PDA

View Full Version : Will Willie Roaf....

jspchief
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
... be invited to Trent Green's funeral?

milkman
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
He'll be a pallbearer, and quit unexpectedly.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 08:24 PM
So do we hate Willie Roaf now?

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 08:25 PM
I was wondering if he was sitting at home watching the game feeling like he has let these guys down in a way. I respect the mans right to retire after his career, but he did wait until the beginning of TC to do this. Oh well, I just hope we can rebound.

Guru
09-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I was wondering if he was sitting at home watching the game feeling like he has let these guys down in a way. I respect the mans right to retire after his career, but he did wait until the beginning of TC to do this. Oh well, I just hope we can rebound.

I don't HATE him but I sure hope he felt like crap tonight after what happened to Trent.

Count Alex's Losses
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
No.

Jordan Black will carry the casket. And drop it.

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 08:28 PM
He'll be a pallbearer, and quit unexpectedly.
Now that's some funny chit. LMAO

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM

Not hate. Just wondering how differently this game would've been had he not "retired".

Sully
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
No.

Jordan Black will carry the casket. And drop it.

I was under the impression that he was pretty good at holding.

Coach
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I was under the impression that he was pretty good at holding.

Not if he gets beat when they do a spin move to a funeral car, where he'll fall down on his ass.

jcroft
09-10-2006, 08:55 PM

I kind of do. I love what the guy did here, but walking out on your teammates the way he did is way uncool. It's one thing to retire. It's another thing to half-assedly retire late in the offseason and not answer anyone's phone calls. As far as I'm concerned, Willie simply didn't show up for work this year. No fair warning, no calling in sick, no nothing. He just didn't show -- and that's ****ed up, any way you look at it.

That having been said, there's absolutely no reason to believe that Trent wouldn't be all concussed up if Willie had been in this game. It can happen on any play to any player, no matter how many superstars you've got.

Psyko Tek
09-10-2006, 09:42 PM
just saw the hit
jebus that was f''kin' vicious
trent needs to go to willies home on the back board and say thanks

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Roaf did let his teammates down big time. Actually I hope his paperwork is rushed through tomorrow just to send the lying sack of shit a message. He should have quit when there was still time to get a replacment.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Roaf did let his teammates down big time. Actually I hope his paperwork is rushed through tomorrow just to send the lying sack of shit a message. He should have quit when there was still time to get a replacment.

Now I remember a few of us posting things like that right after he retired and being railed on for being classless at the time......

Donger
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't HATE him but I sure hope he felt like crap tonight after what happened to Trent.

Didn't Trent get injured while running the ball, not sacked? If so, if Roaf had been in on that play, would he have been able to protect him from that hit?

Chan93lx50
09-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Didn't Trent get injured while running the ball, not sacked? If so, if Roaf had been in on that play, would he have been able to protect him from that hit?

If Roaf was there he would not have been flushed out of the pocket.

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 10:12 PM

Trent took off running out of a shotgun formation from a pocket that collapsed.

Guru
Exactly

Plus, if it had still happened, I beleive Roaf would have kicked his ass.

Donger

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

OldTownChief
09-10-2006, 10:13 PM
About 5 of the 7 sacks were a direct result of Black's pass protection.

Dunit35
09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Why isn't Sampson in there? Is there some reason he isn't? Surely he can't suck as bad as Black.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I want to thank Willie for takin his sweet time deciding to retire at the last second so we were SOL on getting Trent some help.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Why isn't Sampson in there? Is there some reason he isn't? Surely he can't suck as bad as Black.

Someone touched him and he got injured again.

DJ's left nut
09-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Now I remember a few of us posting things like that right after he retired and being railed on for being classless at the time......

I got neg repped like a MFer for it (I'm thinking ass cancer was heavily involved in one of them), oh well.

And yes, Willie Roaf is as buried on my shit list as Lynn Elliot will ever be. He quit, period. He didn't retire, he decided he didn't want to run some laps and he F'ing quit.

When I heard about it, I said I hoped he'd get hit by a truck. I take it back, I hope he's out shopping and gets drilled by Robert Geathers.

And don't anyone worry about how Roaf felt when he saw it on TV. Anybody that would hang his 'friends' out to dry like Roaf did, wouldn't even bother watching it. If you're concerned about Willie, pray that his sunglasses didn't fall off when he was out on his boat or something. Don't worry too much about how he felt when he saw the QB that he quit on and left exposed get turned into a quivering mass.

Bring on the red, but I was right the first time I said it and I'm right this time. Willie Roaf lied to, then quit on, his teammates. Not only is Green out there running for his life, but guys like Shields are having to cover for schmucks like Black and it's going to hurt him more as well.

Screw Willie Roaf.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 11:03 PM
My whole thing with it is simple, if you wanna retire you do it at the beginning of the offseason not right before camp. Retiring when he did is basically taking a big dump on the team.

jspchief
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
In defense of Roaf, according to his story, after spring OTAs, his body broke down and didn't act like it would recover. It's not so much that he up and quit as it's that he found out through the spring that he could no longer do it. If you believe his version of it.

That still doesn't keep me from being a little bitter.

John Welbourn is an entirely different story. He quit for one of two reasons, money or roids. I hope that piece of shit hits an artery with his next shot of juice, and is found face down/ass up, pants around his ankles dead, in a toilet stall of his local gym.

greg63
09-11-2006, 07:04 AM
In defense of Roaf, according to his story, after spring OTAs, his body broke down and didn't act like it would recover. It's not so much that he up and quit as it's that he found out through the spring that he could no longer do it. If you believe his version of it.

John Welbourn is an entirely different story. He quit for one of two reasons, money or roids. I hope that piece of shit hits an artery with his next shot of juice, and is found face down/ass up, pants around his ankles dead, in a toilet stall of his local gym.
I hope they're both proud of themselves; I canít think of any good reasons for Trent to even come back after the "O" lines lame showing.

greg63
09-11-2006, 07:06 AM
My whole thing with it is simple, if you wanna retire you do it at the beginning of the offseason not right before camp. Retiring when he did is basically taking a big dump on the team.

Yup!

Baby Lee
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM

Roaf's wife told him to quit 'that shitty game' and hang out with her and the kids or she was going back to effing Joe Horn.

greg63
09-11-2006, 08:17 AM
Roaf's wife told him to quit 'that shitty game' and hang out with her and the kids or she was going back to effing Joe Horn.

LMAO

She promised to give back his scrots if he quit.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 08:40 AM

Yep.