PDA

View Full Version : Already missing Dick Vermiel and Al Saunders!

chiefsfan1963
09-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I do think we will get better on Defense and Offense as the season progresses, but DV and AS were just plain better coaches and coordinators. Solari has potential but he has big shoes to fill. Herm is no DV. Playing to win is not in his vocabulary, and ultimately will frustrate the hell out of us in the coming years.

Losing a home opener will be tough for us, but may be what we need to finish out this season strong.

SNR
09-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Uhh... no. I don't miss Vermeil at all. If Vermeil were here it could be 28-14. No better

DonJaun
09-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I miss Vermiel and Saunders no doubt. They had common sence enough to know you need to jump out on teams Expecialy at home. You dont lose the Home opener. Damit Herm.

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Ok, open it up boys

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 12:13 PM
That run up the middle on 3rd and five is a metaphor for this entire regime. We're done for the next three years.

Ultra Peanut
And by "Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders" you mean "Willie Roaf," right?

Right?

DonJaun
Uhh... no. I don't miss Vermeil at all. If Vermeil were here it could be 28-14. No better
Ah yes getting our ass kicked 17-3 at home in the first half is much better.

SNR
09-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Ah yes getting our ass kicked 17-3 at home in the first half is much better.That's why I said "no better" you twat

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Lets see if Herm and Solari open the O up in the second half. It's obvious KC misses Willie but they can still run Cincy down with the O we have on the field. Lets see if the adjustments and playcalling are there. If the O sticks it in then the D will get some momentum and we'll have a ballgame. If not.......

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 12:18 PM
And by "Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders" you mean "Willie Roaf," right?

Right?

That third and five run up the middle just castrated our entire team.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
The coaches have 0 to do with the fact that the Chiefs can't protect Green and when he gets rattled he sucks. No coach can do anything about that.

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2006, 12:21 PM
That third and five run up the middle just castrated our entire team.Cue the "not this shit again" macro.

LARRY JOHNSON. DO YOU COMPREHEND THE NAME?

I'm sure Dante giving away all of the momentum had NOTHING to do with it. No, it's all Herm's fault for having the audacity to trust one of the best running backs in the league after he'd been butt****ing the Bengals the entire drive.

What's been castrated is our offensive line.

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 12:22 PM
It was a bad call on 3rd and five but to say it's a defining moment in the season is silly.

FringeNC
09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I am one of the bigger Vermeil - Saunders fans, and I am not yet ready to blame Edwards for the offense.

What I will blame Edwards and Peterson for is not cutting ties with Gunther Cunningham.

ChiefsfaninPA
It's the white jerseys I tell ya.

DonJaun
That's why I said "no better" you twat
Im saying i would feel better if we were moving the Ball #1

I would feel better if we could sniff the Endzone # 2

I would rather lose 28-14 cause then at least that means we are moving the ball..

17-3 means we arent doing shit.

Twat? Im pissed too.

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I am one of the bigger Vermeil - Saunders fans, and I am not yet ready to blame Edwards for the offense.

What I will blame Edwards and Peterson for is not cutting ties with Gunther Cunningham.

I don't think you can blame Gunther. On the 3rd and two call he blitzed Kawika right up the gut and he missed Rudy 5 yards behind the LOS. On the sweep that was a TD Jared got put on his ass like he was Eric Hicks and our new DT (REID) completely missed the tackle and their OT blocked our safety and that was it. There's a lot of game to be played but it's all up to the coaches to call and aggressive game in the second half and the players have got to execute. This team is definately in flux but that was to be expected.

Iowanian
Screw that.

Its not Vermiel that isn't making in game adjustments on Defense.....It wouldn't be Saunders getting blown off the line on both sides of the ball.

I don't know what Weigeman did this offseason, but it obviously wasn't "work out". He looks like Ass.
Its no surprise that HWY65 can't play Tackle.....

Deberg_1990
The offense needs to adjust. The tackles are not as good as the past 3 years so Trent doesnt have as much time to throw. They need to run shorter patterns and shorter QB drops. Get rid of the ball quicker. Common sense.

chief2000
Dick Vermeil won a friggin SUPERBOWL.

