PDA

View Full Version : Herm should leave the offense be...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:19 PM
He needs to leave it alone. He needs to let Solari do what he wants to do, IMO. Whether that's like it was last year or what, he needs to leave it be. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Guru
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
He needs to leave it alone. He needs to let Solari do what he wants to do, IMO. Whether that's like it was last year or what, he needs to leave it be. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Well, Herm thinks its broken, therfore it must be.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
The OL is broken. Can he fix that?

Guru
09-10-2006, 07:21 PM

You mean the No-line. oh wait, you said broken. Never mind.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
He tried to leave it be, but 2/5 of it retired.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM

True.

F### Willie Roaf you chicken Sh#$!!!!, and f#$# Jordan Black, and F#4# Kevin Sampson for being a pussy.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:23 PM
He tried to leave it be, but 2/5 of it retired.
Very good point. It's my emotions talking. Pay no mind.

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
True.

F### Willie Roaf you chicken Sh#$!!!!, and f#$# Jordan Black, and F#4# Kevin Sampson for being a pussy.
And f#ck you... wait, you pretty much covered it.

ChiefsLV
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
The offense is automatically going to be different with the loss of Roaf and Welbourne. We're probably going to have to go to a quick short passing offense with occasionally play action to prevent the QB from getting killed. Hopefully we run more than we did in this game. Didn't think I'd be saying that with all the talk from Herm.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
The offense is automatically going to be different with the loss of Roaf and Welbourne. We're probably going to have to go to a quick short passing offense with occasionally play action to prevent the QB from getting killed. Hopefully we run more than we did in this game. Didn't think I'd be saying that with all the talk from Herm.

Here's the problem.....we don't have the WR talent to get seperation and open in a hurry like say an Owens or someone like that can. So when Green can't hold the ball and wait for the guys to get open like he has in the past.......we get what we got today, him running for his life.

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I call bullcrap, Mecca. We've seen the Chiefs run quick slants many times.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
I call bullcrap, Mecca. We've seen the Chiefs run quick slants many times.

You can't run the slant or 3 yard out all the time or the corners will jump it......I don't personally think the WR's on this team are good enough to get open on a normal route in 4 seconds.

NewChief
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Do we really think that Herm was responsible for the playcalling today? Personally, I felt it was all Solari. From what Herm said in the Star articles this morning, he doesn't tell Solari what plays to call at all. He said he may give him some input about what direction we should go, but he leaves the actual playcalling to Mike.

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
You can't run the slant or 3 yard out all the time or the corners will jump it......I don't personally think the WR's on this team are good enough to get open on a normal route in 4 seconds.

Because they both lack speed and quickness....right.

tk13
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
I don't think we can really do much without better tackle play. I mean the QB was reaching the last step of his drop and somebody was in his face. I mean obviously we could have shorter drops I guess, but that's still not gonna help extend the offense vertically and keep people from stuffing the box on LJ.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I think we had it coming going white on white at home...hehe

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
We need to go spread offense....

Get them to back off, and then LJ up the ass.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Because they both lack speed and quickness....right.

No because the lack the overall talent to do those things.....Samie Parker is a marginal NFL starter. There's alot more to playing WR than being fast or quick....I don't consider either of the Chiefs WR's clutch or go to guys. Kennison is a complimentary WR, that's what he is.

It just shocks me that people defend these WR's when the position has been so blah for years we try to convince ourselves that Samie Parker is great or some shit.

tk13
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
We're going to need to be sharp on our screens next week too. I think we're going to need them against the Broncos blitzing defense. We can do that stuff... that's something people used to flip out about, but Al used those TE screens and crap like that to keep defenses from stuffing the box and going nuts on us.

Although, Solari did do a great job of getting Gonzo involved today, probably better than Al did at times last year. What'd Gonzo have, like 10 catches for 81 yards and a TD? Something like that. I'd take that every week.

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Where exactly are either of those guys lacking talent? They don't get jammed at the line. They've got all the ability in the world to get open. The QBs had NO TIME.

Parker is only in his third year, and only his second year seeing significant game action. Give him time. He got DICKED on two offensive PIs today...

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Where exactly are either of those guys lacking talent? They don't get jammed at the line. They've got all the ability in the world to get open. The QBs had NO TIME.

Parker is only in his third year, and only his second year seeing significant game action. Give him time. He got DICKED on two offensive PIs today...

Ok......the USC Trojans have better WR's than the Kansas City Chiefs do......want me to go any further about that position on this team being blah?

keg in kc
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure what was changed. Formations and motions looked the same. Hell, we started the game with a reverse. I remember at least one 3-and-out that was all pass attempts. If anything, I thought we passed too much today. Sure they were shorter routes. That's what you do when you can't use 5- and 7-step drops without getting the QB killed. Either way, I didn't think we ran LJ enough to get him out the gates.

