PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock

Guru
09-11-2006, 02:13 AM
HERM HAS DREADFUL OPENER

Let the record show that Chiefs fans booed coach Herm Edwards on Kansas City’s second offensive possession of the 2006 season.

On third and 5 at the Cincinnati 11, Edwards’ offensive unit slammed running back Larry Johnson into the heart of the Bengals’ defense for the fifth straight time. Bengals middle linebacker Brian Simmons stoned Johnson at the line of scrimmage, forcing the Chiefs to settle for a field goal.

A massive flock of boo birds took flight inside Arrowhead Stadium, spelling out just how short Edwards’ honeymoon period will be in Kansas City.

Edwards didn’t even get to unpack his bags.

The conservative, play-for-three-points reputation he built in New York has Chiefs fans ready to pounce. The punchless offensive attack that contributed to the Chiefs’ disappointing 23-10 loss to the Bengals will certainly have Kansas City football fans openly questioning Edwards’ competence.

We haven’t seen a debut this bad since the maker of the Titanic shouted, “full steam ahead.”

Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers might go down as the iceberg that sank the 2006 Chiefs. His illegal-but-unpenalized, third-quarter hit on Trent Green could ruin Kansas City’s football season.

But they don’t make movies about icebergs. Hollywood loves to tell the stories behind the stories. And Edwards was the story on Sunday — not Green’s concussion or whether Geathers was pushed into his flying collision with a hook-sliding Green.

For a day, at least, Edwards stripped KC’s offense of the attacking nature that made the unit celebrated, decorated and overcompensated for five years under Dick Vermeil. The Chiefs scored 10 points against one of the league’s mediocre defenses.

You could see the poor performance coming when the Chiefs turned ultraconservative in the red zone on their second possession. The third-and-5 call foreshadowed a miserable day.

“Missed communication on the call,” Edwards said when I asked about the play call. “I’ll leave it at that.”

So I asked Tony Gonzalez what the “missed communication” was.

“Mike Solari came in at halftime and said he messed up,” Gonzalez said. “He thought it was third and 2.”

Another member of the Chiefs said Solari — who left the locker room without talking with reporters — thought it was second down.

Wow. Solari, Kansas City’s first-year, first-time offensive coordinator, thought the Chiefs needed just 2 yards or he thought it was second down. Was anybody else confused? I wasn’t.

That’s really bad coaching. And it reflects poorly on Edwards. He’s known as a bad game manager, a poor clock manager. He needed to call a timeout in that situation. Edwards needs to create an environment in which his veteran QB feels comfortable enough to call a timeout when a play call that bad gets signaled into his helmet.

Solari’s mistake wasn’t the lone Kansas City coaching error.

Gunther Cunningham’s defensive unit looked terrific until Cincy flipped to a no-huddle offense. Using a variety of disguised coverages and exotic blitzes, the Chiefs shut out the Bengals in the first quarter. Quarterback Carson Palmer and receiver Chad Johnson were out of rhythm. In the first quarter, Palmer shouted at Johnson for not making the proper route adjustment to man coverage.

In the second quarter, the Bengals switched to their no-huddle offense. KC’s defense turned vanilla — a lot more Cover 2 and a lot more predictable. By changing the pace of their offense, the Bengals dictated KC’s scheme and personnel and forced the Chiefs’ defensive linemen to start sucking air.

Cincinnati scored 17 points in the second quarter and took control of the game. You have to tip your hat to Marvin Lewis and his coaching staff. They miraculously managed to keep track of down and distance and use a little imagination.

You could argue that Chiefs fans booed for the wrong reason. You could also argue that they were right for booing.

CoMoChief
09-11-2006, 02:27 AM
HERM HAS DREADFUL OPENER

Let the record show that Chiefs fans booed coach Herm Edwards on Kansas City’s second offensive possession of the 2006 season.