He was given personel decisions. Thats where the f-up happened.

SNR
09-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Im saying i would feel better if we were moving the Ball #1

I would feel better if we could sniff the Endzone # 2

I would rather lose 28-14 cause then at least that means we are moving the ball..

17-3 means we arent doing shit.

Twat? Im pissed too.Welcome to Chiefsplanet gameday

Iowanian
09-10-2006, 12:27 PM
I wish some of you whining nags would pull your panties back up.

There are still 2 quarters to go, and the game is within reach. The only thing this shit is doing, is giving Donk fans something to quote.

DonJaun
09-10-2006, 12:27 PM
The offense needs to adjust. The tackles are not as good as the past 3 years so Trent doesnt have as much time to throw. They need to run shorter patterns and shorter QB drops. Get rid of the ball quicker. Common sense.
Thats what happend to Miami. Pittsburg just sat on those short routes at the end of the game. Thats how Daunte got picked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I don't think you can blame Gunther. On the 3rd and two call he blitzed Kawika right up the gut and he missed Rudy 5 yards behind the LOS. On the sweep that was a TD Jared got put on his ass like he was Eric Hicks and our new DT (REID) completely missed the tackle and he was in the zone.

It was the Cover 2, not the Gunter D that got absolutely annihilated on that 88 yard drive. They just kept running that 8-12 yard dig with Johnson and killing the zone. We don't have the personnel (read defensive line) to run the cover 2.

GoHuge
09-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Lets see if Herm and Solari open the O up in the second half. It's obvious KC misses Willie but they can still run Cincy down with the O we have on the field. Lets see if the adjustments and playcalling are there. If the O sticks it in then the D will get some momentum and we'll have a ballgame. If not.......What do you mean by open it up? There play calling has been anything but conservative. They've run two reverses, passed 12 times, and ran it 10. Seems wide open where just not protecting Trent. Our O-line is getting ate up and our D is lost.

DonJaun
09-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Welcome to Chiefsplanet gameday
Thanks! I can feel the Love.

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 12:30 PM
What do you mean by open it up? There play calling has been anything but conservative. They've run two reverses, passed 12 times, and ran it 10. Seems wide open where just not protecting Trent. Our O-line is getting ate up and our D is lost.

You've got a point. I agree the players need to execute but I don't want KC to get conservative on offense. Trent has got to continue to take his shots downfield even if he takes some hits.

FringeNC
09-10-2006, 12:33 PM
**** Gunther! How many seasons are we going to let him ruin?

chiefsfan1963
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM
It's a combination of a lot of factors. Solari has got a lot to contend with, not the least is Herm and a completely different mindset than DV and AS. Also isn't this his first time as OC? Not an easy transition especially following AS. Anyway we have Herm and I will give him the benefit of the doubt, but I was much more excited when DV and AS first came to KC compared to when I heard Herm was to be our next HC . It's too bad AS didn't get the chance to be our HC. I would be more optimistic rightly or wrongly about our prospects in 2006. The good news is this is CP last HC hire before he finally leaves and gives the reins to some new blood. I'm looking forward to that day.

htismaqe
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
ROFL

It's time to start blaming Herm for yet another example of PISS POOR EXECUTION.

SNR
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
ROFL

It's time to start blaming Herm for yet another example of PISS POOR EXECUTION.Speaking of Vermeil, Vermeil would blame a loss like this on the coaches. Poor execution is a coaching issue, he always said.

the Talking Can
09-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Running it "up the butt" on 3rd and 5 in the red zone is the football equivelant of giving up.

Our D only gave up 17 points though (the other 3 are Dante's fault)...which is something...still a loss any way you slice it...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Vermeil took teams to two Super Bowls. Herm has taken teams to what, two winning seasons?? He's a f*cking joke.

NaptownChief
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
My expectation of Herm Average are such that I am not at all disappointed after todays game. Defense was decent and offense was terrible. Right in line with what I expect from Herm.

chiefsfan1963
09-10-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm not panicky yet. Our division is going to have 3 0-1 teams come Monday. I hope Trent is able to play, b/c if he can't were done no matter what Herm does.