PDA

View Full Version : Game By Game Prediction

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Completely without emotion here is my prediction of the 2006 season:

Cincy-Lost @Den-Loss BYE SF-Win @Arizona-Loss @Pitt-Loss SD-Loss Seattle-Loss @St Louis-Loss @Miami-Loss Oakland-Win Denver-Loss @Cleveland-Win Baltimore-Loss @SD-Loss @Oakland-Loss Jacksonville-Loss
3-13 and picking 1st or 2nd in the 2007 draft. With some good bounces I could see it going as well as 5-11 and a couple bad bounces and I could see it going 2-14. It is nearly impossible to not win at least two games in today's NFL so I really don't see it being worse than 3-13. How do you see it?

shaneo69
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Maybe we can add Ted Ginn Jr. to the offense after this 3-13 season.

noa
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
We'll beat the Chargers at home.

DaFace
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Holy crap this place is pessimistic. I could see that result if Trent was out for the season, but other than that, your predictions are rediculous.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Holy crap this place is pessimistic. I could see that result if Trent was out for the season, but other than that, your predictions are rediculous.

Point out the games that I have marked as losses that are ridiculous. I watched all the short cuts from yesterday's games on Directv and every loss I have marked is because that team looked quite a bit better than the Chiefs with the exception of the Bolts and Raiders which we haven't seen yet.

Halfcan
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Losing to the Faders- ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2006, 09:53 AM
If we play like we did yesterday, 3 wins is pushing it.

Hound333
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
If we play like we did this sunday every week then 3-13 is a realistic number. We will get LJ the ball more. We will win more than 3. We will end up around 8-8 and in the middle of the pack on draft day. I almost wish we would go 3-13 because I don't think we got a chance of the playoffs unless we get much better.

DaFace
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm not into predicting games, but I see us having a pretty good chance of winning over Arizona, San Diego at home, St Louis, Miami, Oakland at home and in Oakland, over Baltimore, and over Jacksonville. Not saying we will, but we are NOT as bad as we looked yesterday.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 09:56 AM
If we play like we did yesterday, 3 wins is pushing it.

I did give us credit for beating the 9ers and they actually looked a lot better than us. So I was being generous with the 3 W's.

KcMizzou
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I was being generous with the 3 W's.Good God, man. :shake:

Fish
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM

Completely without emotion?? I don't think your predictions could contain any more emotion than they do right now.....

I've read some of your other posts, and you sound like you're typing this with a loaded pistol resting on the mousepad. You are so deep in despair right now it's not even funny.

Doom and gloom all you want, but it's just the first game in a long season and the team we saw yesterday is not the same team we will see in 6 weeks.....

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm not into predicting games, but I see us having a pretty good chance of winning over Arizona, San Diego at home, St Louis, Miami, Oakland at home and in Oakland, over Baltimore, and over Jacksonville. Not saying we will, but we are NOT as bad as we looked yesterday.

Well there certainly isn't a game that I am predicting a loss that is "ridiculous"....Every loss I predicted; we would likely be an underdog by Vegas lines at this point. Reality is we will likely win a couple we shouldn't and probably lose one or two of those that we should win but bottom line if yesterday is any indication at all we are one of the worst two or three teams in the league. That isn't me being emotional and upset at all, that is just what played out.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Completely without emotion?? I don't think your predictions could contain any more emotion than they do right now.....

I've read some of your other posts, and you sound like you're typing this with a loaded pistol resting on the mousepad. You are so deep in despair right now it's not even funny.

Lead me to one post that is even remotely emotional. I am honestly so beyond emotion with this team. My emotional spirt was choked out probably two or three years ago. I watch the Chief games now with kind of a rubber necker at an accident feel to it.

KCChiefsFan88
09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Come on, once we get Trent back (and I'm sticking with my belief he'll be back for the 49ers game, after the bye week) and Solari settles in as OC, and Sampson returns from injury and the starting offensive line jells together this team will begin to make its run.

I'm still thinking 8-8 or 9-7

Woodrow Call
09-11-2006, 10:09 AM
I think this D can win a few games for the Chiefs and remember this was a Bengals team that is a Super Bowl contender. Huard also showed me enough that once he gets rid of the rust he should be servicable.
If Green comes back after the bye 10-6 or 9-7 is possible if not I think Huard and the D can get the Chiefs in the .500 range with a few breaks.

Keep in mind that the AFC West might be a division that might be won with a 9-7 record and I see 9 or 10 games on the schedule that the Chiefs can win. So I still have hope.

ChiTown
09-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Cincy-Lost @Den-Loss BYE SF-Win @Arizona-Loss @Pitt-Loss SD-Win Seattle-Win @St Louis-Loss @Miami-win Oakland-Win Denver-Win @Cleveland-Loss Baltimore-Loss @SD-Loss @Oakland-Loss Jacksonville-Loss

6-10

And, that is if our OL improves week to week. Outside, real outside chance at 8-8

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Well one of the biggest problems is the only "easy" games on that schedule are Oakland, Cleveland and SF...Oakland is a division rival so anything can happen and SF appears to be dramatically improved over last year. There aren't the usual 3-5 fairly easy W's on the schedule like most years. Baltimore and St Louis looked like two of the easier ones going into yesterday but after what they did they proved even those will be tough.