On third and 5 at the Cincinnati 11, Edwards’ offensive unit slammed running back Larry Johnson into the heart of the Bengals’ defense for the fifth straight time. Bengals middle linebacker Brian Simmons stoned Johnson at the line of scrimmage, forcing the Chiefs to settle for a field goal.

A massive flock of boo birds took flight inside Arrowhead Stadium, spelling out just how short Edwards’ honeymoon period will be in Kansas City.

Edwards didn’t even get to unpack his bags.

The conservative, play-for-three-points reputation he built in New York has Chiefs fans ready to pounce. The punchless offensive attack that contributed to the Chiefs’ disappointing 23-10 loss to the Bengals will certainly have Kansas City football fans openly questioning Edwards’ competence.

We haven’t seen a debut this bad since the maker of the Titanic shouted, “full steam ahead.”

Bengals defensive end Robert Geathers might go down as the iceberg that sank the 2006 Chiefs. His illegal-but-unpenalized, third-quarter hit on Trent Green could ruin Kansas City’s football season.

But they don’t make movies about icebergs. Hollywood loves to tell the stories behind the stories. And Edwards was the story on Sunday — not Green’s concussion or whether Geathers was pushed into his flying collision with a hook-sliding Green.

For a day, at least, Edwards stripped KC’s offense of the attacking nature that made the unit celebrated, decorated and overcompensated for five years under Dick Vermeil. The Chiefs scored 10 points against one of the league’s mediocre defenses.

You could see the poor performance coming when the Chiefs turned ultraconservative in the red zone on their second possession. The third-and-5 call foreshadowed a miserable day.

“Missed communication on the call,” Edwards said when I asked about the play call. “I’ll leave it at that.”

“Mike Solari came in at halftime and said he messed up,” Gonzalez said. “He thought it was third and 2.”

Another member of the Chiefs said Solari — who left the locker room without talking with reporters — thought it was second down.

Wow. Solari, Kansas City’s first-year, first-time offensive coordinator, thought the Chiefs needed just 2 yards or he thought it was second down. Was anybody else confused? I wasn’t.

That’s really bad coaching. And it reflects poorly on Edwards. He’s known as a bad game manager, a poor clock manager. He needed to call a timeout in that situation. Edwards needs to create an environment in which his veteran QB feels comfortable enough to call a timeout when a play call that bad gets signaled into his helmet.

Solari’s mistake wasn’t the lone Kansas City coaching error.

Gunther Cunningham’s defensive unit looked terrific until Cincy flipped to a no-huddle offense. Using a variety of disguised coverages and exotic blitzes, the Chiefs shut out the Bengals in the first quarter. Quarterback Carson Palmer and receiver Chad Johnson were out of rhythm. In the first quarter, Palmer shouted at Johnson for not making the proper route adjustment to man coverage.

In the second quarter, the Bengals switched to their no-huddle offense. KC’s defense turned vanilla — a lot more Cover 2 and a lot more predictable. By changing the pace of their offense, the Bengals dictated KC’s scheme and personnel and forced the Chiefs’ defensive linemen to start sucking air.

Cincinnati scored 17 points in the second quarter and took control of the game. You have to tip your hat to Marvin Lewis and his coaching staff. They miraculously managed to keep track of down and distance and use a little imagination.

You could argue that Chiefs fans booed for the wrong reason. You could also argue that they were right for booing.

Seriously how in the **** as an OC can you FORGET what ****ing down it is and how many ****ing yards you have left to go for a first down?!?!?! The OC probably should be paying more attention to the game than any other coach on the sidelines besides the HC. Please don't make reference to the Mizzou/Colorado 5th down incident, that will piss me off even more.

Miss communication my ass, Herm and Solari had a dispute as Solari wanted to pass and Herm wanted to settle for a FG. Ever wonder why Solari isnt talking to people? Probably because Herm told him not to. I guess Herm needed a puppet to run the offense as he knew coming into KC that Saunders had too big of an ego as an OC for Herm to contain or neuder.

