PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2000 - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Frazod
12-25-2000, 02:09 AM
The Good:

The inspired play of Gonzo, Elvis, Alexander, Clemons, Hicks and Mazlowski. Sweeping the scumbag Broncos and denying them the division. Sweeping the Seahags, and avenging their 1999 sweep of us. Dumping the Rams. The addition of Sauerbrun. A decent draft, featuring rookies who show some real potential. Pulling the plug on Stoyonovich. Flashes of brilliant from T-Rich, who didn't get nearly enough playing time.

The Bad and the Ugly:

Pretty much everything I didn't mention. Poor coaching, lack of motivation, and getting slapped around by the doormats of the league in several humiliating losses we should have undeniably won. Getting swept by the Raiders. RBbC. NOT giving T-Rich more playing time. Deadweight morons like Bennett, Williams and Gray. Not dumping Stoyo soon enough to get a decent replacement. NOT GETTING A QUALITY RB IN THE OFFSEASON! Numb-nuts Chester showing up for one game in the three, and racking up enough penalty yards to travel to the moon. No decent return man and horrid special teams play (except Sauerbrun).

Recommendations for the future: Dump ALL RBs except for T-Rich and Moreau and loser f#ckheads like Williams and Gray. Get a star RB if possible. Resign Elvis. Use high draft pick for a good DL or LB. FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF and bring in some new blood.

Special Thanks: For winning both games I saw at Arrowhead. Perhaps I should attend more - they've never lost a home game I've attended.

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 12-25-2000).]

AZChief
12-25-2000, 02:20 AM
The Good: A solid, young pair of tackles, Elvis maturing, Gonzo, Derrick Alexander, playing our draft picks for a change, Maz's emotion,

The Bad: Grunny contemplating retirement, Hasty, Kimble, Shields may move on or retire, Dennis still playing 10 yards off receivers, Patton getting old, Edwards not making enough "big" plays, Special Teams coverage, KC too cheap to sign Corey Dillon/Fred Taylor, RBbC still employed in '00, Empty Arrowhead returning after 11 year absence, too many defensive penalties, poor game planning, weak 3rd down defense, soft zone (the chiefs play bump and frickin' run!!), red pants/white belts.

The Ugly: Stock, Schott, Raye, losing to SF, SD, NE, and ATL.

The Unacceptable: Raiders 2000 AFC West Champs.

AZ

Frazod
12-25-2000, 02:26 AM
Good additions, AZ, except:

1. I like the red pants!

2. Better Oakland than Denver.

I should have mentioned the O-Line, but was pressed for room. And I think Dennis will get better.

AZChief
12-25-2000, 02:39 AM
I'll let you keep the red pants but I have to disagree with #2! I will always pull for Denver over the Raiders. I hate everything about that organization!

AZ

Frazod
12-25-2000, 02:55 AM
AZ, I feel the same way, in reverse. There is nothing on earth I hate more than Denver.

I believe Denver is pretty much doomed. They'll either play against Baltimore or Tennessee next week on the road (no Elway voodoo or thin air to bail their lame, overrated a$$es out this time). Either of these teams should easily and thoroughly pound the sh!t out of them. Can't wait to see it.

I think Oakland will fare better, but lose the AFC Championship game to Baltimore or Tennessee.

Mosbonian
12-25-2000, 07:50 AM
Guys:

Great assessment.....

I will say this about Dennis though. He is still a rookie who was playing under fire all year. The best of the NFL was put on him and he learned by baptism by fire.

I remember a few years back a rookie CB that spent all of his rookie season being toasted by the NFL elite receiving corps. I remember how all the fans were calling for his head, begging the Chiefs to bring in someone who could do the job and not give up a TD on almost every throw. But the rookie kid held up under the scrutiny, learned by his mistakes and showed his toughness. The next year he came out and showed just why he was the man for the job. He went on to several years as "one tough hombre" in a pretty tough defense. The rookie's name:

Kevin "The Rock" Ross

mark

AZChief
12-25-2000, 04:40 PM
Kilgore, I remember that well and totally agree that we/I must be patient. I can't call for the coach to play the "kids" every year and then whine when they make rookie mistakes. I look for big improvement from Bartee, Dennis, and SlyMo next year.

Let's hope our '01 draft is as great as our '00!

Happy Holidays to Chiefs fans everywhere.
AZ

Tribal Warfare
12-25-2000, 05:00 PM
Lets hope that Lynn Styles can draft as well as he did last year.

kcred
12-25-2000, 05:31 PM
I think Cat will benefit from a full training camp, in the NFL, timing is everything, and camp is the place to get it. As far as Ross was concerned, you are right, but he was playing bump and run, not zone coverage, and please don't try to compare him and Dennis in the tackling department. Dennis is not even close.

Mosbonian
12-25-2000, 07:06 PM
kcred:

If you remember, Ross was not a very good tackler in his first year either. The point is that Ross learned from his mistakes, so we must hope that Dennis does. You are trying to compare the "more-seasoned" Kevin Ross with Dennis.

Quite frankly the Zone coverage that Dennis was introduced to this year hindered his development. I say give him the off season to put on some muscle, work on his coverage & tackling skills and then lets judge him.

mark