PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys see Gonzalez punt the ball at the end of the game?

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
This team is pissed and frustrated. At themselves more than anyone, most likely.

I think they'll come out fired up in Denver.

Guru
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
got a video link? I would like to see that.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
This team is pissed and frustrated.Good deal. They should be.

Bowser
Good deal. They should be.

No shit.

headsnap
This team is pissed and frustrated. At themselves more than anyone, most likely.

I sure hope we have Croyle throwing instead of Huard fumbling... :banghead:

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Starting Croyle is just asking to go 0-2.

Demonpenz
Why would they be pissed they still get their millions of dollars and get to chase pussy

BigRedChief

Yeah so what? Tony G wasn't the problem today. I'll believe a "fired up" Chiefs team when I see it on the field. I think its an extinct species since the mid 90's.

Guru
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Gonna be 0-2 anyway.

keg in kc
I saw that. I thought it was really out of character, too. Usually after a loss (or a win), he doesn't act like he cares, he's usually just shooting the shit with people on the other team, acting all big-time. I've never seen him look that pissed after a game.

ChiefsfaninPA
I hope we come out fired up for the donks. Regardless of who is starting at QB I think if this team has no fire or intensity after todays game, well that just goes to show their true character.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM

Easy, there. I'll give Huard a chance with a full week of prep, knowing he's gonna start.

You throw Croyle to the wolves in Denver, and he may just pee himself.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Denver will be as well. By a miracle, we could win.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM

You throw Croyle to the wolves in Denver, and he may just pee himself.Maybe that would discourage the donkeys from tackling him. :hmmm:

JBucc
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
I doubt we could win in Denver with Trent starting. A win with Huard or Croyle would be a huge pleasant suprise but I've pretty much accepted the fact that we're going 0-2. D will keep it close though(with a little help from Plummint)

jcroft
09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah, players who are pissed and frustrated always do great things on the football field. *rolls eyes*

Chan93lx50
09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
0 - 2, plain and simple

Raiderhader
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I saw that. I thought it was really out of character, too. Usually after a loss (or a win), he doesn't act like he cares, he's usually just shooting the shit with people on the other team, acting all big-time. I've never seen him look that pissed after a game.

Purely speculation, but perhaps the loss of Green, and the way he was lost (strapped down to a cart) had some impact? Trent is with out a doubt the heart and soul of the offense, and quite possibly the the entire team. Maybe losing him along with the game was too much for even Gonzo?

keg in kc
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I doubt we could win in Denver with Trent starting. A win with Huard or Croyle would be a huge pleasant suprise but I've pretty much accepted the fact that we're going 0-2. D will keep it close though(with a little help from Plummint)I'm not sure if Denver losing to a shitty St. Louis team makes it look better or worse for us.

GoTrav
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
the team and season is done. Tony G just reiterated the point. The whole team already knows it.

keg in kc
Purely speculation, but perhaps the loss of Green, and the way he was lost (strapped down to a cart) had some impact? Trent is with out a doubt the heart and soul of the offense, and quite possibly the the entire team. Maybe losing him along with the game was too much for even him?I actually thought the same thing at the time.

Bowser
Maybe that would discourage the donkeys from tackling him. :hmmm:

That makes me think of Grunhard talking about that D-Tackle who played for Denver in the early to mid 90's that would get so worked up on the field that he would puke on the field. Sometimes on the ball. I think his name was Darren Drozdov. Disgusting stuff.

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
the team and season is done. Tony G just reiterated the point. The whole team already knows it.

ROFL

Man. I love it when I get to pull this thing out after the first loss of the year:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4043/chickenkcwg4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mdstu
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM

Are you serious? or just frustrated yourself?

Just curious.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
ROFL

Man. I love it when I get to pull this thing out after the first loss of the year:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/4043/chickenkcwg4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

It will be even better to bump these same threads later in the year when things are looking differently.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM

Somebody needs to post that scene from "Airplane" where the gal is freaking out, and the whole plane is lined up to slap the shit out of her.

ChiefsLV
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM

Well starting Huard is guaranteeing we go 0-2.

the Talking Can
09-10-2006, 08:11 PM
the whole day was a **** for the offense...bad OL, dropped pitches, fumbles, dropped pass leading to an int, drive killing penalties and then a scary ass moment with Trent prone on the field...the offense has a standard, I bet Tony feels like they spent all day shooting themselves in the foot (feet?)...or maybe he realizes they're screwed without roaf and welbourne...

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Well starting Huard is guaranteeing we go 0-2.

We need to coax Elvis Grbac out of retirement.

Chan93lx50
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Tony was probably wishing he was kicking Roaf in the nuts for not playing

ChiefsLV
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
We need to coax Elvis Grbac out of retirement.

Maybe, just maybe Huard does so bad next week, they end up pulling him in favor of Croyle.

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Yep, that punt was pretty much representative of what everybody watching and playing in the game felt.

Bwana
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM

And starting Huard would get us what?