Halfcan
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
You guys are hoping to go 3-13 and lose to the Faders??-pull your head out of the gas oven and get control of yourself. It was one game-move on.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:21 AM
You guys are hoping to go 3-13 and lose to the Faders??-pull your head out of the gas oven and get control of yourself. It was one game-move on.

Well if you think I am so crazy I propose a wager....You tell me how many games you predict the Chiefs will win, as I have picked 3 and whoever is closest to the overall W count wins. You can name the wager. You could obviously pick 4 and put yourself in a great position to win the bet as 4 wins or more would take care of it but since anything that low is crazy talk I am comfortable you won't pick anything remotely near that low.

Fish
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Lead me to one post that is even remotely emotional. I am honestly so beyond emotion with this team. My emotional spirt was choked out probably two or three years ago. I watch the Chief games now with kind of a rubber necker at an accident feel to it.

Posting a prediction the day after the first game saying we'll only win 3 games all year, and even those 3 games are a stretch.

My emotional spirt was choked out probably two or three years ago.
Translation: You're actually overly-emotional right now. You're frustrated and full of despair.

If you really got no emotional enjoyment watching the Chiefs, you would have quit watching two or three years ago.

Otter
09-11-2006, 10:22 AM
Come on, once we get Trent back (and I'm sticking with my belief he'll be back for the 49ers game, after the bye week)

If you've never had a bad concussion it's a little more than an "ouchie".

Symptoms like vomiting, sensitivity to light, inability to concentrate and headaches can go on for weeks and months. This looks like a pretty bad hit to me:

http://www.hotlinkthis.com/images/trenthit1.gif

Trent turned 36 a couple months ago, I don't think he's going to push himself back behind that offensive line too quickly.

I'm just guessing like everyone else however.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Posting a prediction the day after the first game saying we'll only win 3 games all year, and even those 3 games are a stretch.

Translation: You're actually overly-emotional right now. You're frustrated and full of despair.

If you really got no emotional enjoyment watching the Chiefs, you would have quit watching two or three years ago.

Dude you haven't a clue and probably should stop pretending as if you do. In the last three weeks I have spent two in the hospital undergoing three back surgeries. After the first one went awry I laid in the hospital for a week in severe pain without use of my right leg. I can assure you spending a week thinking you may never walk again at age 34 puts life in a completely different perspective. And I can assure you there are few things in life that are more meaningless than how the Chiefs play football on Sunday's after being faced with something like that.

So as I sit here on 9/11 of all days, fresh off a brand new perspective of life, I can assure you that there are few things more meaningless, trival and emotionally driven than the outcome of a hobby.

Fish
09-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I can assure you that there are few things more meaningless, trival and emotionally driven than the outcome of a hobby.

But.... here you sit creating threads over the outcome of a meaningless, trival and emotionally driven hobby? And then post over and over trying to defend your opinion?

I'm sorry about your back surgeries and all, but to sit here and say the Chiefs' performance was meaningless to you is silly...

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Cincy-Lost @Den-Loss BYE SF-Win @Arizona-Loss @Pitt-Loss SD-Win Seattle-Win @St Louis-Loss @Miami-win Oakland-Win Denver-Win @Cleveland-Loss Baltimore-Loss @SD-Loss @Oakland-Loss Jacksonville-Loss

6-10

And, that is if our OL improves week to week. Outside, real outside chance at 8-8

Seattle will probably own us.......

I pretty much look at it like this guy does I thought the Chiefs looked like maybe the worst team in the NFL yesterday.....3-4 wins is what I was thinking too.

Calvin Johnson here we come.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
But.... here you sit creating threads over the outcome of a meaningless, trival and emotionally driven hobby? And then post over and over trying to defend your opinion?

And did you ever stop and think what a person who just had three back surgeries has to do for a few weeks following said back surgeries? How about laying around and killing time Einstein....

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
If Green is out for an extended period I'd guess 6-10 but if he's back week 4 I'm downgrading to 8-8 from 9-7

Dave

Fish
And did you ever stop and think what a person who just had three back surgeries has to do for a few weeks following said back surgeries?

Sit around proposing doom on the Chiefs' season?

ChiTown
Seattle will probably own us.......

I pretty much look at it like this guy does I thought the Chiefs looked like maybe the worst team in the NFL yesterday.....3-4 wins is what I was thinking too.

Calvin Johnson here we come.

The Seattle game will be our "Super Bowl"............I think we win.

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Sit around proposing doom on the Chiefs' season?

Just sitting around and speaking the truth about what we saw around the league after the first week....Had we looked great I would have posted the same thread talking about how I think we will go 12-4 or whatever....But the bottom line is I would speak the truth regardless of what that truth might be. I suppose I could be like you and many others and sell the same story regardless of the facts presented but I prefer to live in reality and truths as opposed to fairytales and wishful thinking.

If you think I am dooming and glooming without merit feel free to pick as many of those games that I have forcasted a loss and name the wager you would like to put on it(as many or as few as you would like) I am more than willing to honor any wager you would like to place on any of those games that I am "dooming and glooming" about.