Why is Black at RT again?!?!?

Guru
09-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Seriously how in the **** as an OC can you FORGET what ****ing down it is and how many ****ing yards you have left to go for a first down?!?!?! The OC probably should be paying more attention to the game than any other coach on the sidelines besides the HC. Please don't make reference to the Mizzou/Colorado 5th down incident, that will piss me off even more.

Miss communication my ass, Herm and Solari had a dispute as Solari wanted to pass and Herm wanted to settle for a FG. Ever wonder why Solari isnt talking to people? Probably because Herm told him not to. I guess Herm needed a puppet to run the offense as he knew coming into KC that Saunders had too big of an ego as an OC for Herm to contain or neuder.

Why is Black at RT again?!?!?

Exactly what I was thinking too. I don't buy that that OC forgot either one of those things.

The Dude Abides
09-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Hope thats not true, infighting gets us nowhere.

BigRock
09-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Oh, please. Whitlock didn't even try to float that conspiracy theory.

el borracho
09-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Ok, the 3rd and 5 play sucked but overall the playcalling wasn't as bad as the execution on the field. I imagine that the playcalling will get better with experience. Let's hope the execution gets better as well.

btlook1
09-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Ok, the 3rd and 5 play sucked but overall the playcalling wasn't as bad as the execution on the field. I imagine that the playcalling will get better with experience. Let's hope the execution gets better as well.

Just curious how the hell is the execution going to get better with Huard at the helm? He sucks and showed it today! He's a career 3rd string back up and I say it again he showed it! It's to early to say the sky is falling however why didn't we give Al Saunders the head coach job again????

Phobia
09-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Just curious how the hell is the execution going to get better with Huard at the helm?

The other 10 guys on the field are going to put a block on somebody, that's how.

btlook1
09-11-2006, 03:05 AM
The other 10 guys on the field are going to put a block on somebody, that's how.
I sure hope your right Phobia.....the defense I think will be fine this year! The offense is going to struggle....I hope not but that's what I think right now after this game......

CoMoChief
09-11-2006, 03:08 AM

The playcalling was indeed terrible. We ran the ball 5 straight times and Cincy had at least 8 in the box on that play. Talk about being predictable and stupidly conservative.

el borracho
09-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Just curious how the hell is the execution going to get better with Huard at the helm? He sucks and showed it today! He's a career 3rd string back up and I say it again he showed it! It's to early to say the sky is falling however why didn't we give Al Saunders the head coach job again????
OK, you don't like Huard. I don't care for him much, either, but there are some things he can do to help the Chiefs win until we get a better option. Execution can improve numerous ways. Maybe LJ and Dante won't fumble next week. Maybe our receivers won't drop catchable balls nor be directly responsible for an interception. Maybe our Oline will pass protect. Maybe Black won't play at all.

I don't know, dude. Do you really think that today was our "A" game? I saw a lot of players eff up (yes, including Huard) and I think many of them are capable of doing better (again including Huard).

el borracho
09-11-2006, 03:48 AM
The playcalling was indeed terrible. We ran the ball 5 straight times and Cincy had at least 8 in the box on that play. Talk about being predictable and stupidly conservative.
Well, you'll get no argument from me about that specific run on 3rd and five at the ten yard line. That was stupid, but generally speaking I have no problem running five straight times. LJ is easily the best player we have on O. We should give him the ball a ton this year.

Otter
09-11-2006, 03:49 AM
OK, you don't like Huard. I don't care for him much, either, but there are some things he can do to help the Chiefs win until we get a better option. Execution can improve numerous ways. Maybe LJ and Dante won't fumble next week. Maybe our receivers won't drop catchable balls nor be directly responsible for an interception. Maybe our Oline will pass protect. Maybe Black won't play at all.

I don't know, dude. Do you really think that today was our "A" game? I saw a lot of players eff up (yes, including Huard) and I think many of them are capable of doing better (again including Huard).

Go up the ladder a little bit.

The people running the show at 1 Arrowhead Drive don't know how to put a championship team together. If 17 years with Peterson and the, oh what is it now, 35 years before that, hasn't driven that home by now I really don't know what will.

You're pissing in the wind at this point.

I don't even give a **** anymore. Chiefs can lick my ass crack after a summer day run.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 07:17 AM

Wow, just wow..........that says alot about Edwards, Solari and their coaching competency. If we continue to see this sort of nonsense thoughout the season, they better be gone by next year. After this season, its probaby time to scrap the whole team and rebuild completely to be honest.

cookster50
09-11-2006, 07:24 AM
I think I figured out the miscommunication. Herm wanted Trent to take a knee, that way there would be only a remote chance at a fumble and then Tynes could get his three. By going for it on 3rd down, the Chiefs could have turned the ball over and gotten 0. Herm is pissed at Solari for not having Trent take a knee. That must be it!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Wow, just wow..........that says alot about Edwards, Solari and their coaching competency. If we continue to see this sort of nonsense thoughout the season, they better be gone by next year. After this season, its probaby time to scrap the whole team and rebuild completely to be honest.

I agree, it's pathetic. I just want the Chiefs to clean house, starting with Carl. I can't wait until that happens.

And I agree with Whitlock 100%.

cdcox
09-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Good article by Whitlock. By hiring a coach with NFL experience and retaining much of the staff and the same offense, the Chiefs front office sent a clear message that they were close to competing for a SB. Fair or not, Edwards won't get a honeymoon.

C-Mac
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I want to give the staff and players at least one more week. Wonder how things would be if we miraculously beat Denver or even have a chance to late in the game. I feel good about the defense and I will give Herm\Solari and Oline a fair amount of time to gel and correct things.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2006, 08:24 AM
I don't know what the future holds, but we played like dog shit yesterday.

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I don't know what the future holds, but we played like dog shit yesterday.A new OT, OG, C, backup/blocking TE, FB, WR, DT, and more youth at CB.

I would say backup QB but the development of Croyle should lead to a more acceptable version of a backup QB.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I watched a lot of football yesterday and can say with little doubt the Chiefs were one of the worst if not the worst overall team I saw. The Niners looked a lot more explosive and composed than the Chiefs. Every team I watched looked pretty good on at least one side of the ball. The Chiefs were the only team that looked pretty much clueless on both.

I honestly think Herm Average could easily lead this team to a 1-8 record before the first Oakland matchup on Nov 19th.

greg63
09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Well I know things are bad now; I actually read and agreed with what Fatlock had to say. It is a sad, sad day indeed.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I understand Solari is a first time offensive coordinator and this was his first real game and all, but that mix-up on 3rd and 5 is inexcusable.

I don't understand why didn't one of the offensive assistants such as Shea, Joiner, Saxon, etc speak up and question to see if this was the call Solari intended to call for this situation. That reveals a lack of communication on the offensive side of the coaching staff IMO (that includes Herm).

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't understand why didn't one of the offensive assistants such as Shea, Joiner, Saxon, etc speak up and question to see if this was the call Solari intended to call for this situation. That reveals a lack of communication on the offensive side of the coaching staff IMO (that includes Herm).Everyone probably thought that it was the right call with all of the talk leading up to the game about playing for FG's.

PRIEST
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I agree, it's pathetic. I just want the Chiefs to clean house, starting with Carl. I can't wait until that happens.

And I agree with Whitlock 100%.

This will be dream come true ,when it happens, if if it happens
:(

So tired of Carls circle jerk of friends,KC needs new blood

morphius
09-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Everyone probably thought that it was the right call with all of the talk leading up to the game about playing for FG's.
Plus it isn't like you have a lot of time before the play is called and run, and with Herms not wanting to take offensive TO's early...

