PDA

View Full Version : One Positive

Short Leash Hootie
09-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Bye week is week 3.

Granted, we'll start out 0-2...but if Trent can come back week 4 we may be able to salvage the season.

I know I know, let's wait and see and PRAY Trent is ok, but I'm just looking for something positive...this has been a dreadful day =(

Simplex3
09-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Gonzo is looking good. :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Do you really think that we have any hope with this line, this defense, or this coaching staff?

Let the Brady Quinn countdown begin.

Short Leash Hootie
09-10-2006, 01:41 PM
'Hamas', we were moving the ball well in the first half...Don't know why Solari was 80% pass when we friggin' have LJ...defense has played solidly in all honesty...if we can get Trent back week 4, we may be able to win 8 games...maybe more if we can start clicking. We didn't look that bad, other than the 2nd quarter.

Simplex3
09-10-2006, 01:44 PM
'Hamas', we were moving the ball well in the first half...Don't know why Solari was 80% pass when we friggin' have LJ...defense has played solidly in all honesty...if we can get Trent back week 4, we may be able to win 8 games...maybe more if we can start clicking. We didn't look that bad, other than the 2nd quarter.
No worries, we'll be just good enough to not get a top 5 draft pick.

Short Leash Hootie
09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
hey, all I'm saying is...if we can get Trent back by week 4...our season is far from over. As much as Solari called a horrible game, he is learning, and we'll see what works...obviously we have playoff potential, we just need to find a RT. If Green suits up week 4, I'll still have hope. But hey, maybe I'm too optimistic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 01:50 PM
We have no playoff potential. We have no line, no defense no heart, and no coach. Solari has also acted like a monkey f*cking a chicken today. 4-12, here we come.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 01:53 PM
We're going to have to ride LJ for a while. Pound the ball, use play-action... and use the hell out of Tony G. (could be a big year for him)

I think that's about all we can do until Trent gets back, and maybe even after.

Immaculate
09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
"Maybe next year"

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
We're going to have to ride LJ for a while. Pound the ball, use play-action... and use the hell out of Tony G. (could be a big year for him)

I think that's about all we can do until Trent gets back, and maybe even after.

Personally, I think we should start running some double HB sets with both LJ and Bennett in the backfield. It will give us a little bit of unpredictability, and we could run the ball 50 times a game to keep it away from Huard.

KCwolf
09-10-2006, 02:02 PM
6 sacks for the Bengals..............Not Good
Probably the worst start we could imagine..
But there's always week 2

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 02:03 PM
The only positive to take from this sh*tbath is that we can probably develop Croyle this year. That is if we can find a RT so that he doesn't get exterminated.

htismaqe
09-10-2006, 02:15 PM
The only positive to take from this sh*tbath is that we can probably develop Croyle this year. That is if we can find a RT so that he doesn't get exterminated.

Yeah, there's NO WAY I would put Croyle out there now. There's no reason to spoil the kid's career.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Imagine what would happen if we were playing a team with a good Dline like the Giants or Panthers.

Short Leash Hootie
09-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Imagine what would happen if we were playing a team with a good Dline like the Giants or Panthers.
Fortunately, we don't have to imagine that.

If Green comes back week 4, we have a shot.

NaptownChief
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Only positive out of this week is Jake Plummer stick sucks...

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 02:41 PM
If we put Croyle out there, he will just get hurt.