PDA

View Full Version : Video of Green's hit

KingPriest2
09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tU5gp-KJvMY

HemiEd
09-11-2006, 01:42 PM
That was sickening to watch. I think the intent was clearly there from the second angle, cheap shot that should be fined.

Hound333
09-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I honestly don't think it was a cheap shot. It was a QB that was running towards the first down marker and he took a bit to long to slide. The guy was already lunging forward when Trent started his slide. There is no way he could have avoided the hit. Its not like he hit him in the head. He hit the body and the damage was done because his head slammed the ground.

If you think it was a cheap shot its complete homerism and only because he got hurt. We all know that if this was Mitchell hitting Palmer we wouldn't be here talking about a cheap shot.

tommykat
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoULWOB0HEY&NR g

Go further to look at more, actually I think he could have avoided doing this.

Hound333
09-11-2006, 03:17 PM
I think they will end up taking some of his cash but this is football. If Trent hadn't gotten hurt they wouldn't even look twice. This happens every single game of the year.

HemiEd
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I honestly don't think it was a cheap shot. It was a QB that was running towards the first down marker and he took a bit to long to slide. The guy was already lunging forward when Trent started his slide. There is no way he could have avoided the hit. Its not like he hit him in the head. He hit the body and the damage was done because his head slammed the ground.

If you think it was a cheap shot its complete homerism and only because he got hurt. We all know that if this was Mitchell hitting Palmer we wouldn't be here talking about a cheap shot.

Think about this a minute. If he was already airborne to hit Trent before his slide, what part of Trents body was he going after? His ankles? His Knees? I think not, he knew what he was doing and did it. He was leading with his helmet and shoulder, and he drove the should into Trent. Watch the videos a couple more times, that is what I see.

jAZ
09-11-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't think it was a cheap shot or even an illegal hit. The illegal hit was Kennison's block in the back on the defender. Kennison push him into Green in doing so.

It's a crappy play. But I don't hold any grudge against the guy

irishjayhawk
09-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't think it was a cheap shot or even an illegal hit. The illegal hit was Kennison's block in the back on the defender. Kennison push him into Green in doing so.

Kennison barely touched him.

kepp
09-11-2006, 04:03 PM

And in accomplishing that he brought up the need to rewrite physics books everywhere.

jAZ
09-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Kennison barely touched him.
Then it was barely an illegal block in the back.

Raiderhader
09-11-2006, 04:21 PM

Bull f#cking sh!t. Some of you need to acquaint yourselves with the rules of the game. If a QB goes into a hook slide, you are not to touch him. (Emphasis on the period) No ifs, ands, or buts.

You can argue wether or not it was cheap. dirty, what have you, but you CANNOT argue the legality of it. It was an illegal hit.

jAZ
09-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Bull f#cking sh!t. Some of you need to acquaint yourselves with the rules of the game. If a QB goes into a hook slide, you are not to touch him. (Emphasis on the period) No ifs, ands, or buts.

You can argue wether or not it was cheap. dirty, what have you, but you CANNOT argue the legality of it. It was an illegal hit.
If he was pushed into him by Kennison, it wasn't an illegal hit by anyone but Kennison.

Oh, and if I need to add it for emphasis, then... Bull f#cking sh!t.

Raiderhader
09-11-2006, 04:25 PM
If he was pushed into him by Kennison, it wasn't an illegal hit by anyone but Kennison.

He was not pushed into Green by Kennison, Kennison was an afterthought, Geathers was already moving towards Green.

Bob Dole
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
We all know that if this was Mitchell hitting Palmer we wouldn't be here talking about a cheap shot.

We all know we'd be talking about it because it would have drawn a flurry of yellow hankies.

Jenny Gump
09-11-2006, 04:31 PM

I agree. You can't change the facts. A lot of plays are illegal, even if they aren't "cheap" shots.

Skip Towne
09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
And if you find you are not able to control your body while airborne then DON'T GO AIRBORNE NEAR A SLIDING QB.

Bob Dole
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM

Wow. Kennison is a lot stronger than Bob Dole gave him credit for if he altered 280 pound Geathers' course with that light a touch.

