PDA

View Full Version : keyboard problems

chiefbowe82
09-09-2006, 04:39 PM
i appear to be having keyboard problems up until friday my shift key worked perfectly now both of them will not work i have restarted my computer, unplugged and plugged in the keyboard...cleaned the keyboard out a bit...done virus scans hehe.............and nothing has worked i must of done something to accidently disable it...........does anyone know of a possible solution
thanks-go kc

DaFace
09-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Keyboards are cheap. Buy a new one.

That sounds harsh, but you basically have to take the keyboard apart and manage to get it back together again right in order to fix one. It's not worth the trouble.

JBucc
09-09-2006, 04:41 PM
pee on a bum

JBucc
09-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah just buy a new one. Unless it's a laptop. Then I'm not sure what you could do.

Blindside58
09-09-2006, 04:51 PM
are you sure you you don't have sticky keys on? If you do, Go to Control Panel>Accessibility options and uncheck sticky keys....some computers automatically turn it on if you hit shift 5 times real fast. It is also a great joke to do to a co-workers keyboard when he steps away and doesn't log out!

KcMizzou
09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
You can get a new one for next to nothing.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2006, 05:10 PM
are you sure you you don't have sticky keys on? If you do, Go to Control Panel>Accessibility options and uncheck sticky keys....some computers automatically turn it on if you hit shift 5 times real fast. It is also a great joke to do to a co-workers keyboard when he steps away and doesn't log out!
nice call :clap:

agreed ........ it's much more likely to be a software problem than having both shift keys all the sudden go bad.

DaFace
09-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't stickykeys get turned off after a restart?

Mr. Laz
09-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't stickykeys get turned off after a restart?
not in my experience

usually they haunt you like the ghost of a ex, who died of a heart attack, after she found you in bed with her sister.

chiefbowe82
09-09-2006, 07:01 PM
sticky keys were not marked...thanks for the suggestion though =]

Mr. Laz
09-09-2006, 07:04 PM
sticky keys were not marked...thanks for the suggestion though =]
got another computer you can switch the keyboard out with to find out for sure?

Simplex3
09-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Leave a bowl of antifreeze out for it.

chiefbowe82
09-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Well I got the keyboard I had with the computer downstairs I can now type capital letter ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ yay! The other keyboard does not work with the other computer though :(....the other computer is used seldom and has not internet so it's no prob

Logical
09-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Well I got the keyboard I had with the computer downstairs I can now type capital letter ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ yay! The other keyboard does not work with the other computer though :(....the other computer is used seldom and has not internet so it's no probA cheap keyboard is 10 or so bucks, hopefully you can afford a replacement.