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM

I don't blame the shit play calling on Herm at all in this game. It was the exact opposite of what he's preached all along. In fact he should have choped Solari in the adams apple at halftime and took over or gave it to Trent. Soon everyone will realize that Solari is the worst OC we have ever had, EVER.

Guru
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM
We definitely didn't utilize LJ the right way today.

keg in kc
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I don't blame the shit play calling on Herm at all in this game. It was the exact opposite of what he's preached all along. In fact he should have choped Solari in the adams apple at halftime and took over or gave it to Trent. Soon everyone will realize that Solari is the worst OC we have ever had, EVER.We'd have said that after Saunders' first game, too. Christ, give it some time.

tk13
09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok......the USC Trojans have better WR's than the Kansas City Chiefs do......want me to go any further about that position on this team being blah?
Okay, now you're exaggerating. I'd take that challenge. I don't think we have the best WR's in the NFL but they're not that bad.

GoTrav
09-10-2006, 08:02 PM

The QB is broken...physically. Does this ring a bell?

Mecca
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Okay, now you're exaggerating. I'd take that challenge. I don't think we have the best WR's in the NFL but they're not that bad.

Dwayne Jarrett.....he'd be a starter on the Chiefs.....Steve Smith and Patrick Turner could also make this roster. Vidal Hazelton would be able to if he wasn't 18.

tk13
09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Dwayne Jarrett.....he'd be a starter on the Chiefs.....Steve Smith and Patrick Turner could also make this roster. Vidal Hazelton would be able to if he wasn't 18.
If you put any of them out there next week, Champ Bailey would eat them alive. Samie Parker once tore up the great defenses of the Pac 10 too.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
If you put any of them out there next week, Champ Bailey would eat them alive. Samie Parker once tore up the great defenses of the Pac 10 too.

You do know that Dwayne Jarrett is going to be a Top 10 pick right....if Calvin Johnson wasn't an absolute manchild and one of the best WR prospects I've ever seen Jarrett would be the best WR in college right now. Jarrett is a future #1 pro bowl type WR.....

tk13
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
You do know that Dwayne Jarrett is going to be a Top 10 pick right....if Calvin Johnson wasn't an absolute manchild and one of the best WR prospects I've ever seen Jarrett would be the best WR in college right now. Jarrett is a future #1 pro bowl type WR.....
Key word is "future". They're playing a completely different game right now though. They probably do have more potential than the Chiefs recievers in the long term. That wasn't the statement you made though. You said USC has better WR's than the Chiefs right now, which is absurd.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Key word is "future". They're playing a completely different game right now though. They probably do have more potential than the Chiefs recievers in the long term. That wasn't the statement you made though. You said USC has better WR's than the Chiefs right now, which is absurd.

They're probably more talented.....if we were playing for say 2 years from now you'd take the USC WR's over the Chiefs WR's.

tk13
09-10-2006, 08:14 PM
They're probably more talented.....if we were playing for say 2 years from now you'd take the USC WR's over the Chiefs WR's.
We aren't playing for 2 years from now. We have a game next Sunday in Denver.

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
They're probably more talented.....

No shit?

Jay Cutler is more talented than Trent Green.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Alright fine.....we obviously don't need any WR's despite being one of the teams with the least amount of talent at the position, nevermind me.

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Alright fine.....we obviously don't need any WR's despite being one of the teams with the least amount of talent at the position, nevermind me.
I think the point was that you exaggerated your point. By your reasoning, the same could be said of any position on the team in terms of future talent.

tk13
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I said, we couldn't use any help at WR. I didn't say anything like that. Let's all overreact now.

Douche Baggins
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
The talent at offensive tackle is far worse than the talent at wide receiver.

JBucc
Samie Parker>Jerry Rice in his prime

Mecca
I think the point was that you exaggerated your point. By your reasoning, the same could be said of any position on the team in terms of future talent.

I did it on purpose......I was arguing with GoChiefs the guy who compared Samie Parker to Marvin Harrison which is probably more absurd than my exageration.

But my original point still stands I don't think our WR's are good enough to get open with the amount of time Green is going to have to pass this year.

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
But my original point still stands I don't think our WR's are good enough to get open with the amount of time Green is going to have to pass this year.
Few are but with good tackles we have adequate receivers.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Mecca is making me want to cheer for Nebraska on Saturday, and that is quite the feat.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Mecca is making me want to cheer for Nebraska on Saturday, and that is quite the feat.

Hey go for it man, I'm one of the few USC fans on this board and in this area in general I'm sure.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Mecca stroking up his Trojans again I see.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 08:32 PM
But I agree with him on Jarrett, personally I thought Jarrett was the best player on USC.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Jarrett's a good reciever. Chris Houston held him in check though!

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM

I agree. DV handed him the keys to a 'vette. Granted it was a little older, high miles and all, but she'd still roast the tires and scoot down the field when you stomp on the gas. But Herm is content to put it around like a chevette driven by a little ol' lady on the way to the grocery store.

Herm has to let this O be what it is - an aggressive, attacking O. Try to play conservative and we are going to have nothing but problems.