We should probably move Eddie to right offensive guard.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 04:39 PM

Some of these ****ing morons will never understand that. I might add that when the QB STARTS his hook slide he is off limits. Some seem to think that it's legal because he was just starting to slide. The THUG was intentionally trying to hurt our QB and the THUG did. For those of you trying to blame EK, you are ****ing blind.

jAZ
09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
He was not pushed into Green by Kennison, Kennison was an afterthought, Geathers was already moving towards Green.
Moving toward Green isn't illegal as far as I know. It's hitting him that is. Kennison pushed Geathers in the back directly in the direction of Green sliding.

I can't read the mind of Geathers, but I can watch the video. It's right there. Kennison hitting the guy in the back and right into Green.

Raiderhader
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow. Kennison is a lot stronger than Bob Dole gave him credit for if he altered 280 pound Geathers' course with that light a touch.

We should probably move Eddie to right offensive guard.

Couldn't be much worse.....

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
If the THUG didn't know Trent was sliding then why did the Thug launch himself toward the ground. Not the legs, not the mid section, the ground.

Raiderhader
09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Wow, you aren't just a moron on the political side of the board, but here as well.

Moving toward Green isn't illegal as far as I know. It's hitting him that is. Kennison pushed Geathers in the back directly in the direction of Green sliding.

I can't read the mind of Geathers, but I can watch the video. It's right there. Kennison hitting the guy in the back and right into Green.

That would be dependent upon the manner in which he was moving, would it not?

irishjayhawk
09-11-2006, 04:47 PM

I agree with what one other person saw: Kennison might have saved Green if in fact he made ANY effect on Geather's trajectory. The fact is, Kennison didn't alter his course. He was diving at him, going for the kill shot before Kennison "pushed him"

Archie F. Swin
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
The DE and Green started their move at virtually the same time. In real-time theres no way you can say that he intended to go helmet to helmet with Green. It almost looks as if Geathers(?) was cowering from his oncoming teammate. It just an unfortunate hit. Geathers shouldn't have just carelessly gone low like that.

jAZ
09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
That would be dependent upon the manner in which he was moving, would it not?
Not that I'm aware of. It would depend on the manner in which he hits him. It has nothing to do with the manner in which he is moving towards him. He could do the electric slide or the chicken-dance and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. It's the hit that is, or is not, illegal.

And like it or not, Kennison's block in the back is very much illegal.

And it also provides an out to the Bengals that makes Geathers hit legal by technicality at worst. Not knowing what's in the guys head or heart, I can't say if it was dirty or not. But it didn't appear to me to be dirty. And it was not illegal either, thanks to Kennison's illegal block in the back.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Moving toward Green isn't illegal as far as I know.

You are Easily the dumbest SOB on this board.

Archie F. Swin
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
You also have to consider that Green showed big balls by running for the first down earlier in the game. Bengals didn't want to give that up twice

jAZ
09-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I agree with what one other person saw: Kennison might have saved Green if in fact he made ANY effect on Geather's trajectory. The fact is, Kennison didn't alter his course. He was diving at him, going for the kill shot before Kennison "pushed him"
If Kennison had blocked him the way I imagine he must have *hoped* to block him (in Geathers' side moving him to the right), you are correct. But the actual block that Kennision made was in the back directing Geathers forward and downward right at Green.

Guru
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Damnit. This discussion is still going on? It was an illegal hit. PERIOD. It wasn't a fumble because he was down. Since he was down, the hit should have been avoided. He was head hunting plain and simple.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=raiderhader]Wow, you aren't just a moron on the political side of the board, but here as well.
QUOTE]

You too can join moveon.org and become a Trent Green hater. Next thread he starts will be because it's all a conspiracy created by Bush to hurt Green.

BWillie
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
My question is who missed the block on the guy that flushed Green out of the pocket. I want to know who that guy/they are ..that guy just came out almost untouched...and made Green run for his life.

Guru
09-11-2006, 05:47 PM
My question is who missed the block on the guy that flushed Green out of the pocket. I want to know who that guy/they are ..that guy just came out almost untouched...and made Green run for his life.

Roaf did.

