PDA

View Full Version : Sampson vs. Black at RT

FringeNC
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I hope Sampson is ready by next week. Who knows if he will be an improvement. He didn't look very good in preseason, but he can't play much worse than Jordan Black.

...but with Huard starting, not sure it really matters...

Under Vermeil and Saunders (with Roaf), I always felt the Chiefs had a chance to come back win the game if they were behind. Yesterday, when we were down 17-3, I knew the game was over.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 10:37 AM
I hope Sampson is ready by next week. Who knows if he will be an improvement. He didn't look very good in preseason, but he can't play much worse than Jordan Black.

...but with Huard starting, not sure it really matters...

Under Vermeil and Saunders (with Roaf), I always felt the Chiefs had a chance to come back win the game if they were behind. Yesterday, when we were down 17-3, I knew the game was over.

Yep, when Green went out

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Sampson is better than Black in the running game at least and that will help.

But he's got to get healthy first.

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I think they're both pretty bad and Turley is going to have power ends throw him around.......whoever is playing QB is basically going to get hammered every game for this entire season.

BigChiefFan
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Sampson looked good last year until his ailment. I still believe Sampson can be a quality tackle. I think we should consider moving Sampson to LT and Turley to the right.

Fish
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Sampson looked good last year until his ailment. I still believe Sampson can be a quality tackle. I think we should consider moving Sampson to LT and Turley to the right.

Why put the lesser of the tackles on the QB's blind side? At least at RT the QB will be able to see when a defender breaks through. If a defender is gonna get to the QB, I'd rather give him a chance to see it coming.....

KCWolfman
09-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Is Sampson ready?

I believe he is better than Black, especially in pocket protection, but he has to be healthy.

Damn, it sucks getting used to a styling and then having it ripped away - Our OLine was one of the best in the game for several years. Now it looks to be gone.

Play action was genius under DeBerg, Defense was phenomenal with Thomas and Smith, special teams rocked with Lewis and Ross. We ruled in takeaways for almost a decade.

Just when a certain aspect shines, you lose another.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2006, 11:08 AM
why would you put sampson at Left tackle when his weakness is pass blocking??

Turley had problems with the power rush again yesterday.

he needs to eat,eat,eat and live in the Gym. I just worry that he doesn't think size is a problem.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I think they're both pretty bad and Turley is going to have power ends throw him around.......

Maybe if you keep repeating it enough, it might finally come true...

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 11:14 AM
KC Wolf could probably do better than Black.

Even with Black in, it isn't the end of the world. But the Chiefs need to realize they will have to make adjustments. More quick passes, slants and so on instead of trying to go downfield. Run the ball between the tackles instead of end arounds. On longer pass plays, put the Johnson in the flat as a quick option in case of a rush, run two TE sets, send our O-Linemen to Denver for a few weeks and teach them how to block dirty, and so on.

If the Chiefs try to run this O like they have since '01 with this O=line playign at this level, Herm will go through more QBs this year than he did last year.

Dartgod
09-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Is Sampson ready?

I believe he is better than Black, especially in pocket protection, but he has to be healthy.

Damn, it sucks getting used to a styling and then having it ripped away - Our OLine was one of the best in the game for several years. Now it looks to be gone.

Play action was genius under DeBerg, Defense was phenomenal with Thomas and Smith, special teams rocked with Lewis and Ross. We ruled in takeaways for almost a decade.

Just when a certain aspect shines, you lose another.
Hey Russ, long time....

Welcome back!

Mecca
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM

Uh already did......Justin Smith physically dominated him shoved him all around the field.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
what do you mean "might"

Turley got bull rushed back into the QB several times yesterday and during preseason.

you didn't watch the game yet again, did you? :p

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
He got bull rushed back into the QB a couple of times yesterday.

He didn't get "thrown all over the field".

HemiEd
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Yesterday, when we were down 17-3, I knew the game was over.

Not me, I was looking for a defensive score or at least a turnover near scoring position.

JBucc
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Black vs. Sampson is like Hicks vs. Hall. One sucks and the other can't stay healthy.

MOhillbilly
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
did svitek even play yesterday?

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Sampson will be better, but we're not sure by how much. He hasn't stayed healthy.

TEX
09-11-2006, 11:54 AM

IMO, Sampson is not athletic enough to play LT and is better suited to playing RT.

B_Ambuehl
09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Black is actually quite a bit better in pass protection than Sampson. The coaching staff is to blame for Black's problems yesterday. You can't ask any of those right tackles to protect more than 3 seconds and KC was running too many pass plays that took too long to develop.

Kyle401
09-11-2006, 12:01 PM
How did Sampson injure his hamstring? Guess I missed it.

unlurking
09-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Uh already did......Justin Smith physically dominated him shoved him all around the field.
That was my opinion as well. Both tackle positions are currently the worst spot on our team IMO.