BigChiefFan
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
A new OT, OG, C, backup/blocking TE, FB, WR, DT, and more youth at CB.

I would say backup QB but the development of Croyle should lead to a more acceptable version of a backup QB.So we do have a future. Whew, I was sweatin' it there for a minute. :)

ChiTown
09-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Wow, that's bad.

2nd down? 3rd and 2?

Fuggin Retards!

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
So we do have a future. Whew, I was sweatin' it there for a minute. :)We really need for one of the youngsters on the OL to step up like Waters did when he was new here.

ChiTown
09-11-2006, 10:02 AM
We really need for one of the youngsters on the OL to step up like Waters did when he was new here.

I just don't see where it's going to come from. Honestly, what young buck OL looked impressive in preseason?

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
I just don't see where it's going to come from. Honestly, what young buck OL looked impressive in preseason?Waters was on the verge of getting shipped out of town because of all the fumbling during the snap and he turned out fine.

I don't mean just stepping up this year becuase it might not be until next year that someone shows. Sampson has a chance this season because he'll get playing time. He hasn't shown anything yet so it's doubtful that he'll be the one. He might not even be able to stay healthy.

Svitek next year or maybe later this year. Stallings at OG next year in place of Shields (there is no way that he's coming back). Rudy Niswanger at C next year because Weigman might be on the down hill.

Next year might be a good time to move Turley to RT and look outside for a LT.

Either way the line is going to be the weak link this year.

Chief Chief
09-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Whitlock surprises me. I fully expected his column to bestow upon us once again all the reasons why Carl should immediately sign Jeff George so the Chiefs will go into the game against the Bonkos with a veteran QB.

Why do you torture us die-hard fans like this, Jason? Please! We beg you! Write those words we're so familiar with! Don't hold back on us! Give it to us now, hard and straight, so those of us who dare may deliver our mocks and jeers in return! Do it, Jason! Nobody does it better!

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Whitlock surprises me. I fully expected his column to bestow upon us once again all the reasons why Carl should immediately sign Jeff George so the Chiefs will go into the game against the Bonkos with a veteran QB.

Why do you torture us die-hard fans like this, Jason? Please! We beg you! Write those words we're so familiar with! Don't hold back on us! Give it to us now, hard and straight, so those of us who dare may deliver our mocks and jeers in return! Do it, Jason! Nobody does it better!

Actually, most of the time Whitlock is right on. Most Chiefs fans don't like him because the truth hurts them. The Jeff George bit is just for jokes he tries to instill in his columns. He's halfway being serious, because Jeff and him are long time friends, but it's really all for play. I think he keeps doing it because most people take it way too seriously.

isired
09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
beware, it's gonna start to get crowded under that bus...

Halfcan
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM

Where did all of our shifting before the snap go??? They were soooo obvious on the run plays-Cincy had 8 guys waiting for LJ. And they thought we did't need T Rich anymore???

Herm has quickly worn out his welcome around here. :banghead:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2006, 10:36 AM
That's another thing people forget or fail to mention. Last year, Herm threw quite a few of his players and coaches under the bus last year during hard times. During adversity, that's when your true character shows...

Mecca
09-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Waters was on the verge of getting shipped out of town because of all the fumbling during the snap and he turned out fine.

I don't mean just stepping up this year becuase it might not be until next year that someone shows. Sampson has a chance this season because he'll get playing time. He hasn't shown anything yet so it's doubtful that he'll be the one. He might not even be able to stay healthy.

Svitek next year or maybe later this year. Stallings at OG next year in place of Shields (there is no way that he's coming back). Rudy Niswanger at C next year because Weigman might be on the down hill.

Next year might be a good time to move Turley to RT and look outside for a LT.

Either way the line is going to be the weak link this year.

Wiegmann got trucked several times yesterday by no name average DT's. Apparently it's all coming to a head at once with the age and lack of talent at certain positions........remember what happened to the Raiders a few years ago when they were old?