Fish
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Just sitting around and speaking the truth about what we saw around the league after the first week....

Actually you're speaking "your" opinion of what "you" think you saw around the league. You've seen 1 game, and from that you think you can extrapolate the entire season....?

Had we looked great I would have posted the same thread talking about how I think we will go 12-4 or whatever....

OK.... this statement right here shows what kind of fan you are....

Since we lost, we're barely gonna win 3 games all year. But if we would have won, you would have predicted a 12 win season.

Your football knowledge has become apparent.... I think I'm done with this conversation.....

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Actually you're speaking "your" opinion of what "you" think you saw around the league. You've seen 1 game, and from that you think you can extrapolate the entire season....?

OK.... this statement right here shows what kind of fan you are....

Since we lost, we're barely gonna win 3 games all year. But if we would have won, you would have predicted a 12 win season.

Your football knowledge has become apparent.... I think I'm done with this conversation.....

Has nothing to do with a simple win or loss but how teams looked in the process dumbass....

If I am emotionally running off at the yap and don't know what I am talking about then there should be lots of easy money for you to take from me yet you aren't stepping up and taking any....Why not? Chicken shit or afraid I know more than you? Come Fish boy step up...

Mecca
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Fish thinks we should think exactly the same of our team as we did before the game despite almost every question mark about the team coming to light in a negative way......

Fish
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Has nothing to do with a simple win or loss but how teams looked in the process dumbass....

If I am emotionally running off at the yap and don't know what I am talking about then there should be lots of easy money for you to take from me yet you aren't stepping up and taking any....Why not? Chicken shit or afraid I know more than you? Come Fish boy step up...

$100 says the Chiefs win at least 4 games....AND when the bet is over the loser leaves Chiefsplanet.

If you've got it all figured out just by watching the first game, then this shouldn't be a problem for you... You've already said it.... the question is are you as stupid with your money as you are your mouth?

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Fish thinks we should think exactly the same of our team as we did before the game despite almost every question mark about the team coming to light in a negative way......

I think the preseason sort of cemented those question marks in my brain

Dave

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
$100 says the Chiefs win at least 4 games....AND when the bet is over the loser leaves Chiefsplanet.

If you've got it all figured out just by watching the first game, then this shouldn't be a problem for you... You've already said it.... the question is are you as stupid with your money as you are your mouth?

Boy, for such a smart guy you seem to struggle quite a bit...That wasn't the bet there Skippy.....You are welcome to pick any 4 games that I predicted losses and bet $100 each on them if you would like. I predicted 12 more losses so you can step up and bet $100 on each of them if you would like. Pick your games, should be easy and free money cause I don't know what I am talking about.

Fish
09-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Boy, for such a smart guy you seem to struggle quite a bit...That wasn't the bet there Skippy.....

Hey dipshit.... you already called the bet....

Well if you think I am so crazy I propose a wager....You tell me how many games you predict the Chiefs will win, as I have picked 3 and whoever is closest to the overall W count wins. You can name the wager.

Or have you already figured out what a stupid bet that is and decided to change it? I understand your fear. It would probably be best if you keep making excuses to try to save face at this point.....

NaptownChief
09-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey dipshit.... you already called the bet....

Or have you already figured out what a stupid bet that is and decided to change it? I understand your fear. It would probably be best if you keep making excuses to try to save face at this point.....

Are you posting under the name Halfcan also there dipshit:
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Halfcan
You guys are hoping to go 3-13 and lose to the Faders??-pull your head out of the gas oven and get control of yourself. It was one game-move on. <HR SIZE=1>Well if you think I am so crazy I propose a wager....You tell me how many games you predict the Chiefs will win, as I have picked 3 and whoever is closest to the overall W count wins. You can name the wager. You could obviously pick 4 and put yourself in a great position to win the bet as 4 wins or more would take care of it but since anything that low is crazy talk I am comfortable you won't pick anything remotely near that low.

Come on Tuna boy I offered you a bet and now you are trying to take Halfcan's offer.....Again you aren't too sharp are you. Man up and take the bet I offered you or tuck tail and get your KC Tuna out of here.

TEX
09-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Cincy-Lost @Den-Loss BYE SF-Win @Arizona-Loss @Pitt-Loss SD-Loss Seattle-Loss @St Louis-Loss @Miami-Loss Oakland-Win Denver-Loss @Cleveland-Win Baltimore-Loss @SD-Loss @Oakland-Loss Jacksonville-Loss
3-13 and picking 1st or 2nd in the 2007 draft. With some good bounces I could see it going as well as 5-11 and a couple bad bounces and I could see it going 2-14. It is nearly impossible to not win at least two games in today's NFL so I really don't see it being worse than 3-13. How do you see it?

Before the season started I had us going 7-9. Now with Trent out, I'll say 4-12. We beat SF, split with Oakland, beat the Rams and Browns. We'll go 2-6 at home and on the road. Oh well, it is what it is. :shake:

Adept Havelock
09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
At this point, I'm expecting 7-9....most of the wins to come later in the season.