Valiant
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM

Yeah sorry Jaz, when you watch the video Geathers jumps foward to spear Green before Kennison sissy touches him...

I think it is a good football hit, but it should have been flagged and fined.. You are not suppose to tackle a sliding qB, period..

As for not being able to avoid it, you must not have ever played football.. Geathers just had to roll over or stop jump over Green he had a second and half to do it...

Agian great play imo, but it was a cheapshot and an illegal tackle...
but I like cheapshots that just me...

Sure-Oz
09-11-2006, 06:33 PM
It's gonna real suck if Green's career has to end like that, or is de-railed and he isn't as good cause of it.

Frenzy
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
We all know we'd be talking about it because it would have drawn a flurry of yellow hankies.
That would be Steelers fans celebrating.

4th and Long
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
The DE and Green started their move at virtually the same time. In real-time theres no way you can say that he intended to go helmet to helmet with Green.
Wow. Where to begin ...

The first thing is, you need glasses and badly.

Secondly, you need to understand the hook-slide rule. The MOMENT the QB goes into a hook-slide, he becomes UNTOUCHABLE. PERIOD.

The rule DOES NOT say, "Well, OK, unless you just can't stop. We'll understand and we won't throw a flag."

See Arch, Green was on the ground when he got drilled. Let me say that again. Green was on the ground when he got drilled.

Look.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/631/cheapshotvidcapnr3.jpg

That screen cap is just prior to impact. Green's leg is under him, indicating he is already into a hook slide. In fact, he's on his ass and his left hip. Green is on the ground. Again, Green is on the ground.

Any hit after he starts his hook slide is illegal.
It almost looks as if Geathers(?) was cowering from his oncoming teammate.
:spock: WTF? :spock:
It just an unfortunate hit. Geathers shouldn't have just carelessly gone low like that.
1. Substitute the word, unfortunate, with the word, illegal.

2. Substitute the word, carelessly, with the word, purposefully.

See Arch, here's another flaw in your theory.

Ever here of a guy named Carson Palmer? Ever hear of the new "Carson Palmer Rule?"

Essentially is states that you cannot go low on a QB. If you do, it's a penalty.

No matter how you slice this, whatever Geathers was attempting to do was illegal. Whacking a defenseless QB who was in a hook-slide or going low on a QB are both penalties.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Geathers is a coward.

Archie F. Swin
09-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow. Where to begin ...

all that work and you still can't disprove the first quote.

Oh well, lets hope that every league official looks at it 50 times. Doesn't change the fact that we'll be without Trent for a month.

Raiderhader
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Not that I'm aware of. It would depend on the manner in which he hits him. It has nothing to do with the manner in which he is moving towards him. He could do the electric slide or the chicken-dance and it wouldn't make a bit of difference. It's the hit that is, or is not, illegal.

And like it or not, Kennison's block in the back is very much illegal.

And it also provides an out to the Bengals that makes Geathers hit legal by technicality at worst. Not knowing what's in the guys head or heart, I can't say if it was dirty or not. But it didn't appear to me to be dirty. And it was not illegal either, thanks to Kennison's illegal block in the back.

Do you ever tire of making a complete ass out of yourself? The manner in which he is moving does make a difference if his movement is such that it is directed at a QB who is entering a hook slide.

As for Kennison, that is but a red herring. If the refs deemed that he blocked Geathers into Green then fine, throw a flag for both penalties and have them off set one another. That is the way it is supposed to be done; the flag is to be thrown when a defender hits a sliding QB, PERIOD.

Halfcan
09-11-2006, 08:49 PM
CHEAP SHOT!!!!!!!

4th and Long
09-12-2006, 08:00 AM
all that work and you still can't disprove the first quote.
Which was,
The DE and Green started their move at virtually the same time. In real-time theres no way you can say that he intended to go helmet to helmet with Green.
What part of, "you can't hit the QB once he starts his slide," don't you understand? Also, he didn't go helmet to helmet with Green so why you even typed that is a mystery.

stevieray
09-12-2006, 08:04 AM
I think they will end up taking some of his cash but this is football. If Trent hadn't gotten hurt they wouldn't even look twice. This happens every single game of the year.