TEX
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
That's another thing people forget or fail to mention. Last year, Herm threw quite a few of his players and coaches under the bus last year during hard times. During adversity, that's when your true character shows...

And he did it on a weekly basis. That's exactly what I thought of when I heard the Chiefs were interested in him. How he ever got to be a head coach is beyond me.

KcMizzou
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
That's another thing people forget or fail to mention. Last year, Herm threw quite a few of his players and coaches under the bus last year during hard times. During adversity, that's when your true character shows...He can't throw it and coach it too.

whoman69
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
I just realized that the Chiefs are going to use Trent's injury as an excuse as to why they will suck ass this year. Herm is going to have a ready made path to a second year with no repercussions from the front office.

Hydrae
09-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Does it concern anyone that Tony is speaking out freely against the coaching staff this way already? This does not sound like a team right now if they shoot at each other this fast.

LesterLyles
09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Does it concern anyone that Tony is speaking out freely against the coaching staff this way already? This does not sound like a team right now if they shoot at each other this fast.

This is very typical of a Herm coached team. Players and coaches are allowed to talk the media freely, which often leads to conflicting messages. His control oof the team is very suspect. Herm throws people under the bus, assitants defends themselves and players are saying whatever they want. It creastes chaos!

I really feel bad for you guys. I love the KC franchise and from being on this board you guys are very knowledgale fans. Like I said yesterday, I still think you will bounce back and wyou will play smeaningful games this year but in general, I think you are ultmately doomed w/ the fraud you have as a head coach.

Coy Bacon
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Look at all this squabbling and pannic. I told you mooks that the Bengals were gonna come out there and kick the shit out of the Chefs. They faced a sea of red-clad fans and left behind a sea of red seats and tears. They traumatized you so bad, you've turned inward on yourselves. So satisfying.

craneref
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Look at all this squabbling and pannic. I told you mooks that the Bengals were gonna come out there and kick the shit out of the Chefs. They faced a sea of red-clad fans and left behind a sea of red seats and tears. They traumatized you so bad, you've turned inward on yourselves. So satisfying.

Step away from the crack pipe. Your savior Carson Palmer through for a stinkin' 127 yards, for an entire game, our sucky backup through fro 140 in just over a quarter. How about that vaunted running game, no rusher over 100 yards and less than 4 yards a carry. Take out 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter and you lose 10-9 to a team that GAVE you turnover after turnover in prestigeous field position and 7 sacks. You guys are lucky the CHIEFS just sucked worse than the bungals Sunday, but that was NOT an impressive showing by the bungals, no matter how many sprots casters are on their knees in front of the team. I will take any victory, no matter how ugley, but I sure wouldn't be running my mouth after rolling up the 2nd least amount of offensive yards on opening day!! GO CHIEFS!!

craneref
09-11-2006, 10:05 PM

Step away from the crack pipe. Your savior Carson Palmer through for a stinkin' 127 yards, for an entire game, our sucky backup through fro 140 in just over a quarter. How about that vaunted running game, no rusher over 100 yards and less than 4 yards a carry. Take out 5 minutes in the 2nd quarter and you lose 10-9 to a team that GAVE you turnover after turnover in prestigeous field position and 7 sacks. You guys are lucky the CHIEFS just sucked worse than the bungals Sunday, but that was NOT an impressive showing by the bungals, no matter how many sports casters are on their knees in front of the team. I will take any victory, no matter how ugley, but I sure wouldn't be running my mouth after rolling up the 2nd least amount of offensive yards on opening day!! GO CHIEFS!!

TEX
09-11-2006, 10:44 PM

What's a mook anyway? Is it tard for Bengal? :hmmm:

Guru
09-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I just realized that the Chiefs are going to use Trent's injury as an excuse as to why they will suck ass this year. Herm is going to have a ready made path to a second year with no repercussions from the front office.

