PDA

View Full Version : Target Carson Palmer's knee

KCChiefsFan88
09-10-2006, 02:07 PM
That was one of the most BLATANTLY cheap shots I've seen in a while. And the refs who seem to be too obsessed with monitoring offensive pass interference calls on Samie Parker to worry about protecting the QB should all be fined by the NFL for that no-call.

Now the Chiefs defense owes it to Trent to "return the favor" to the Bengals and take dead aim at Carson Palmer's knee. I don't give a shit what Herm was telling them... it is like in baseball when your guy is hit by a pitch... you STRIKE back... you AIM for the head if necessary.

JimNasium
09-10-2006, 02:09 PM
WTF is wrong with you? :shake:

vailpass
09-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Spoken like a true Miami Hurricane.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Palmer didn't do it. However, I'd have no problem seeing one of our guys completely ****ing ruin the guy who did.

siberian khatru
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
WTF is wrong with you? :shake:

Hey, you started it with your "we are doomed" thread.

:p

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
It's time for some Denver blocks.

JimNasium
09-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey, you started it with your "we are doomed" thread.

:p
Well, we are.....aren't we?

siberian khatru
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Well, we are.....aren't we?

I hope someone breaks your leg.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I agree. They need to decapitate him

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Spoken like a true Miami Hurricane.

I'm not a Hurricane fan....but I would have no problem with them going after Carson Palmer after that blatantly pathetic hit.

mmaddog

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Get real guys. Don't act like a bunch of punk ass Raider fans.

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Get real guys. Don't act like a bunch of punk ass Raider fans.

Heck with that....

I'll tell you what...I won't tell you that you are acting like a pussy and you don't call me a punk ass Raider fan.

mmaddog

ChiefFripp
09-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm up in the air on this one. The devil on my left shoulder and the angel on my right are having a staredown moment.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 02:40 PM
It is kind of like baseball, you throw at my batter and hit him I am throwing a head ball at your batter

Immaculate
09-10-2006, 02:43 PM
People like you give Chiefs fans everywhere a bad name.

Go to the corner.

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 02:46 PM
People like you give Chiefs fans everywhere a bad name.

Go to the corner.

nlm
:BS:

hypersensitiveZO6
09-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Like it's been said, you give KC fans a bad name.

You're absolutely have no class.

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Like it's been said, you give KC fans a bad name.

You're absolutely have no class.

You want class....

It's in the dictionary between candy ass and c*nt

mmaddog

CinciFan
09-10-2006, 04:06 PM
If you have DVR/Tivo, go check the "hit". Turns out the KC WR blocked the Cincy defender down. He was clearly going to jump OVER Trent Green, just to make sure he DID get down. But then he was blocked down into him, and the defender's SHOULDER hit Trents facemask HARD. That made TG's head snap back and hit the turf HARD.

I hope he's just fine, and I was sorry to see him down like that.

But it was not intentional or even inadvertent. It was simply unavoidable given the block in the back from the KC player.

Sydd
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
If you have DVR/Tivo, go check the "hit". Turns out the KC WR blocked the Cincy defender down. He was clearly going to jump OVER Trent Green, just to make sure he DID get down. But then he was blocked down into him, and the defender's SHOULDER hit Trents facemask HARD. That made TG's head snap back and hit the turf HARD.

I hope he's just fine, and I was sorry to see him down like that.

But it was not intentional or even inadvertent. It was simply unavoidable given the block in the back from the KC player.

Take the goggles off. I already watched the replay several times. There may have been some contact, be the cincy defender clearly could have done much more to avoid the hit. All he did was lower his shoulder into a sliding QB. It was a crap non-call and you should should know that. You even call it a block in the back. What a joke.

I am totally against retaliation hits, but for you to say that your guy did not try and drill a scrambling QB is crazy. He should have done more to avoid the hit on a sliding QB. If that had been palmer on the ground, you and the media would be calling for someones head.

Nati Ice
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Take the goggles off. I already watched the replay several times. There may have been some contact, be the cincy defender clearly could have done much more to avoid the hit. All he did was lower his shoulder into a sliding QB. It was a crap non-call and you should should know that. You even call it a block in the back. What a joke.

I am totally against retaliation hits, but for you to say that your guy did not try and drill a scrambling QB is crazy. He should have done more to avoid the hit on a sliding QB. If that had been palmer on the ground, you and the media would be calling for someones head.
it was sad to see trent get a concussion but it was a good no call. between the weather, turf, trent sliding late, ek pushing geathers, and geathers diving before the slide you are the one who should really take the goggles off. nobody wanted to see your qb get hurt, but you lost and you would have lost regardless.

the fact that you have members of your fanbase who seek to severely injure carson palmer for at most a questionable hit by someone not named palmer speaks volumes for the quality of fans within your fanbase. you can all die in a fire for all i care.

gblowfish
09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
it was sad to see trent get a concussion but it was a good no call. between the weather, turf, trent sliding late, ek pushing geathers, and geathers diving before the slide you are the one who should really take the goggles off. nobody wanted to see your qb get hurt, but you lost and you would have lost regardless.

the fact that you have members of your fanbase who seek to severely injure carson palmer for at most a questionable hit by someone not named palmer speaks volumes for the quality of fans within your fanbase. you can all die in a fire for all i care.
Chiefs fans do not condone cheap hits. I would suggest to you, however, to keep a candle burning for your starter. After all, as your 2006 season marches along, you play the Steelers (Kimo von Oelhoffen, twice), New England (Rodney Harrison), Denver (John Lynch) AND Oakland (EVERYONE) this year, all of whom have a history of thinking nothing of cheap shotting a QB.

What goes around comes around, dude.

Nati Ice
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Chiefs fans do not condone cheap hits. I would suggest to you, however, to keep a candle burning for your starter. After all, as your 2006 season marches along, you play the Steelers (Kimo von Oelhoffen, twice), New England (Rodney Harrison), Denver (John Lynch) AND Oakland (EVERYONE) this year, all of whom have a history of thinking nothing of cheap shotting a QB.

What goes around comes around, dude.
if what goes around comes around then weve got plenty of karma to spread around. get over it, everyone feels bad for trent, but that does not change the fact that it wasnt a cheap shot.

ps-homo von assassin doesnt play for pitt anymore

gblowfish
09-10-2006, 08:13 PM
if what goes around comes around then weve got plenty of karma to spread around. get over it, everyone feels bad for trent, but that does not change the fact that it wasnt a cheap shot.

ps-homo von assassin doesnt play for pitt anymore
Two wrongs don't make a right...
But three do?

You're spreading it around, all right...

Bwana
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
it wasnt a cheap shot.

Bullshit :shake: It was a low test bush league shot all the way. I thought I was watching the Raiders on that play.

GoodDaySir!
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Classy.

Nati Ice
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right...
But three do?

You're spreading it around, all right...
why wasnt there a flag then?

refs blind? yadda yadda yadda