PDA

View Full Version : Let's start Page, Pollard and Fox at a minimum.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I am sick of what I've seen. I am sure they can be just as bad as what we are playing now and may even have the capacity to improve.

If Trent is unable to answer the bell for Week 4, let's put Croyle in now.

And why does Jordan Black still have a job today? Put ANY one of the other guys in there for goodness sake.

jspchief
09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
I think I agree. For the games that Green is out, start these guys.

They get a chance to get a handle on the game, and when Green comes back, maybe this team can start to come together at the right time.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm all for putting Page, Pollard, and Fox on the field...

Croyle? Not only no, but HELL NO. No sense in letting Jordan Black ruin his career...

Iowanian
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Bell has been invisible all preseason and yesterday. Bell must have a pic of Gunther going down on him before signing as a FA or sharing a fruity drink with Gaz in the ho'tub. Fox should absolutely be starting.

Page improved the D yesterday, but I was surprised to see him in there instead of Pollard at SS.

Get HWY65 off the effing field.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Croyle? Not only no, but HELL NO. No sense in letting Jordan Black ruin his career...

Black should never see the Field again.

I'm just saying, if Green is out 8+ weeks, then let the Rookie play.

Tuckdaddy
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Why the hell not. I like this idea.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Black should never see the Field again.

I'm just saying, if Green is out 8+ weeks, then let the Rookie play.

I agree that Black shouldn't be out there. If he's not, play the rook. If he is, and I think he will be, keep Croyle as far away as possible...

jiveturkey
09-11-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree that Black shouldn't be out there. If he's not, play the rook. If he is, and I think he will be, keep Croyle as far away as possible...
According to Petro this morning the only reason that he was out there is because Svitek jump offsides during practice on Thursday. He was doing really well all week but Herm wanted to make an example out of him. Black was plugged in at the last minute.

If Sampson can't go there is a change that Svitek might get the start.

Either way I doubt that Croyle gets the call.

MOhillbilly
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
According to Petro this morning the only reason that he was out there is because Svitek jump offsides during practice on Thursday. He was doing really well all week but Herm wanted to make an example out of him. Black was plugged in at the last minute.

because he jumped off sides in practice????

jspchief
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM

If that's true (which I have a hard time believing) then Herm should have his balls hit with a sledge hammer. even if he was making an example out of him, about the time Green got sacked the third time in 4 plays, I think it would be time to stop making examples and start protecting your QB.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Like jspchief said...if that's true, Herm needs a serious adjustment. That's just dumb.

Frazod
09-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Good lord, does anybody really want Croyle's first game to be at Denver with this offensive line?

:$2500:

Throw Huard to the f#cking crows, not our QBOTF.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I kinda like the Casey Printers and run like hell option

jspchief
09-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Good lord, does anybody really want Croyle's first game to be at Denver with this offensive line?

:$2500:

Throw Huard to the f#cking crows, not our QBOTF.Actually, I agree. Let Huard get turned insideo ut in Denver. Then give Croyle the two weeks before we face an easier SF at home.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
This Herm Edwards thing is going to be a "Hitler turns south when on the footsteps of Moscow" style f*ckup.

blueballs
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM

heard Petro say that

Chief Faithful
09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Page, Pollard, and Fox - HELL YES!

Croyle - HELL NO!

If Huard is going to throw to Gonzo then put him in.

htismaqe
09-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Actually, I agree. Let Huard get turned insideo ut in Denver. Then give Croyle the two weeks before we face an easier SF at home.

Exactly.

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 09:15 PM
As long as we do that, I'm OK. I don't want to stick with Huord the Horrible.

rocks
09-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Did Fox get any time on Sunday? I was at the game but so much going on that I'm not sure I recall him playing.

beer bacon
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Did Fox get any time on Sunday? I was at the game but so much going on that I'm not sure I recall him playing.

They thought about it, but Bell was contributing way too much to take him out.

rocks
09-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes Sir, I noticed Bell playing sideline to sideline!!

OldTownChief
09-12-2006, 09:45 PM
What ever happened to the good-ol days when you let a pro QB mature before he gets a start? I hope Croyle doesn't see any sig. playing time until 2008.

the Talking Can
09-12-2006, 09:50 PM

looks like Trent got the point....

god, between this and gunther playing bell last year we have the dumbest ****ing coaches in the league....

runnercyclist
09-12-2006, 09:52 PM
What ever happened to the good-ol days when you let a pro QB mature before he gets a start? I hope Croyle doesn't see any sig. playing time until 2008.

What happened? Rothlesberger happened. College QBs are more mature and ready faster.

2008? Really?

Now, I don't disagree if Trent is not out for any significant period. However, if he is, I say lets go with the kid.

NJ Chief Fan
09-13-2006, 03:51 AM
im okay with starting the rooks and youngn's on D but Croyle FCKU NAW

A) he still needs to bulk up a bit
B) he'll die
C) were back at square one with the QBOTF situation because of B

Guru
09-13-2006, 03:57 AM
im okay with starting the rooks and youngn's on D but Croyle FCKU NAW

A) he still needs to bulk up a bit
B) he'll die
C) were back at square one with the QBOTF situation because of B

All good points. But, if Trent is down for more than the 2 games, which I think he will be, and if Huard sucks it up...... We will have to go to Croyle.

I am hoping that Huard will be servicable but I don't feel good about him.

jspchief
09-13-2006, 07:24 AM
What ever happened to the good-ol days when you let a pro QB mature before he gets a start? I hope Croyle doesn't see any sig. playing time until 2008.I'll tell you what happened. Trent Green got his melon bounced off the turf.

It's not like the Chiefs brought Croyle in with plans to throw him to the wolves. But unfortunately our starting QB got injured. Now we have to make the moves necessary to try and still win games.

Regardless of Huard's knowledge of the playbook, I think we're going to find that his physical limitations make that knowledge worthless.

As far as I'm concerned, if Huard looks helpless in Denver, then we need to make a move to give this team a spark. A charismatic rookie with a live arm might just provide that spark.

milkman
09-13-2006, 08:52 AM

If that's true, and like jsp said, I find it difficult to believe, it is not only stupid on it's own merit, it is also stupid because Hermie had to see last season's game tapes and would have seen Black jumping like a damn schoolgirl cheerleader.

Inspector
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

If Croyle ends up being our QBOTF, then lets keep him alive for awhile to see how he does.

Lzen
09-13-2006, 11:35 AM

Sadly, we are merely one Jordan Black whiff away from Croyle being called upon to play.