PDA

View Full Version : Max Protect?

CupidStunt
09-11-2006, 10:33 AM
Novel concept, I know, but we had far too many plays where the were at LEAST 4 receivers running patterns (includes Gonzalez and LJ).

I remember three plays where Hall, Kennison, Parker, Gonzo and Johnson were ALL running routes; that's just absurd with the kind of O-line we have.

Do you think (hope) we'll see more max protection schemes in Denver? Because with that punt block pressure they do, whoever's playing quarerback will get destroyed.

Mr. Laz
09-11-2006, 10:51 AM
but are our receivers good enough to get open with only a couple running routes?

Mecca
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
That's the problem right there, when you go max protect 1 or 2 guys go out into the pattern and our recievers are not good enough to beat 2 guys covering them.

Reaper16
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Our offense was all about the O-Line. They allowed us to get away with a sub-par WR corps for so long. Now that we don't have an O-line, we're limited in what we can pull off.

DeepSouth
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Novel concept, I know, but we had far too many plays where the were at LEAST 4 receivers running patterns (includes Gonzalez and LJ).

I remember three plays where Hall, Kennison, Parker, Gonzo and Johnson were ALL running routes; that's just absurd with the kind of O-line we have.

Do you think (hope) we'll see more max protection schemes in Denver? Because with that punt block pressure they do, whoever's playing quarerback will get destroyed.
I've been thinking the same thing. The Colts last night started the game with a two TE set against the Giants. If Black couldn't handle the rush, why wasn't Dunn put on that side to help?

I'm not only wondering about the original game plan but why was there no adjustment when the QB was getting no protection?

Mecca
09-11-2006, 11:48 AM
I've been thinking the same thing. The Colts last night started the game with a two TE set against the Giants. If Black couldn't handle the rush, why wasn't Dunn put on that side to help?

I'm not only wondering about the original game plan but why was there no adjustment when the QB was getting no protection?

Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne can beat double coverage.......Eddie Kennison and Samie Parker can't. The difference in the talent at the WR position is why they can do max protect and have an open reciever and it gives us a major problem.