If that was true, we'd be watching 32 back up QB's.

What about the second player that lands on Green after he was down?

Archie F. Swin
09-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Which was,

What part of, "you can't hit the QB once he starts his slide," don't you understand?

What I'm saying is there was no indication that Green was going to slide at the time he commited to the tackle/hit.

4th and Long
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
What I'm saying is there was no indication that Green was going to slide at the time he commited to the tackle/hit.
Having your left leg under you while sliding on your ass and hip prior to getting blasted in not an indication. Got it.

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Wonder when NFL Network will have the head ref explaning this ruling.

Inspector
09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Gotta go with raiderhader and 4th & Long on this one.

Those guys are spot on.

We'll never truly know what was in Geathers mind, but the fact remains it was illegal. The intent is not the determining factor.

Everyone needs to re-read raiderhader's and 4th & Long's explanations. Well done.

StcChief
09-12-2006, 10:57 AM
He was not pushed into Green by Kennison, Kennison was an afterthought, Geathers was already moving towards Green. Watch this a couple times, another longer view of play
would help.

Very close but Green was in slide when Gaethers took aim at him.
Blocked into him, BS.

memyselfI
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Wonder when NFL Network will have the head ref explaning this ruling.

They won't. They didn't fine Derrick Brooks for his helmet to helmet tackle of Gannon when he was in a slide, albeit, head first. They are going to say it was borderline and legal regardless of whether it ends TG's career or not. And in this case, it was borderline. He looked as if he could have been headed out of bounds as easily as he could have slid. Had he slid midfield then it would be a different story.

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM

99% of the people in the stands and 99% of the people watching on TV expect a running scrambling QB to slide and were all probably yelling at least in there mind "SLIDE!" went Trent was ending his run.
Every defensive player is coached and is programmed to watch out for the quarterback slide and to expect it, for it is a 15 yard penalty to hit the QB if they are going into the protective slide. There is no reasonable evidence to prove that Geathers couldnt have altered his coarse, in fact if Kennison would have made good contact it would have made Geathers fall farther to the left of Green not into him. I will stick 100% with my first reaction when I watched live. I yelled "that's a personal foul", "he was sliding, you got to be kidding me". I remember distinctly last year when Kawika while trying to avoid a sliding QB, inadvertently hit him with his hip and was still flagged.

Archie F. Swin
09-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Having your left leg under you while sliding on your ass and hip prior to getting blasted in not an indication. Got it.

You're talking as if Geathers decided to level Trent after he clearly commited to the slide. I'm saying that's not the case. Geather's actions were questionable at best...lets' hope he loses some change.

irishjayhawk
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
They won't. They didn't fine Derrick Brooks for his helmet to helmet tackle of Gannon when he was in a slide, albeit, head first. They are going to say it was borderline and legal regardless of whether it ends TG's career or not. And in this case, it was borderline. He looked as if he could have been headed out of bounds as easily as he could have slid. Had he slid midfield then it would be a different story.

True, but that should NEVER factor into a decision.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:41 AM

It's a crappy play. But I don't hold any grudge against the guyWhy does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:45 AM

You can argue wether or not it was cheap. dirty, what have you, but you CANNOT argue the legality of it. It was an illegal hit.I do not have the tecnical means, but I am sure, that as the season progresses. There will be video evidence, of lesser hits on QB's that WILL get flagged.

Yet, the word is out, the fix is in. Every single broadcaster has been informed to say something like, "Let me say right away, this was NOT an illegal hit."

That, along with our best buddy Cross' gut analysis of it NOT being an illegal hit, has carried the day. Face it Chiefs fans, we are just going to have to bend over and take this one in the butt.

KC Dan
09-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Why does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:
Because, if you play last night's Bush speech backwards on the turntable he clearly states: "I paid Kennison to push Geathers into Green"

It's all Bushs' fault as always....

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 11:48 AM
If that was true, we'd be watching 32 back up QB's.

What about the second player that lands on Green after he was down?

Hmmm...the grassy knoll theory :hmmm:
If they couldnt see the first foul how could one expect them to see the second?

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
99% of the people in the stands and 99% of the people watching on TV expect a running scrambling QB to slide and were all probably yelling at least in there mind "SLIDE!" went Trent was ending his run.
Every defensive player is coached and is programmed to watch out for the quarterback slide and to expect it, for it is a 15 yard penalty to hit the QB if they are going into the protective slide. There is no reasonable evidence to prove that Geathers couldnt have altered his coarse, in fact if Kennison would have made good contact it would have made Geathers fall farther to the left of Green not into him. I will stick 100% with my first reaction when I watched live. I yelled "that's a personal foul", "he was sliding, you got to be kidding me". I remember distinctly last year when Kawika while trying to avoid a sliding QB, inadvertently hit him with his hip and was still flagged.Next thing I am going to hear about the play, is that once airborne, and NFL caliber Linebacker does not posses the athletic ability, nor the trunk strength to undulate oneself deliberately to assure a direct blow occurs with a shoulder pad. The dude was leaning into Green, he WANTED that hit bad. He did everything within his capabilities to follow through with that hit. Don't try to say there wasn't intent, that just doesn't fly with me.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Because, if you play last night's Bush speech backwards on the turntable he clearly states: "I paid Kennison to push Geathers into Green"

It's all Bushs' fault as always....Bush's da debil.

You know what the best way to piss someone like this off? Just tell them, that because of them, you are going to go vote against them AND take 2 people to the polls with you. For no other reason, I am going to vote this November.

memyselfI
09-12-2006, 11:59 AM
True, but that should NEVER factor into a decision.

But in this case it could have been. If he's running down the middle of the field you know he's going to slide. Green slid late by the out of bounds line. He hesitated and it cost him. Hopefully not his career.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 12:01 PM
It's gonna real suck if Green's career has to end like that, or is de-railed and he isn't as good cause of it.Frankly, I doubt he will be back after the third game like it is being reported.

Head trauma's are slow healing and you take a tremendous risk coming back before it is fully healed. By the time he is game ready, if the Chiefs are 0-4, with no tackles to defend him, I would be surprised if the Wife and kids don't pursuade him to hang it up. Heck, if Willie could do it, why not Green.

No reason to become shark bait for Herm's rebuilding offense.

Calcountry
09-12-2006, 12:02 PM
But in this case it could have been. If he's running down the middle of the field you know he's going to slide. Green slid late by the out of bounds line. He hesitated and it cost him. Hopefully not his career.Another Bush hater sticking up for geathers. :rolleyes:

Why doesn't this surprise me.

Trolling anyone?

C-Mac
09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Next thing I am going to hear about the play, is that once airborne, and NFL caliber Linebacker does not posses the athletic ability, nor the trunk strength to undulate oneself deliberately to assure a direct blow occurs with a shoulder pad. The dude was leaning into Green, he WANTED that hit bad. He did everything within his capabilities to follow through with that hit. Don't try to say there wasn't intent, that just doesn't fly with me.

Absolutely..one would only be fooling themself to think otherwise.

memyselfI
09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Another Bush hater sticking up for geathers. :rolleyes:

Why doesn't this surprise me.

Trolling anyone?

I'm not sticking up for him. The hit was ugly as hell and when it first happened I was screaming about helmet to helmet/late hit. But then I saw the replays and see where it is a borderline call. Had Geathers flown into Green's head headfirst without the late slide, and not by the out of bounds line, and without another player in between THEN the complaints here would be justified. As it happened, it was just an unfortunate series of events that happened.

I do hate that he might have ended Trent Green's career.

Inspector
09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm not sticking up for him. The hit was ugly as hell and when it first happened I was screaming about helmet to helmet/late hit. But then I saw the replays and see where it is a borderline call. Had Geathers flown into Green's head headfirst without the late slide, and not by the out of bounds line, and without another player in between THEN the complaints here would be justified. As it happened, it was just an unfortunate series of events that happened.

I do hate that he might have ended Trent Green's career.

I think 4th and Long has a well worded explanation. The intent isn't really an issue.

See:
you need to understand the hook-slide rule. The MOMENT the QB goes into a hook-slide, he becomes UNTOUCHABLE. PERIOD.

The rule DOES NOT say, "Well, OK, unless you just can't stop. We'll understand and we won't throw a flag."

Green was on the ground when he got drilled. Let me say that again. Green was on the ground when he got drilled.

Any hit after he starts his hook slide is illegal.

Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin
It just an unfortunate hit. Geathers shouldn't have just carelessly gone low like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Substitute the word, unfortunate, with the word, illegal.

2. Substitute the word, carelessly, with the word, purposefully.

See Arch, here's another flaw in your theory.

Ever here of a guy named Carson Palmer? Ever hear of the new "Carson Palmer Rule?"

Essentially is states that you cannot go low on a QB. If you do, it's a penalty.

No matter how you slice this, whatever Geathers was attempting to do was illegal. Whacking a defenseless QB who was in a hook-slide or going low on a QB are both penalties.

scooter
09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Next thing I am going to hear about the play, is that once airborne, and NFL caliber Linebacker does not posses the athletic ability, nor the trunk strength to undulate oneself deliberately to assure a direct blow occurs with a shoulder pad. The dude was leaning into Green, he WANTED that hit bad. He did everything within his capabilities to follow through with that hit. Don't try to say there wasn't intent, that just doesn't fly with me.

When informed of your theory, Mr Geathers was heard saying the following;

"Son, we live in a world that has goal lines, and those goal lines have to be guarded by men with helmets. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Mr. bunnytrdr? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Green, and you curse the Bengals. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Green's concussion, while tragic, probably saved a touchdown. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves touchdowns. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that field, you need me on that field. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps watching the blanket of defense that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

memyselfI
09-12-2006, 12:32 PM
A grade 3 concussion usually requires at least a four week period of non-contact and a 1-2 week period of no symptoms. Thus, I'd be surprised to see Green at all in the next month or two. I'd be surprised to see him back at all but if he does then it won't be in the next three or four weeks.

I think there are enough variables to create reasonable doubt as to whether the hit was illegal. He was not clearly guilty of an illegal late hit. Therefore, the NFL sides with Geathers on punishment. Perhaps he gets a warning.

I think the fact that Green slid late plays into their consideration of this hit just as Gannon's slide ending up head first instead of feet first played into their consideration of Brook's hit on him. Yeah, it sucks that their hesitation meant severe injuries and at least one lost career. But in both cases the men clearly slid later than they should have and got hit very badly because of it.

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Gotta go with raiderhader and 4th & Long on this one.

Those guys are spot on.

We'll never truly know what was in Geathers mind, but the fact remains it was illegal. The intent is not the determining factor.

Everyone needs to re-read raiderhader's and 4th & Long's explanations. Well done.

REP! This man deserves rep!

:)

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
They won't. They didn't fine Derrick Brooks for his helmet to helmet tackle of Gannon when he was in a slide, albeit, head first.

Oh God, not Gannon again. Where is the Stalker when you need him?

Do not even try and compare the two incidents, they are unrelated. By your own admission, Gannon went into a head first slide, not a hook slide. Gannon was fair game because of it. You just can't get over your obsession with the man, feeling the need to bring up his name when it is not even relevant. And you are a grown woman???

They are going to say it was borderline and legal regardless of whether it ends TG's career or not. And in this case, it was borderline. He looked as if he could have been headed out of bounds as easily as he could have slid. Had he slid midfield then it would be a different story.

Put the crack pipe down and QUICKLY back away. He was still headed upfield, it's obvious as hell.

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 04:06 PM

It's all Bushs' fault as always....

ROFL

Raiderhader
09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I really don't like the new r.o.f.l. smilie....

Logical
09-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Not nearly as good as my slo mo HD DVD Tivo this was very grainy.

ferrarispider95
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
CHEAPSHOT - Plain and Simple

I would have FELT the EXACT same way if it was a Chiefs player delivering the hit on any qb and would not be pissed if he was ejected from the game.

Even if it was unintentional - he hit the qb after he began to slide - automatic penalty

Archie F. Swin
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
I really don't like the new r.o.f.l. smilie....
bitch, bitch, bitch :harumph: