PDA

View Full Version : The new offense

whoman69
09-10-2006, 11:44 PM
When I heard that Herman Edwards was hired as coach I was very skeptical. Here was a defensive minded coach but he seemed flaky as is evidenced by his press conferences. I heard that he was a very conservative coach but did not know how much so until he cussed out Solari for taking a couple shots at the end zone near the end of the half in one of the pre season games. In my mind Edwards is the only coach in the NFL with that mindset. Anyone that conservative has no killer instinct. He makes Marty look like a riverboat gambler. At this point the Chiefs look like they are in the bottom third of the league, somewhere on par with Oakland.

Count Alex's Losses
09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
This is not a new offense.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
It was the same offense without any offensive tackles........You let Vermiel be the coach with this line we won't get great production either.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Actually I am more comfortable with Solari and Edwards with our tackle situation than I would be Vermeil and Saunders.

keg in kc
09-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Conservative?

Did you bother to watch the game?

If anything we passed too much early, when the game was still in reach. We never really established the running game. Green had as many completions in the first half as LJ had carries. When Cinci went up 10-3, we followed with a 3-and-out that was all passes. They went up 17-3 on their next possesion and we again went 3-and-out on pass attempts.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Actually after what transpired in the game today I think the problem isn't a new offense, rather than trying to do everything the OLD offense could do with this current group of players.

Some of those long-developing plays such as the playaction/reverse fakes and deep dropbacks worked well when the Chiefs were fortified along the O-line, but with the question marks at both tackles it doesn't look like the Chiefs are going to be able to execute those types of plays with the same frequency of success.

greg63
09-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Conservative?

Did you bother to watch the game?

If anything we passed too much early, when the game was still in reach. We never really established the running game. Green had as many completions in the first half as LJ had carries. When Cinci went up 10-3, we followed with a 3-and-out that was all passes. They went up 17-3 on their next possesion and we again went 3-and-out on pass attempts.

Ditto.