Sully
09-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Jeez. If TG punting the ball shows how pissed the team is, then Colquitt must be really pissed.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 08:17 PM
And starting Huard would get us what?0-1-1

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Jeez. If TG punting the ball shows how pissed the team is, then Colquitt must be really pissed.

Of course he is. He wants to play safety.

Guru
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
And starting Huard would get us what?
0-2

Raiderhader
09-10-2006, 08:21 PM
0-1-1

LOL

Skip Towne
09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
TG also lined up at RT for at least one play. Some goofy formation I've never heard of.

mdstu
09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
TG also lined up at RT for at least one play. Some goofy formation I've never heard of.

It worked real goofy too.

blueballs
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Kris Wilson is pushing Tony G for playing time
Tynes needs to be looking over his shoulder
Tony G was sending notice

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 08:50 PM

Dunn would be much better at RT than (B)Lack, actually.

I really hope Sampson gets better soon.

Sully
09-10-2006, 08:56 PM

You've never heard of an unbalanced line?
On that play, Black lined up to the left of Turley, meaning there was a guard and TG on the right, and 2 tackles on the left.
It didn't work at all.
But the unbalanced line has been used by numerous teams numerous times.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Actually a double tight end set might be the best, Dunn is the best blocking tight end in the league.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 09:39 PM
0-2

Huard's only real problem was protecting the ball. He didn't do too bad UNTIL he turned the ball over both times. If he can learn to protect the ball and our D won't bite on the bootleg, we could still win next week.

Hopefully seeing Green on the ground will send a message to our every one of our offensive linemen and they will sack it up and do their jobs from now on. Plain and simple, had they given Trent some protection, he wouldn't have had to run.

Rausch
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Purely speculation, but perhaps the loss of Green, and the way he was lost (strapped down to a cart) had some impact? Trent is with out a doubt the heart and soul of the offense, and quite possibly the the entire team. Maybe losing him along with the game was too much for even Gonzo?

If anyone thinks this team can make the playoffs with Huard-able starting 4 games you need to put the pipe down...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM

We are going to get eviscerated in Denver. We haven't showed up there this DECADE.

Count Zarth
09-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I think we can win in denver, our defense looked alot better. Main thing is give LJ the rock more than 17 times....we def. need Huard to play a mistake free type game to have a good chance of winning. It will be real tough, but this team has to come together and atleast denver lost today too.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
This is great.....so we looked horrible at home but we're gonna look good and beat the Broncos in Denver? Whatever you're smoking pass it this way cause that's gotta be some good shit.

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Brad's really going to think I have a pipe with this, but wouldnt' it be poetic justice to meet up with Cinnci in the playoffs and send them home?

Be patient, this team needs time. The D is still learning, Solari just game-planned and called his FIRST NFL game, and Herm has got to learn what his players can do in a game as well. We won't look like this come October.

|Zach|
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
This is great.....so we looked horrible at home but we're gonna look good and beat the Broncos in Denver? Whatever you're smoking pass it this way cause that's gotta be some good shit.
Buddy, its called sports.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 09:49 PM
You have to have some hope, i doubt this team will look this bad every game. If you are so doom and gloom don't bother watching next week. 1 ****in game folks, nothing went our way this game, every game is different we all know this.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
This is great.....so we looked horrible at home but we're gonna look good and beat the Broncos in Denver? Whatever you're smoking pass it this way cause that's gotta be some good shit.It doesn't look good, but you never know from week to week.

I've been looking forward to this season for a long time, I'm not going to give up on it after the first game.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm to realistic to think we're gonna win in Denver...there's been times the last few years I thought we'd have a chance there and we've been destroyed I just can't think we can win that game till they prove to me they can.

beavis
09-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Past performance is not indicative of future results.
If you honestly believe that, you're a bigger moron than I originally gave you credit for being.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Gochiefs has a better chance of getting laid by Luv then the Chiefs beating Denver.

KcMizzou
I'm to realistic to think we're gonna win in Denver...there's been times the last few years I thought we'd have a chance there and we've been destroyed I just can't think we can win that game till they prove to me they can.Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't put any money on it.

PastorMikH
Main thing is give LJ the rock more than 17 times....

Ding, Ding, Ding...

LJ had 68 yards rushing and 80 yards recieving for a combined total of 148 yards.

KC's total offense was 289 yards - LJ accounted for 51% of our offense and it looked like they were trying to use everyone BUT LJ for some big parts of the game.

We road the back of Priest for 4 years because he was our best player. It's time to do the same with LJ.

Raiderhader
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM

First of all, nobody I've seen has said anything about looking good in the proccess. Secondly, anything thing can happen on any given Sunday (a tired old saying, but true none the less), and Denver has there answer to our Huard (I'd like to see Brodie, but it won't happen), Jake the Fake. All we need is for him to give us a couple of gifts like he gave St. Loui today, and who knows what could happen....

If you aren't going to have at least a little hope, why even bother to watch the games? It's pointless.

Raiderhader
09-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Gochiefs has a better chance of getting laid by Luv then the Chiefs beating Denver.

I'd be willing to make a bet to the contrary.

