PDA

View Full Version : Chief's O can no longer make up for any mistakes made by Special Teams and our D!

chiefsfan1963
09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
Let's face it our O will no longer be in the Top 5 and perhaps drop below Top 10 or much lower. We have to play mistake free football on Special Teams and pretty much on D. Our domination by our OL is over therefore our production on O will diminish significantly. Solari has his hands full as a 1st year OC. He is replacing one of the finest OC in the league today. The experience and track record AS has can not be replaced in just a season. Herm is no DV. No matter how critical you are of DV, he was one of the best HC in the NFL. Yes he fell short of reaching the goal of getting us to the SB, but he did a lot good for us. He will be missed by all no matter if you admit it or not!

Herm has a lot to prove and frankly his track record of keeping QB's healthy is something less to be desired. I would not be surprised to see Brodie playing next week b/c Huard is knocked out of the game.

To me management (both coaches, GM, and the front office) had plenty of clues after the 2005 season that the strength our OL could be in jeopardy, and no matter what players say anything is possible with an aging vet as far as retirement and injuries.

The strength of your OL determines the success of your team. Yes you have to have a decent D, but if your O can't produce it's over!

You don't play around with this. You do all you can to get the best OL you can get.

There's no way you can say management did their best!

I don't care if our D improves to Top 10 this year (which it won't), we're not going to the postseason b/c of our mediocre OL.

It will be ashame to see our offensive tools go to waste this year b/c of the lackluster performance of our OL. We just saw the consequences of this by losing one of our top weapons on O, our QB, for possibly 6 weeks or more.

I miss DV and AS. If I could snap my fingers and get them back I would. Even with the D we had the past 5 years our chances of making the playoffs were much greater than they ever will be this year. All we needed to do is just improve on D a little lilttle bit and maintain the strength of our OL!

Management f*cked up and we are going to pay as fans!

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Al "Jesus" Saunders didn't look any better with Jordan Black playing tackle.

Get over it.

Dave Lane
09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Al "Jesus" Saunders didn't look any better with Jordan Black playing tackle.

Get over it.

Ummm actually we did look better and LJ even got more ypc with Roaf out...

Dave

DMAC
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Let's see how good the skins O plays tonight with Jesus at the helm before we start pinning him as out departed Messiah, OK?

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Ummm actually we did look better and LJ even got more ypc with Roaf out...

Dave

Yeah, that 3 points and multiple INT's against Buffalo looked pretty good...

brent102fire
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Let's face it our O will no longer be in the Top 5 and perhaps drop below Top 10 or much lower. We have to play mistake free football on Special Teams and pretty much on D. Our domination by our OL is over therefore our production on O will diminish significantly. Solari has his hands full as a 1st year OC. He is replacing one of the finest OC in the league today. The experience and track record AS has can not be replaced in just a season. Herm is no DV. No matter how critical you are of DV, he was one of the best HC in the NFL. Yes he fell short of reaching the goal of getting us to the SB, but he did a lot good for us. He will be missed by all no matter if you admit it or not!

Herm has a lot to prove and frankly his track record of keeping QB's healthy is something less to be desired. I would not be surprised to see Brodie playing next week b/c Huard is knocked out of the game.

To me management (both coaches, GM, and the front office) had plenty of clues after the 2005 season that the strength our OL could be in jeopardy, and no matter what players say anything is possible with an aging vet as far as retirement and injuries.

The strength of your OL determines the success of your team. Yes you have to have a decent D, but if your O can't produce it's over!

You don't play around with this. You do all you can to get the best OL you can get.

There's no way you can say management did their best!

I don't care if our D improves to Top 10 this year (which it won't), we're not going to the postseason b/c of our mediocre OL.

It will be ashame to see our offensive tools go to waste this year b/c of the lackluster performance of our OL. We just saw the consequences of this by losing one of our top weapons on O, our QB, for possibly 6 weeks or more.

I miss DV and AS. If I could snap my fingers and get them back I would. Even with the D we had the past 5 years our chances of making the playoffs were much greater than they ever will be this year. All we needed to do is just improve on D a little lilttle bit and maintain the strength of our OL!

Management f*cked up and we are going to pay as fans!

So, did AS and DV play RT or LT?