PDA

View Full Version : Need some fantasy advice

rageeumr
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Ok here's the deal: Portis fell late into the first round in my draft, and all of the other "marquee" guys had gone, and I felt like I had to take a chance with him. I also handcuffed Duckett to him. I also picked up Chris Brown with a late pick. My league is a 12 man league with 16 spots per team so there are NO RB's available. I mean nobody.

I didn't want to play Chris Brown because of him splitting carries with Travis Henry, and I thought Duckett was going to get the majority of Washington's carries. Now Ladell Betts has been named the starter, and Portis is supposedly available for backup duty. I picked up Betts as well to keep my options open.

So Fantasy swami's, who is it, Portis, Betts or Duckett?

Fried Meat Ball!
09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Din't read, but go with N. Portman and N. Kidman over R. Barr and Tubgirl. I think you'll be happy.

Fried Meat Ball!
09-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh... sorry. Wrong fantasy.

ct
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
If you've already locked your lineup this week into playing one of them, go with Betts.

And btw, I bet there are a couple RBs on the wire that might help you down the line.

Starting optimistically (meaning they're prolly on a roster)

Michael Turner
Brandon Jacobs
Jerious Norwood
Travis Henry
Correll Buckhalter
Jerome Harrison
Anthony Thomas (McGahee already dinged up a bit)
Cedric Cobbs (Mike Bell might need surgery on his hand)
Kenny Watson (until Chris Perry comes off PUP)

and then there's always Vernand Morency or Ron Dayne, if you're into the Shanahan/Kubiak RBBC nightmare.

StcChief
09-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't you just love the leagues that draft 16-25 players.
Just Stupid.

If your gonna do that Why not have Individual Defense players. Leaving the pool open for injury, bye weeks etc.

chop
09-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Don't you just love the leagues that draft 16-25 players.
Just Stupid.

If your gonna do that Why not have Individual Defense players. Leaving the pool open for injury, bye weeks etc.

I'm in an auction style league where we have two days a week to bid on players. This is a 12 team league and the roster size is 22 players. We do use individual def players but the waiver wire is still pretty dry. The best FA rb available is Henry and then there is a big drop off. It's a pretty boring league. Set your line up and check in occasionally.

Simplex3
09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Din't read, but go with N. Portman and N. Kidman over R. Barr and Tubgirl. I think you'll be happy.
I'm not going second fiddle to Tom Cruise even if it IS N. Kidman.

greg63
09-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh... sorry. Wrong fantasy.
ROFL

I wondered how long it would take for some one to respond as such.