PDA

View Full Version : Okay, fess up - who still has 8-tracks?

Nightwish
09-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I was digging through some old boxes in my storage room earlier, and came across a few 8-track tapes I had forgotten I still had. Of course, I no longer have anything to play them on, but I'll bet they'll still play. The ones I found were:

KISS - Love Gun
KISS - Destroyer
Foreigner - Double Vision
Foreigner - Head Games
REO Speedwagon - Nine Lives
ELO - Time
ELO - Discovery
Bee Gees - Spirits Having Flown (I kid you not!)

So who else still has some of these ancient relics lying around?

Rain Man
09-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Those are all old groups. Don't you have any with modern groups?

My eight-tracks are long, long gone. In fact, my LP albums are all long-gone, too. I may still have a casette tape or two somewhere in basement, but I doubt it.

Nightwish
09-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Those are all old groups. Don't you have any with modern groups?
As far as I know, nobody has made them in years, thus there wouldn't be any with modern groups, unless somebody manufactured some out of a sense of nostalgia.

As far as LP's, I had my collection stolen a few years back, which really pissed me off, because it had a few gems in it, including the nude cover of Buckingham/Nicks, the nude cover of Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, and an original pressing of Styx - The Serpent is Rising (with the collage cover, prior to their moving off the Wooden Nickle label and rereleasing it with the shortened title, The Serpent).

StcChief
09-09-2006, 04:20 PM
x MIL has a 8 track recorder

Nightwish
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
x MIL has a 8 track recorder
Somebody still produces those things?

StcChief
09-09-2006, 06:37 PM
It's old as hell...years ago I told her to save it for the Smithsonian

Stinger
09-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Don't have them any more but before ipods, mp3s, diskmans, and walkman, and boom-boxes. I had one of these

http://www.nomadtribe.com/ebay/GE8track_6.jpg

Man a portable 8 track didn't need the car or home stero and it was only the size of a small luggage carry-on. ROFL :)

ZepSinger
09-09-2006, 08:49 PM

I wish I knew someone who had an 8 track deck. The first gig I ever played(1976), I have on an 8 track tape. I would love to get it from that medium into the digital domain...

Z

JBucc
09-09-2006, 09:06 PM
My dad has this little suitcase thing that plays those. I think he still has some elvis ones.