BigRock
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
That makes me think of Grunhard talking about that D-Tackle who played for Denver in the early to mid 90's that would get so worked up on the field that he would puke on the field. Sometimes on the ball. I think his name was Darren Drozdov. Disgusting stuff.
That guy became a pro wrestler after football. He could puke on command, it was like a talent. They based his wrestling character on it.

Unfortunately, he got badly injured during a match and is paralyzed from the neck down now. :(

SBK
09-10-2006, 10:00 PM
If Jake throws 3 picks, and they give up 2 fumbles as well there's no reason we can't win.

BUT, I wouldn't put any money on KC winning in Denver.

blueballs
09-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Shanahan has had a big time run in Denver
it has got to end at some point

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
I'd be willing to make a bet to the contrary.

It's too bad I don't bet because this would be a sure winner.

I give the Chiefs about a 5% chance to win this game.

Raiderhader
09-10-2006, 10:06 PM
It's too bad I don't bet because this would be a sure winner.

I give the Chiefs about a 5% chance to win this game.

Actually, one of two things would happen: the Chiefs would win, or neither of us would win, 'cuz GC ain't laying no pipe to luv.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Actually, one of two things would happen: the Chiefs would win, or neither of us would win, 'cuz GC ain't laying no pipe to luv.

ROFL

So true..

blueballs
09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Gochiefs was Mooo all along

KChiefs1
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Chiefs don't win in Denver when they have a good team...why would they win there this season?

Luzap
09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Be patient, this team needs time. The D is still learning, Solari just game-planned and called his FIRST NFL game, and Herm has got to learn what his players can do in a game as well. We won't look like this come October.

This makes sense to me. It's not that I predict a win in Denver, but I do expect this team to get better. Huard made some very good throws, and his presence in the pocket will be better after a full week of focusing on it. He is a former starter and will not repeat a performance like that.

Meanwhile, I would expect much better play by the rest of the team and coaches.

On offense, we need to catch the ball, pass protect, get better at playcalling/gameplanning, and use LJ more. The only aspect of this that might be hard to improve on in one week is the pass protection ~ but playcalling & gameplanning can help with this.

On defense, we're fine. We held Cinci to 23 points ~ not great, but certainly good enough and better than many expected.

On special teams Dante just needs to relax and get into his game. I still have hopes that our ST can be rteally special this year.

Luz
all in all, we have hope ~ and how bad is denver anyway???...

Nzoner
09-10-2006, 11:13 PM
On defense, we're fine. We held Cinci to 23 points ~ not great, but certainly good enough and better than many expected.

I agree,holding a team like Cincy to 23 is encouraging but it also pisses me off to no end because the last few years had we been able to do that no telling how far we could've gone.

DAMMIT CARL!! :cuss:

PastorMikH
09-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Who's this nOOB named Luzap???

:):):)

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
One thing I have learned in my internet search of NFL rules, Tony kicking the ball at the end of the game was an infraction on the rules.

Guru
09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
One thing I have learned in my internet search of NFL rules, Tony kicking the ball at the end of the game was an infraction on the rules.

Not if there was no time left on the clock. Now if there is time on the clock they yeah.

CupidStunt
09-11-2006, 05:46 AM
I don't care how pissed they are; the tackles will lose the game for us again.

plbrdude
09-11-2006, 06:19 AM
week to week sometimes you don't know what team will show up. sure we have a chance. it may be a slim one but it is a chance.

greg63
09-11-2006, 06:26 AM

I think they'll come out fired up in Denver.That ought to get 'em through the first three minutes of the game until Turley allows a defender to lay out Huard.

rad
09-11-2006, 06:57 AM

I wouldn't want our QBOTF starting behind that line until they show some improvement. I don't really like Huard, but if what I've heard on here is true, then he may not be that much of a liability, especially if our defense is showing signs of life. With a full week of prep and with his experience in this system, I trust him more than a fragile Croyle. I just hope Huard works on his scrambling, he may need it......

Skip Towne
09-11-2006, 06:58 AM
You've never heard of an unbalanced line?
On that play, Black lined up to the left of Turley, meaning there was a guard and TG on the right, and 2 tackles on the left.
It didn't work at all.
But the unbalanced line has been used by numerous teams numerous times.
The announcers called it by some other name.

Sully
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
The announcers called it by some other name.

Ah.
I didn't hear that, being at the game.
What did those morons call it?

Calcountry
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
It's time for the D to take the diapers off, otherwise, this team is about as close to the "Wing T" team of Marv Levy.

TEX
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Chiefs don't win in Denver when they have a good team...why would they win there this season?

My thoughts exactly. And we usually lose by more than 10.

TinyEvel
09-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I crept down to the front row after the game. Players were heading to the locker room not looking up. Kawika walked up to the fence, a guy came down from the steps, handed him a 1 year-old (his son?) he never made eye contact with the crowd, headed straight underneath.
Gonzo walked up, tossed each of his gloves into the first row while not ever looking up. I almost caught one :banghead:

TinyEvel
09-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Here's the one of Tony G.