitely do some chambered axes. Makes 'em easier to enjoy when they aren't plugged in.

Halfcan
09-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I like Ovation personally.