Yep, he has his path laid out before him. we lose... well our QB went down early on and that set us back. We win.... I am an excellent coach.

Calcountry
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM

Why is Black at RT again?!?!?Herm don't buy into that.

He's just going to leave it at that.

It is what it is.

chiefsfan1963
09-11-2006, 11:50 PM
the good news is Herm is CP's last HC hire, the bad news is we have to watch in pain while our O goes from the Top 1 the past 5 years to dropping below the Top 20 ranks!

All b/c we did little to prepare for the inevitable retirements and/or injuries of our veteren OL players after the 2005 season. We took for granted our goose that lays the golden eggs, and now he's dead. And b/c of that stupid ass management F*ck up we are going to pay freakin dearly!

Finally CP let a first rate OC who has earned Chief's HC position after 5 years of awesome production to a "play to not lose no creativity no guts" head coach. Complete arrogance and stupidity!

It's going to be painful to watch our offensive tools go to waste, it's is going to be painful to watch QB after QB get destroyed each week.

All we had to do is hire AS, do all we could do during the offseason to insure our OL remain one of the best in the league (not necessarily the best just very decent), and improve the D just a little little bit and we would be a playoff team! Instead we going to watch one of the best OL drop to one of the worst.

That's very poor MANAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!
AND THE FANS ARE GOING TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 12:08 AM
the good news is Herm is CP's last HC hire, the bad news is we have to watch in pain while our O goes from the Top 1 the past 5 years to dropping below the Top 20 ranks!

All b/c we did little to prepare for the inevitable retirements and/or injuries of our veteren OL players after the 2005 season. We took for granted our goose that lays the golden eggs, and now he's dead. And b/c of that stupid ass management F*ck up we are going to pay freakin dearly!

Finally CP let a first rate OC who has earned Chief's HC position after 5 years of awesome production to a "play to not lose no creativity no guts" head coach. Complete arrogance and stupidity!

It's going to be painful to watch our offensive tools go to waste, it's is going to be painful to watch QB after QB get destroyed each week.

All we had to do is hire AS, do all we could do during the offseason to insure our OL remain one of the best in the league (not necessarily the best just very decent), and improve the D just a little little bit and we would be a playoff team! Instead we going to watch one of the best OL drop to one of the worst.

Yes.... but I saved over 50% by switching to GEICO

Anyong Bluth
09-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm not buying it about the "miscommunication" bullshit.
If Solari called it... could it be that maybe his coach came out and talked about his playcalling during the preseason, already!?

What happened to "You play to win the game!"
A TD on that series, and given the fact their O wasn't moving early could have changed shit quite a bit. Doesn't help to be down by over 2 scores when the rains starts coming down, either.

I think the O line loooked HORRIBLE. THE D played pretty well given that all the turnovers and the short field they had to deal with on a couple of possessions.
Remember, this team was facing one of the better offenses... kind of like what we were!

Guru
09-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not buying it about the "miscommunication" bullshit.
If Solari called it... could it be that maybe his coach came out and talked about his playcalling during the preseason, already!?

I really think it has more to do with that statement than Solari making a boneheaded call. Solari has his hands tied and is trying to do what he beleives Herm wants. herm through him under the bus again.

greg63
09-12-2006, 01:00 AM
I really think it has more to do with that statement than Solari making a boneheaded call. Solari has his hands tied and is trying to do what he beleives Herm wants. herm through him under the bus again.

He's become a real Hermroid. :p

TEX
09-12-2006, 01:06 AM

All good points which I agree with, but none of it matters now. We're stuck with Herm. And I bet if Carl wants to continue to be King Czar, or whatever his title is, that he'll get the chance once again to produce yet another 5-year-plan after Herm is gone which can't be soon enough IMO. :shake:

TinyEvel
09-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Heard on the ESPN that Huard is 5 wins for 6 NFL starts.
:shrug: