PDA

View Full Version : I think we've got a chance with Huard.

Douche Baggins
09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
I really do.

I'm watching some of DRU's replays, and he's able to make accurate throws, quick reads. A couple times he's got real pressure in his face and he still completes passes. He appears to know where guys are going to be, and what his hot reads are. The TD throw to Gonzalez was squeezed into a very tight area.

I think if he can get a handle on pocket presence and protecting the ball, he'll be fine.

We're still going to need a big effort from the defense, but I think we've got a chance. The run game better show up.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I think you're on drugs.

The Broncos D makes the Bengals look like farm league.

JBucc
09-11-2006, 04:37 PM
or not

Douche Baggins
09-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I think you're on drugs.

The Broncos D makes the Bengals look like farm league.

They struggled with Steven Jackson. I saw several missed tackles. In fact, Jackson made DJ Williams his bitch.

The Rams bogged down in the red zone, but they moved the ball effectively.

And I think the Bengals have a better defensive line, personally.

Bwana
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Huard doesn't have a chance with Black.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM
I think he will not be as bad as people are claiming. The guy game into a game that already was bad, and did what he could. Did he look shaky, yes. But most second string QB's that haven't gotten any meaningful playing time would look the same. If the O can play better, LJ can get the rock more and our D plays good against the donkeys O that looks pathetic, the game might not turn out like we think. Let the guy play before you call for his head. Either that or you go play QB since obviously it is so easy.

vailpass
09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I think I'll start archiving GoatCheese's genius football takes. I'll start with his mortal lock of the week pre-Bengals game analysis, then add the golden beauty in this thread.

Not for smack purposes but for sheer amusement at what a pretender is the nerd called Draven.

Keep talking out of your ass girlfriend. If you stand when you pee often enough you are bound to hit the toilet sooner or later.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
i might be inclined to believe you if our coach was named Bill Bellicheck or Mike Shanahan. Unfortunately our head coach is named Herman Edwards.

DaFace
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
While I don't cry "doom and gloom" with Huard in, I think it's a long stretch to think we'll actually be able to win that game.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
They struggled with Steven Jackson. I saw several missed tackles. In fact, Jackson made DJ Williams his bitch.

The Rams bogged down in the red zone, but they moved the ball effectively.

And I think the Bengals have a better defensive line, personally.

You know what helped Jax get that many yards?

The presence of Marc Bulger, Torry Holt and Ike Bruce.

We have none of that, sans Tony Gonzalez. Huard can't even hold the football right when under pressure.

Saying you have faith in him to go into a place we haven't won in forever is crazy talk.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Do you think Green is better than Huard?

Short Leash Hootie
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Do you think Green is better than Huard?
I don't. I think Huard is vastly underrated...he has the potential to throw for 5,000 yards this season and 50 TD's IMHO.

tk13
I just want him to protect the football. He won't be Green in there, but in terms of throwing it, I thought he was pretty smart with the football. He gave it to LJ a lot, and LJ with the ball is a good thing. The other thing he seemed to do was just throw it up to Gonzo and let him go get it. If he can keep doing that and protect the football hopefully he won't kill us.

trndobrd
I am confident that after a week taking snaps with the first string, watching film, and getting mentally prepared Huard will be fully ready to run around for his life and take repeated viscious hits as the Donx defensive players run past our O-line.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 04:58 PM
I just want him to protect the football. He won't be Green in there, but in terms of throwing it, I thought he was pretty smart with the football. He gave it to LJ a lot, and LJ with the ball is a good thing. The other thing he seemed to do was just throw it up to Gonzo and let him go get it. If he can keep doing that and protect the football hopefully he won't kill us.

In order for us to win this game alot of things are going to have to go right. The defense will have to bring its A game. We will have to feed LJ and Bennett the ball at least 35+ times and control the clock. Huard just needs to manage the game and take care of the ball. I have huge doubts right now on whether Edwards, Gun and Solari can develop the proper game plan to win. I trust Shanahans skillz alot more than i do Edwards.

StcChief
09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
A Chance. A few breaks (aka Jake screwups).

Control clock and game.

Solid D effort all the way around. Maybe.

runnercyclist
09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
I am confident that after a week taking snaps with the first string, watching film, and getting mentally prepared Huard will be fully ready to run around for his life and take repeated viscious hits as the Donx defensive players run past our O-line.

ROFL

Sad (hilarious) but true

tk13
09-11-2006, 05:01 PM
In order for us to win this game alot of things are going to have to go right. The defense will have to bring its A game. We will have to feed LJ and Bennett the ball at least 35+ times and control the clock. Huard just needs to manage the game and take care of the ball. I have huge doubts right now on whether Edwards, Gun and Solari can develop the proper game plan to win. I trust Shanahans skillz alot more than i do Edwards.
I think that's a legimate concern. Coyer is probably going to blitz the crap out of us, Solari is going to have to come up with a gameplan to control that. I thought that was the best game Al might have ever called, the 2nd Denver game last year, totally took them out of their blitzing mode, then ran them over with LJ in the 2nd half. We're going to need a lot of LJ and screens and such.

Cochise
09-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Huard made a couple of good throws. But I think him beating Denver in Denver when we haven't done it in a million years is a tall order.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
This is F*CKIN great now we are trying to talk ourselves into that Huard is a servicable QB :banghead:

Baby Lee
09-11-2006, 05:08 PM
You know what helped Jax get that many yards?

The presence of Marc Bulger, Torry Holt and Ike Bruce.
You mean the Marc, Torry and Ike, who turned 7 red zone trips, often with a shortened field d/t turnovers, once starting inside the 5, into 6 FGs?

ChiefFan31
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Huard does have a chance. It starts with Good D, a shitload of LJ, and a nice mix of playcalling.

That and if Jake throws a pic early, say even one that is returned for a touchdown and that crowd will be ready to lynch Jake. I look forward to that possibility.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 05:12 PM
This is F*CKIN great now we are trying to talk ourselves into that Huard is a servicable QB :banghead:

Major denial around here.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Huard does have a chance. It starts with Good D, a shitload of LJ, and a nice mix of playcalling.

and with this current coaching staff Id say that one HUGE question mark right now. I think we can beat them and have the talent to do it............ but I dont trust these guys to develop a compentent game plan to defeat the Donkeys in their own house.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
How do we "game plan" for having such a shit O line? I know how Denver will.

ChiefFan31
09-11-2006, 05:20 PM
and with this current coaching staff Id say that one HUGE question mark right now. I think we can beat them and have the talent to do it............ but I dont trust these guys to develop a compentent game plan to defeat the Donkeys in their own house.

I'm afraid that I agree. The coaches will be tested big time this week. I can only hope that they come through.

Regardless, I want to see some fight out of this team. Win or Lose

Phobia
09-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Huard was surprisingly efficient with tons of pressure in his face yesterday. I'd like to see him with a little protection. I think we'll all be surprised.

Frosty
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I too think we have a chance with Huard....

.... for a top ten pick next April. :p

the Talking Can
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM

lots of coaches in this league make lemonade out of lemons...but ours rarely do...this will be a test of our coaching staff...ITS THEIR JOB to figure out how to make the pieces work....can't say I'm hopeful...right now

StcChief
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Huard was surprisingly efficient with tons of pressure in his face yesterday. I'd like to see him with a little protection. I think we'll all be surprised.

So 2 TE sets or FB in alot.....

Hopefully Sampson will be back. or Roaf or Black has the matador cap removed....

ROYC75
09-11-2006, 05:28 PM

I really want to be susprised........ OK.

Cochise
09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm not sure what the difference in talent between Huard and Collins might be. I don't think we would be in total panic if Collins were starting this week, but trying to be a little objective here, is Collins really some almost-starter? He's a journeyman backup just like Huard is.

I don't think Huard is incapable of playing well enough for us to win. It's just the worst game of the year for us to have our backup QB I think.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm more confident in Huard than I ever was Collins.

If Plummer plays like he did yesterday, and Huard can just protect the ball, we could walk out with a W.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure what the difference in talent between Huard and Collins might be. I don't think we would be in total panic if Collins were starting this week, but trying to be a little objective here, is Collins really some almost-starter? He's a journeyman backup just like Huard is.

I don't think Huard is incapable of playing well enough for us to win. It's just the worst game of the year for us to have our backup QB I think.

Collins started 14 games in his third season with Buffalo and 14 games in his first two years combined with Buffalo. I know it's not saying much, just sayin.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure what the difference in talent between Huard and Collins might be.

IMO, Collins seemed lethargic. He went through progressions slow, he was slow to step up, and I was never really impressed with his decison-making or accuracy.

64 Chief
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
If the Chiefs approach this game as an opportunity to prove something (i.e. that they are not as bad as they looked in the first game) and that they want to win one for Trent, then they have a decent shot at a win.

Douche Baggins
09-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Also, maybe, just maybe, the loss of Trent will make the defense step up in Denver for once. They all know that if they play like shit again out there, there's no way we in.

ChiefsCountry
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
We have won with bum QB's before see Bono. If we can control the ball with LJ and TG and not but Huard in bad situations we could have a chance to win.

PastorMikH
09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Also, maybe, just maybe, the loss of Trent will make the defense step up in Denver for once.

I think it also sends a huge gut-check to the O. Had the O-Line given the protection to Trent that they should have and Parker (mainly) had stepped up and caught the ball like he's supposed to, Trent wouldn't have had to do everything himself.

ChiefFan31
09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Also, maybe, just maybe, the loss of Trent will make the defense step up in Denver for once. They all know that if they play like shit again out there, there's no way we in.

So kind of like, when the M's lost Griffey a few years back. The rest of the team instead of sitting around waiting for their star to make something happen, they stepped up and did it themselves.

Not the greatest example, but Im with ya. I hope for the same.

I want to see some emotion and the D playing pissed off.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Huard has more Super Bowl rings than over 90% of our whole team.

DaKCMan AP
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
The only reason I am cautiously optimistic that we *might* have a slight chance is that Huard will receive all the 1st team reps in preparation. Based upon my previous negative opinion about Huard and the fact that he had to enter the game without preparing to start and receiving reps all week, I was somewhat impressed with his performance Sunday. He made some nice throws, especially on 2 passes (1 of them being the TD) to Tony G.

We'll see..

Douche Baggins
09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
Just remember that when Dan Marino went down, Huard stepped in and led Miami to the playoffs!

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Just remember that when Dan Marino went down, Huard stepped in and led Miami to the playoffs!

With a 4-1 record as the starter winning the first three.

OldTownChief
09-11-2006, 06:04 PM
and is a heck of a fine placement holder.

The Bad Guy
09-11-2006, 06:27 PM
You mean the Marc, Torry and Ike, who turned 7 red zone trips, often with a shortened field d/t turnovers, once starting inside the 5, into 6 FGs?

You're not getting it.

The fact that the defense had to account for them.

You couldn't stack 8-9 in the box because they could beat you.

Do you think they feel the same way about Damon Huard?

Warrior5
09-11-2006, 06:38 PM
The classic David vs. Goliath game. Sure $ is on the stinkin', cheatin', cut-blocking Donks against our woeful O-line and thrown-in-the-breech Damon Huard.

Gun:
- They will bootleg, so just inactivate Hicks right now.
- Your defense will have to score for the Chiefs to even sniff a chance of stealing a W.
- Your secondary must kill Donk receivers; you have to win a battle of attrition.
- Plant "Pron-stache Plummer" on his head, shoulders, and butt, in that order.
- "Help us Obi Gun Kenobi; you're our only hope."

Solari:
- Whoever you start at RT, tell him before the game that you will castrate him for any false start. Even though Donk fans will have their mouths full of sushi and low-fat latte, they will be loud.
- Mix up the play-calling, but don't get cute; you've got nothing to lose.

STs:
- Dante: catch the ball first; then you can do that pinball thing. Like the defense, you will have to score for the Chiefs to even sniff a chance at victory.
- Colquitt, we're expecting big things from you in that thin air. Put a little "Left-footed English" on that ball and make us proud.

burt
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
The only reason I am cautiously optimistic that we *might* have a slight chance is that Huard will receive all the 1st team reps in preparation. Based upon my previous negative opinion about Huard and the fact that he had to enter the game without preparing to start and receiving reps all week, I was somewhat impressed with his performance Sunday. He made some nice throws, especially on 2 passes (1 of them being the TD) to Tony G.

We'll see..

I feel the same way. In preseason, Huard didn't seem qualified to be the #1 QB for BYU....but he did some positive things in the Bengals game. We must protect him and teach him NOT to have happy feet. There is a SLIM chance. That is more than I expected.....

KcMizzou
09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
We must protect him and teach him NOT to have happy feet. There is a SLIM chance. That is more than I expected.....

Pound LJ at 'em... get Tony G the ball 7 or 8 times (at least).. and use play action.

Logical
09-11-2006, 07:40 PM
To lose by less than 20 every game, absolutely.

Logical
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Pound LJ at 'em... get Tony G the ball 7 or 8 times (at least).. and use play action.That worked really well yesterday.ROFL

KcMizzou
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
That worked really well yesterday.ROFLActually, I didn't think they ran LJ enough... and hardly saw any play action.

Would you prefer we come out throwing in Denver with Huard at QB and our O-line in its current state?

Douche Baggins
09-11-2006, 07:53 PM
We're gonna have to come out throwing.

Denver's gonna cram 8 in the box immediately if they're smart.

burt
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM
We're gonna have to come out throwing.

Denver's gonna cram 8 in the box immediately if they're smart.

Tell your mom happy Birthday..... And then tell her you and Huard kinda convinced me....a very little bit. I don't think he belongs in Canada anymore.

Douche Baggins
11-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Maybe...just maybe?

Ultra Peanut
11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
You're crazy.

Crashride
11-06-2006, 12:13 AM
It took me like 5 minutes to realize this was an old thread...I was like wtf these people dont know what there talking about